Ultra Runners

2012 RAers Race Calendar (Read 2137 times)

Kalsarikännit

April - Carmel Marathon ?  Attempt to BQ given the ^ Fail

April - Ouachita 50

When looking up the dates for your races, I noticed that both Carmel and Ouachita are on the same day.  You have something up your sleeve that we should know about?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

When looking up the dates for your races, I noticed that both Carmel and Ouachita are on the same day.  You have something up your sleeve that we should know about?

Nope - just had the wrong date in my head!  TBD but likely Ouchita.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)

What is this?

Local Chicago area ultrarunning group (New Leaf Ultra Runs) is putting on a fatass on the Ice Age trail.  I suspect it is pretty much following the IA50K course.  Starts at 7am, 3/24.  I can get you more details if you are interested.

I'm not really racing this, just using it to gauge my current fitness/speed on the course.  I will probably go about 90% max effort, which is hopefully around a 8:40 pace for the 50K distance.

You'll ruin your knees!

Nope - just had the wrong date in my head!  TBD but likely Ouchita.

I suggest you take your bug spray to Ouachita (although your "OUCHita" spelling may be more appropriate).  The deer flies can be quite troublesome... Great course, great race fun times.. but ohhhh the deer flies!!! 

Good luck!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

DoppleBock

WG ~ You may have some good company at DS - I always like Ian http://sharmanian.blogspot.com/p/upcoming-races.html

If I do not run or fail to qualify @ FANS ~ I will likely try and be there too.  I sure hope I do not have to though.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Since it is a local Chicago running club - I am not sure they would want a no-good fat-ass brother-in-law from WI showing up.

I think I better stick closer to home ... I am already disrupting my training 3/17 for fat-ass marathon, 3/31 for Mad City 50k and 4/21 for Carmel Marathon -

Local Chicago area ultrarunning group (New Leaf Ultra Runs) is putting on a fatass on the Ice Age trail.  I suspect it is pretty much following the IA50K course.  Starts at 7am, 3/24.  I can get you more details if you are interested.

I'm not really racing this, just using it to gauge my current fitness/speed on the course.  I will probably go about 90% max effort, which is hopefully around a 8:40 pace for the 50K distance.

Kalsarikännit

WG ~ You may have some good company at DS - I always like Ian http://sharmanian.blogspot.com/p/upcoming-races.html

Very nice.  He is pretty awesome.

I just received a very nice e-mail from Nick Coury two days ago.  He said my qualifying mileage from 2010 is fine and that it will be nice to have someone who is used to running these races on a track.  He was really sweet, and I look forward to running one of his races.  I get the idea that Aravaipa Running does a great job with their races.

That all means that I am in for Arizona in December.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to beat Ian Sharman...

DoppleBock

I would love to see him make a serious attempt at something big.  I will know on June 3rd if I am going to join you.

But more than wanting to see Ian kill it ... I would rather see you have a break out return to 24 hour race!

If we both are there - I will have to explain to Jill that you are a total liar, liar pants on fire duing a 24 hour race and to make you eat and if she does not see it - it does not count.  

That all means that I am in for Arizona in December.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to beat Ian Sharman...

Kalsarikännit

If we both are there - I will have to explain to Jill that you are a total liar, liar pants on fire duing a 24 hour race and to make you eat and if she does not see it - it does not count.  

You can witness it at Badgerland if you are able to help out (if not I will snag someone else).  I like the track and the rhythm I can get into.  I can run x number of laps and then eat solid food (in addition to the gus) on the walk lap.  I am going to be very good about taking a gu every 40 minutes when I am there.  I don't think I took 1 gu per hour at Cornbelt, and I think I ate something like 7 crackers as for as real foods goes.  Luckily I found the best real ultra food ever...banana bread!

DoppleBock

That I will have to talk over with Jill - It is her Birthday weekend and we usually do something family fun. 

You can witness it at Badgerland if you are able to help out (if not I will snag someone else).  I like the track and the rhythm I can get into.  I can run x number of laps and then eat solid food (in addition to the gus) on the walk lap.  I am going to be very good about taking a gu every 40 minutes when I am there.  I don't think I took 1 gu per hour at Cornbelt, and I think I ate something like 7 crackers as for as real foods goes.  Luckily I found the best real ultra food ever...banana bread!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm running a 3000m trail run on March 24th.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kalsarikännit

That I will have to talk over with Jill - It is her Birthday weekend and we usually do something family fun. 

No worries.  I guess if you want to be selfish and put your wife and her birthday ahead of a strange woman from the internet, I will just have to live with it.  Big grin

AP, marathon or longer.  But good luck, Mr 3:06.

xor

I would love to see him make a serious attempt at something big.

He will be what he's gotta be.  Please don't squeeze the Sharman.

Kalsarikännit

I'm running a 3000m trail run on March 24th.

DAMMIT!  I now think AP was messing with me, posting that here.  Except he races short distances.  But why would a 3000 be held on trails?  I think he is trying to make me look stupid.  Jokes on him.  I do that perfectly well on my own.

Since it is a local Chicago running club - I am not sure they would want a no-good fat-ass brother-in-law from WI showing up.

I think I better stick closer to home ... I am already disrupting my training 3/17 for fat-ass marathon, 3/31 for Mad City 50k and 4/21 for Carmel Marathon -

As long as you bring cheese and beer, us ill folks can tolerate the cheese heads.  I've been looking for an opportunity to serve up some home brews such as a dupple, saison, double IPA, and bells oberon clone, but I suppose us ill folk will have to drink all by ourselves...