Ultra Runners

Trekking Poles (Read 47 times)

Does anyone have experience with these Leki trekking poles?  I'm looking to invest in a good pair of poles.  If you have other recommendations, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Daydreamer1

These look interesting. I normally don't even give a second glance at any of the Z type poles because all the ones I had ever looked at weren't adjustable.  With these being adjustable I'd be interested in looking at them.

I have been using a pair of Black Diamond with the flip locks.  I like them because they are more adjustable than these. The range is from about 24 inches to 52 inches. They are also aluminum. I run where it's very rocky with a lot of places for the poles to get stuck between rocks. It happens all the time to me. I think Aluminum will flex a little better with out snapping than the carbon, although others may disagree with that. My poles have two small dents towards the bottom where they got caught between rocks. The force on them was pretty severe at the time and enough to cause the dent, but but didn't crack or shatter and are still fully functionable in regards to being adjustable.  I've often wondered if a carbon pole might have cracked or shattered.

The ones you are looking at will collapse into a shorter package then mine will.  They are also about 2 oz lighter.

Best Present Ever

I have these. http://www.komperdell.com/en/poles/trekking/carbon.php?id=194_2313_10

I just used them for the first time and liked them. They are both z-style and adjustable.

Thanks for your input.  It's appreciated.

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Technorigine

I have used these all this year, almost on a daily basis (mountaineering mostly). They are light, adjustable, and most importantly, durable! I have put them through hell and back and they have kept me upright the entire time.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1159569&gclid=CjwKEAjwtNbABRCsqO7J0_uJxWYSJAAiVo5LRrHwvRCIWq9WKgo4pstPeFyTQ1nWpf5PM-a6rBt8zhoCdrTw_wcB&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677682%2C&is=REG&A=details

I went ahead and purchased the Leki poles and used them for the first time this past weekend.  I wasn't doing anything to really stress them, but they are incredibly light and very EZ to set up and break down, and I can see how using poles is going to be very beneficial for hill trail runs.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance