Ultra Runners

Sponsorship (Read 745 times)

Kalsarikännit

I want to be a sponsored athlete.  Not by a shoe company.  Any run of the mill (very fast) ultrarunner can do that.  I have found stuff that is so fantastic, that I would gladly paste their logos all over my body just for free product.  I really should get to writing them. 

• Five Hour Energy-  It doesn't make my heart race, gives me a little boost, and definitely helps me stay awake and moving through the night.
    • Immodium- I'd stop running if it wasn't for this stuff.  It is a miracle worker.  'Nuff said.
    • Wrigley 5 gum (Cobalt)-  After finishing the 24 Hours of Laramie I realized that I had been working on the same piece of gum for the last 25 hours while also eating and drinking.  Its texture still held up.  After my 6 hour a few weeks ago it was still minty.  I love this stuff.

What kind of things that are normally not associated with running have all of you fallen so in love with, that you would gladly wear their logos plastered all over your body?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

Not much

You are strange - In a good way

You also forgot Taco Bell ...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Good stuff. What about Pepto? I hear you guzzle that stuff like it's alcohol.

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

DoppleBock

All the products that I use are running related

S-Caps

Powerbar Gels

Endurox R4

Succeed - Pre-Race

Succeed - Post Race

ProSource Nytro Whey Extreme

Vasoline

Although I could think of a funny commercial for Nipple Tape

And

After the Glacial 50M last year - Immodium may move up to a top spot

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

Oh yeah!  Taco Bell!  It helps me not need the immodium.  Very important the day before a race.  You think they want to do an ad with me pushing the fact that it helps prevent the trots?

I have never puked during an ultra.  This really bothers me.  I wonder if I am just not trying hard enough.  Most ultras are spew-fests.  All I can think of is that the Pepto chugging is preventing me from becoming a true ultrarunner.  I actually love the taste of Pepto.  I keep it in all my drop bags.  I have had a bottle open in more than one bag.  Pink everything.

I have yet to puke ever during any race and I am a puker. Perhaps I need to try running drunk.

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Three Floyds, the Dark Lord.

Duh.

Carl A

They already shell out like 25 million a year for racing:

So, really, how much difference would a million or two more make?

As for me, I'd want to be sponsored by Cherry Coke, the taste of which always takes me back to my first Dead show: "Just like New York City, just like Cherry Coke . . ."

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Kalsarikännit

I have yet to puke ever during any race and I am a puker. Perhaps I need to try running drunk.

You are right.  Trent should put on a beer mile as part of Monkey festivities.  Friday evening before hitting downtown.

• Immodium- I'd stop running if it wasn't for this stuff.

heh,  seems counter-intuitive

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

jeffdonahue

What kind of things that are normally not associated with running have all of you fallen so in love with, that you would gladly have it plastered all over your body?

Ummm... does Jessica Alba count?  Not sure if she is a runner or not

Carl A

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

You'll ruin your knees!

hmmm...

from snack size for food, gallon size for dry storage in pack/drop bag, to giant sized as actual drop bag... great see-through bags for easy access...

... for... well... you know...

...for some reason, I gotta have these on race day...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

113 delicious calories per pop 'em

Creating happy butt cracks everywhere

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Have no idea why I had a double post . . . .

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance