Ultra Runners

Wow (Read 342 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Trail Monster

I saw her and Scott's stories earlier. really amazing. They have a blog where you can read about each race, see their stats, and see all the buckles. Very cool and inspiring!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

ultrarunner08

Truly amazing!  To think that the human body can do that just proves that we as humans like to put limits on what our bodies can and should do but in reality we can do so much more.

Thanks for sharing.

Definitely an amazing couple.  When my non-running friends and family give me a hard time about all I run, I'll just have to refer them to these folks Big grin

Kalsarikännit

see all the buckles.

The ultralist and irunfar have linked to their blog.  I have to admit, I really loved looking at the buckles.   Georgia Jewel is not a race I thought of doing until I saw that buckle. I feel so shallow. Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Impressive indeed!  And the more I read about these kinds of adventures, the more I want to do a race like that myself someday.

Also, my thoughts mirrored WrigleyGirls, I had looked at the buckle page and I too singled out on the "Georgia Jewel" as a race buckle I would love to have.  And I am a guy... :-)

Just look at those things, Nice!   (Again, hopefully someday I can become capable of the 100-miler.  I am definitely working that direction) :-)

http://run30hundreds.blogspot.com

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Imminent Catastrophe

The ultralist and irunfar have linked to their blog.  I have to admit, I really loved looking at the buckles.   Georgia Jewel is not a race I thought of doing until I saw that buckle. I feel so shallow. Big grin

Heartland is pretty nice too.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am still trying to wrap my brain around this.  It's an average of three 100 milers per month.  It's around 3600 miles in races.  It's probably around 800-1000 hours of racing.  I haven't read through the blogs yet but I am intrigued to read about some of the details. A-MA-ZING!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Kalsarikännit

Heartland is pretty nice too.

Yes it is!  They gave us a choice of that one, which is the old one, or a new one with a horseshoe. I picked the old one, also.

I may be terrible, but I keep having the same thought anytime I see anything about them:  Holy Crap, that must be expensive!!!  I think they said that they spent $6000 in entry fees alone.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

BenTN

I saw them at the Georgia Jewel. I was there for the 35 miler (hanging head in shame).

Having never gone above 50 miles, I can't imagine doing even one 100 miler. I'm a wuss.

Trail Dog

I love the Black Hills buckle. Would look great with jeans and my cowgirl boots!

Trail Dog

Ben, you really need to step up your game. Slacker!

I saw them at the Georgia Jewel. I was there for the 35 miler (hanging head in shame).

Having never gone above 50 miles, I can't imagine doing even one 100 miler. I'm a wuss.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes it is!  They gave us a choice of that one, which is the old one, or a new one with a horseshoe. I picked the old one, also.

Yes, I like the one with the bison much better.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trail Monster

I had the same thoughts. "Oh, I haven't gotten THAT state yet. Maybe I'll do that 100 so I can get the state AND an awesome buckle." It's probably even more twisted and somewhat egotistical for me considering I haven't even finished my FIRST 100 yet. *le sigh*

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

That is a Leadville 1000 mile buckle, too.

edited -

Holy crap - 47 hours at hardrock. 2 full days!

• Black Canyon 100k
                                • RRR
                                • Zane Grey 100k
                                • High Lonesome 100
                                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                                • The Bear 100
                                • Javelina Jundred (?)