Ultra Runners

Cruel Jewel 100 (Read 50 times)

A couple buddies and I are probably going to enter this race.  Since it's a first time event, I'm wondering if there any locals that are familiar with the group putting it on.

Thanks,

BenTN

Not local but did run the "Georgia Jewel" 35M last Fall. They also had 50M and 100M distances. Karen Pearson puts on an excellent race. She also did a 100K"The Jewel" last April on a different route.

Side note:

Liz Bauer broke the record of most 100M in a year at the GA Jewel.

Thanks,

She is not listed as the RD so I'm not sure if it's the same people involved.

BenTN

Thanks,

She is not listed as the RD so I'm not sure if it's the same people involved.

I'm pretty sure she is co-RDing it. She had a co-RD for the GA Jewel but only her name showed on the web site & ultra signup. I've forgotten his name.

Dream Maker

I am.

It will be a good event.

A very, very tough

but quality event.

RDs are sadists I think but they're organized sadists. haha

Dream Maker

Willy Syndram of the DUMASS runners is the other.... he also puts on Merrill's Miles and 24 hours of Hostelity.

Thanks Heather

RunJasonRun

I am friends with the race directors, and they put on some brutal, but well-organized events.  They're going to go the full nine yards to provide a safe race to everyone, but it's going to be a beatdown!

I'm signed up for Georgia Jewel 100 in September, since I had a lot of fun at the Georgia Jewel 50 last year.  After that, I may hit Cruel Jewel next year, but there's no telling!

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.