Ultra Runners

Who is in the WSER lottery? (Read 82 times)

TripleBock

I guess I can give up on running altogether now.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

bhearn

In the plain-old-ordinary-folks lottery:

Darcy Africa

Hal Koerner

Not in

Kalsarikännit

So, this was the plan:  Finally focus on a goal race and train my ass off for months and not do a different ultra or marathon every other week forcing myself into a constant back and forth of tapering and recovering and putting out half-assed races. The priority was 24 Hour World Champs, WSER, or finally race a marathon. I can still get bumped from the team, but truthfully, right now it looks like a 24 Hour World Champ won't even be held. I know that training for and racing a marathon is the best thing for me and my running, but it doesn't make me feel better.

I need a WSER qualifier. Most of the races don't work with next years schedule of the marathon then a 24 or two, so it looks like I have to do Rocky Raccoon.

DoppleBock, almost two months to get your shit together. You just need to go sub-30. You wanna do Rocky Raccoon on Feb 1?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

bhearn

right now it looks like a 24 Hour World Champ won't even be held.

WTF

I need a WSER qualifier. Most of the races don't work with next years schedule of the marathon then a 24 or two, so it looks like I have to do Rocky Raccoon.

I would love to run Rocky Raccoon again, but I don't think it's realistic for 2014.

Kalsarikännit

I would love to run Rocky Raccoon again, but I don't think it's realistic for 2014.

It was my first 100. I was out there a looooong time. (Yeah...that beware the chair thing...).  I think I can take 10 hours off my first one.

I love Bandera so much it is stupid. I'm going to ATY, though, and there is no way I can recover in time.

Bob, you just need to get heathy and represent us well at WSER.

bhearn

Bob, you just need to get heathy and represent us well at WSER.

Doing my best. This week I should be up to 40ish miles, woohoo!

Kalsarikännit

Doing my best. This week I should be up to 40ish miles, woohoo!

Holy crap!  That's awesome!  (Don't go nuts though.)  I'm happy for you.

As a 20 percenter ... Why do you think only 5 people from Maine are interested?

Hard to say. Maine being part of the whole New England blah blah blah running scene, there are a ton of runners around here, but even among a lot of the runners I know it's just not something that's on their radar at all.

I was scared to get in, and now I'm completely bummed that I didn't. Damn.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

TripleBock

The 1st time for 24 and 1st time for 100k I was somewhat forgiving of the IAU ... but this is getting stupid.  The sport is picking up in popularity and you cannot accept a bid that is destined to fail ... there is something broken in the process.  I guess I do not know any detials, so I should not speek ... maybe no one submitted a bid to host it?

but truthfully, right now it looks like a 24 Hour World Champ won't even be held. 

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

SillyC

As a 20 percenter ... Why do you think only 5 people from Maine are interested?

Honestly, I think it's a combination of the expense of the trip and the lack of qualifying races.  Vermont and Pineland in 11 hours could have potentially qualified a lot of people.  But the other two are Bear Mountain and Virgil Crest.  In 11 hours?  Not too many people can pull that off, and most of them that did aren't even local.  Heck, Bear Mountain took Nikki Kimball 10 hours.

Kalsarikännit

http://whatisultra.tumblr.com/post/69436804457/after-the-lotteries

bhearn

OK, that's a pretty funny site.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

http://whatisultra.tumblr.com/post/69436804457/after-the-lotteries

I can't stop laughing at this one... http://whatisultra.tumblr.com/post/69108792898/passing-through-the-aid-station

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)

Imminent Catastrophe

I can't stop laughing at this one... http://whatisultra.tumblr.com/post/69108792898/passing-through-the-aid-station

That's the funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016