Ultra Runners

If you had to choose... (Read 698 times)

Which would you choose?

A. Tahoe Rim Trail 100 (July 17)

B. Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 (May 14)

C. Kettle Moraine 100 (June 4)

D. Big Horn 100 (June 16)

E. San Diego 100 (June 11)

F. Mohican Trail 100 (June 18)

That's the list of choices for next year's 100 for me. I got into Massanutten, but I'm not certain I'd take that over Tahoe or even Big Horn. I've done Kettle Moraine (last year), but I had a terrible race and it rained forever and that supposedly means next year will be perfect.

So, which would you choose and why?

I'm interested in these responses also as I am thinking about A.

Mainly because I've been to Lake Tahoe before and think I can work out the travel logistics fairly easy.

My wife also loves it there and I should be able to talk her into going.

I know nothing about B-F and unless I do one in March this will probably be my first 100.

The King of Beasts

me ?

Big Horn

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

me ?

Big Horn

Why?

I don't care much about 100, but I'm pondering their 50 and I don't know much about it.  I don't think I'm looking for specifics about the course... just why you pulled this one over the others.

The King of Beasts

I dont have a good reason or reasons, just looks like fun and I have heard good things.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

I've only done Bighorn (actually, paced 52 miles of it).  It's a nice course.  Very beautiful... awesome wildflowers.  Tends to be pretty muddy, but it's a good one...  it's my Hardrock fallback, in case I don't get in the lottery.

I have a bunch of photos up on Facebook... I think they are viewable by all... if you want to check out the course:

Bighorn 100 - 2010

xor

Plus, it's a horn.  A BIG one.

edited to add: yes, I could see them.  Question: is shooting guns part of the race?  Is it biathlon like?

(side note... in Hawai'i, they call duathlons "biathlons".  I always ask if there will be shooting involved, and they just look at me funny)

Plus, it's a horn.  A BIG one.

edited to add: yes, I could see them.  Question: is shooting guns part of the race?  Is it biathlon like?

(side note... in Hawai'i, they call duathlons "biathlons".  I always ask if there will be shooting involved, and they just look at me funny)

That would make it more interesting for sure. :-) 

It seemed to be the thing to do in northern Wyoming.  When in Rome...

I would say

G. Cascade Crest

and then

E. San Diego (1. because I think I am going to do it in 2011 and 2. I have heard from a couple of folks around here that they love it.)

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I would say

G. Cascade Crest

Heck yeah...this one looks awesome!

Heck yeah...this one looks awesome!

I love this race so much I want to do it again. If I don't run I will harass runners at No Name Ridge probably.

Lots of pics of Cascade...

http://www.pbase.com/gtach/cc10010

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2633824&id=10707151

~Sara
                        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I would say

G. Cascade Crest

and then

E. San Diego (1. because I think I am going to do it in 2011 and 2. I have heard from a couple of folks around here that they love it.)

Well, Cascade Crest is a bit too late in the year. My wife will be training for an ironman in September, so she gets the longer weekend workouts starting in July. August is too late.

San Diego is a possibility, but why do people like it? Pics? Glowing race report?

San Diego is a possibility, but why do people like it? Pics? Glowing race report?

http://365ultra.blogspot.com/2010/06/san-diego-100-mile.html

~Sara

~Sara