Ultra Runners

Run Under The Stars (Read 348 times)

The King of Beasts

Sat, May 30, 2009 Run Under The Stars 10 hr Endurance Run Paducah, KY 8:00 p.m. I have been thinking about doing this race. Anyone else interested?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The King of Beasts

Don't talk to me.
      If I can get some work done on the Jeep, I will drive up there. Just putting that out there.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can I carry your keys? By the way, your log for yesterday disappoints me. How do you do 5.1 in Monkeyville?

The King of Beasts

Can I carry your keys? By the way, your log for yesterday disappoints me. How do you do 5.1 in Monkeyville?
          Yes you can carry one set of my keys. there was an extreme chaffing issue that needed to heal before running could be done. deep wells, 1.6, a little past the sign, and back up to deep wells

I'll be there :-)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

The King of Beasts

I'll be there :-)
              do you have a goal in mind?

In 2007 I did my first ultra distance there by finishing 31 miles. Not sure about this year. I'll be helping out and running this year so whatever I can get in works for me. If you see me taking pictures of everyone at the beginning of the run, say hi! What's your goal?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He best cover at least 50 miles.

The King of Beasts

He best cover at least 50 miles.
                    that sounds about right, maybe more and I will say hi, maybe 100 times-ish

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I suspect that over the course of 8 hours, your greeting will evolve from "hi" to a variety of colorful curses that would make a monkey blush.

The King of Beasts

So long as there are not any young monkeys around, everyone might get an impressive vocabulary lesson.