Ultra Runners

RWOL ultra runners (Read 668 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

You are very welcome here.  Glad to have you on board.

I'm Purdey and I started this group "way back when".

There is a LOT of experience and advice here - from back of the packers to international ultra runners (you'll find out who).

Looking forward to hearing about your running.

MTA - you won't get any bickering here, just don't bring any "daily mileage" threads, right?  Wink

RunJasonRun

Thanks for the welcome mat!  

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Purdey

Self anointed title

It's Tom, not Mat. But hey, no problem

Thanks for the welcome, Purdey!

There is a large contingent of us who are planning on running Northcoast in Sept (again). We manage to attract a few new, adventurous runners every year, and I'm sure they would appreciate any help. Thanks!

I already enjoy the AO much more than RWOL. Thanks Tom!

Good to see you Jason and Sue!

V/r,

Scott

"It is good to die for a cause, but better to live for a purpose..."

Thank you for the welcome!  We didn't do dailies in the ultra forum on RWOL, just in the trail running forum.  However, I had started a 2013 100-milers thread with the names of the races various forumites were running in 2013.  Would it be appropriate to move it here?  The thread doesn't get a ton of activity, but we like to provide shout-outs to people as they're getting ready to run their races.  (It's also nice to see who else is running a particular race).  I do see there's a general list of ALL races on this forum, so perhaps we'd just incorporate the 100-milers in there.  Let me know!

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, the 2013 calendar serves that purpose, we've agreed to limit it to 26.2 or greater.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks for the welcome.  Most of us would split time between Trail and Ultra forums.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Imminent Catastrophe

Glad to see you all here. It seems that the Trail Running forum is evolving to be more daily runs/chat-oriented, and this forum will be more topical. That's good all around.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

There's a Trail Running forum? Huh.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Us trail runners are a chatty bunch sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm sure I will pop my head over here from time to time, just like I did in our ultra running forum. 

Running is dumb.

DoppleBock

Purdey used to have the sexy woman from "The Avengers" as an avatar and it took me a while before I stopped hitting on him (Once I found out he was a dude) 

Thanks for the welcome mat!  

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

Hello.

Wandering Wally

Hi ya.  I want to be an ultra runner.  Hope I can soak up some knowledge here.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Hi back. I wanna be an ultra runner too!

Purdey - thanks for the history lesson. As Carson would say, I did not know that.

Liz

pace sera, sera