Ultra Runners

Oil Creek 100 Trail Runs - 50K / 100K wait list, 100 filling rapidly (Read 70 times)

OilCreek100.org

** 5th annual Oil Creek 100 Trail Runs - northwestern PA - Oil Creek State Park's rugged Gerard Hiking Trail - birthplace of the oil industry in 1859 and boyhood home to NCAA college football legend Coach John Heisman

** Online (only) registration opens March 23rd at noon Eastern / 11 AM Central on RunRace.net

• 50K - $65 - will sell out in 5 minutes (to save registration time, create a user ID w/ address etc. on RunRace.net prior to registration day 3/23)
    • 100K - $90 - will sell out in 60 to 90 minutes
    • 100 - $140 - will sell out in 4 or 5 weeks

** Race date:  Oct 5, 2013

** Race headquarters:  beautiful and modern Titusville Middle School in Titusville PA - showers, free camping in gym or outside in grass

** Wild & tough 1860's oil boom era policies

No refunds

No changing of distances

No transfers to another runner

No deferring to another year

No dogs or pets race weekend

No alcohol on school or park property

Tom Jennings, Race Director

No alcohol on school or park property

And they call themselves an ultra Big grin

Trail Monster

It really is a beautiful and tough race! I did the 100k and loved it! I haven't figured out which distance I want to do this year but its a race a everyone should do at least once!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

hmmmmm.......Undecided

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

skeene07

Dirty Girl

If all goes according to plan...my husband will run this as his first 100 (he paced there last year). And hopefully I will pace him!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

OilCreek100.org

2.5 weeks until registration opens, sounds like I will see some of you there race weekend (or earlier during some of our organized group training runs during the summer.

For those that love their beer / alcohol, there is a microbrewery / restaurant that is a popular meeting place before or after the race - The Blue Canoe - and there are other restaurants / bars in town as well.  None on school property or in the park though or else we could lose the privilege of holding the race there.

Tom J

Occasional Runner

For those that are considering this race, Here is a RR from the 2012 event.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2012/10/oil-creek-100-cold-wet-and-amazing.html

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thank you, Kelly, for the link! I was looking for it to make up my mind about running it!

Run for fun.

OilCreek100.org

1 week until online registration at RunRace.net!

You can tent outside by the parking lot for free, or throw a cot or sleeping bag in the gym to lessen the expense.

Showers are $5 to help cover the cost of the school custodial staff race weekend.

OilCreek100.org

Here is the link to the registration website (and it is also at the top of our race website oc100.org / OilCreek100.org):

http://www.runrace.net/findarace.php?id=13278PA

Good luck to everyone on Saturday getting registered in the race you want.

Tom Jennings, RD

OilCreek100.org

Photos from last year's race to pump you up for registration tomorrow!

http://recordedlight.zenfolio.com/p524402418

OilCreek100.org

The 50K and 100K sold out in minutes, the 100 miler is well over half full and has about 80 spots left that are going fairly quickly.

Tom J, RD

oc100.org

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I got signed up for the 100M. Banshee, did you make it, and what distance did you choose?

Run for fun.

I Registered for the 100 mile.

OilCreek100.org

Congrats everyone, see you in October!  117 of the 175 slots are already claimed.  Click on the magnifying glass to see where everyone hails from - many states represented, as well as the UK and Canada.

http://www.runrace.net/findarace.php?id=13278PA

Tom J, race director

oc100.org