Ultra Runners

Anyone coming to WS this year? (Read 201 times)

I live in Auburn, and my husband and 2 boys will be working at the finish line. If anyone will be around Auburn, I'd love to meet you, help you out all I can. Smile
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

You'll ruin your knees!

Didn't make the lottery for this year, but have a pretty good chance for 2009. I am hoping to get in next year any attempt the Grand Slam. You guys have fun, I have a number of friends who will be there and will be watching the progress

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Didn't make the lottery for this year, but have a pretty good chance for 2009. I am hoping to get in next year and attempt the Grand Slam. You guys have fun, I have a number of friends who will be there and will be watching the progress
        The Grand Slam?! Wow. Good luck chap!

Didn't make the lottery for this year, but have a pretty good chance for 2009. I am hoping to get in next year any attempt the Grand Slam. You guys have fun, I have a number of friends who will be there and will be watching the progress
          The Grand Slam! Wow! We'll look for you next year, Lynn.
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Imminent Catastrophe

WS100 cancelled! Wow, that will stir things up for next year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

WS100 cancelled! Wow, that will stir things up for next year.
              This year's runners have a guaranteed entry next year if they want it.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

My sweet new crank!

Grand Slam, good stuff. This year at Ice Age 50 I ran about 7 miles with a gentleman who allegedly was the first to finish the Grand Slam. Great stories from him. I wish I could recall his name....bearded nice guy i all I can think of now. But, he has done it several times now in the last many many years. Best of Luck to you.
                Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO