Ultra Runners

White River 50 Miler (Read 590 times)

xor

White River 50 Miler.

smalcolm's in.  srlopez' is in.

By chance, anyone else coming to run?  "It's just two climbs." (points to mountain one) "That one" (points to mountain two) "...and that one".

Not me, although if I lived in WA you could probably twist my arm.  I see an interesting trend here in recent races for you though.  When are you going to run 100 and just get the suspense over with Big grin

xor

What's the trend?

Multiple 40+ runs in the last few months increasing in frequency.  I've heard that once you go beyond a certain point you just want more and more runs until nothing short of 100 is enough.  It may already be to late to stop  the addiction...

Again, real life is in the way that day.

I'm leaving for a week in Chelan.

Fun, sun, good food, adult beverages, and a little bit of running

Good luck to all running

MTA: I expect a WR race report equal to your last

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Multiple 40+ runs in the last few months increasing in frequency.  I've heard that once you go beyond a certain point you just want more and more runs until nothing short of 100 is enough.  It may already be to late to stop  the addiction...

I don't know about the increasing in frequency part.  I suppose. I've run 7 40+ mile races over the past 4 years plus one 60ish mile pacing gig. That's about it. And "100" is an addiction I do not possess. No way.

Fred Garvey Gumbee Garvin, you can *expect* that, but I may not deliver.  We will see.

HOWEVER, now I bet I could find an animated gif and/or youtube thingy that chirps the 24 countdown. Didn't really have that in 2008.

In! Excited srlopez is in!!! He's going to get his revenge on WR!

~Sara
                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

It will be a beautiful day and nothing will stop you Robert, not even a bit of snow on the course!

I'm in too......and I got my 1st choice race, I mean hike, number...51..=my age and # of MM races.

Francesca

xor

51 was one of my alternate choices.  "Representing the 51st state in the union, Puerto Rico".

I got #69, which is my monkey number.

My first alternate was my maniac number, #111.  I was shocked to find out that this was the MOST REQUESTED number by folks.  ????

Believe

White River 50 Miler.

smalcolm's in.  srlopez' is in.

By chance, anyone else coming to run?  "It's just two climbs." (points to mountain one) "That one" (points to mountain two) "...and that one".

Good luck Lopez.  have a great run.

xor

I lived.  The snow was only tricky in one section, where of course I wiped out.  I made my main goal (beat my 2008 time), but I didn't do as well as I was hoping.  Not sure what I should have done differently.

Smalcolm won stuff.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I lived.  The snow was only tricky in one section, where of course I wiped out.  I made my main goal (beat my 2008 time), but I didn't do as well as I was hoping.  Not sure what I should have done differently.

Smalcolm won stuff.

Looks like you beat your  main goal. Congrats.Finish 11:40 

2008 **12:30:32

50 minutes faster.Sweet.Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Can't beat the views on this course. Photo by the amazing Glenn Tachiyama

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan