Ultra Runners

Across the Years tracking (Read 61 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

ATY starts in a few minutes. This link is supposed to provide real time tracking.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

This event takes place about 10 miles from my house.  Every year I have several friends running in one of the events.  Every year I say I'm going to watch and cheer.  Every year I fail to do so.  I suck.

You people have issues 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This event takes place about 10 miles from my house.  Every year I have several friends running in one of the events.  Every year I say I'm going to watch and cheer.  Every year I fail to do so.  I suck.

You mean I missed an opportunity to meet you in real life when I ran it 2 years ago.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You mean I missed an opportunity to meet you in real life when I ran it 2 years ago.

I wouldn't have showed up anyhow.  

You people have issues 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As for the race, Adela Salt running the Day 2 24-hour race is running at close to record pace with 46.2 miles in 6:54. Meanwhile Dave Proctor in the 6-day leads all runners including the 24-, 48-,  and 72-hour runners with 161.66 miles in 31 hours.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

GC100k

bhearn

Very sad news. Kelly used to be a regular here.

berylrunner

Rick

ATY runner DQed: https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/01/kelly-agnew-aty-dq-cheat.html

As much as this is an embarrassment to the Ultra community, It should be posted out in the main forum (I am surprised how little press it has received)

I knew Kelly and his wife from the races I used to work.  Very friendly and helpful.  Once in a while Kelly would race, but most often they just came out to volunteer.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As much as this is an embarrassment to the Ultra community, It should be posted out in the main forum (I am surprised how little press it has received)

It's hit RW, ESPN, and SI so it's getting plenty of press in the main stream sports media. Multiple threads on FB in the Trail and Ultra Running and Running Against Time groups.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

paul2432

I knew Kelly and his wife from the races I used to work.  Very friendly and helpful.  Once in a while Kelly would race, but most often they just came out to volunteer.

Unfortunately those who are dishonest are often quite friendly.  Classic technique of scammers to put victims at ease and off guard.  We have no way of knowing whether his friendliness was genuine, or merely a cover for his cheating.