Virtual Racers

January Virtual Race is Travelling! (Read 799 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Janell, Can I still participate if I don't have a picture? You know me, I'm not the traveling kind. My place is on my couch in front of the TV, when I'm not running, of course Big grin If so, can I sign up for the half marathon and a full marathon too? I figure I need to out do Jake and whoever that are running multiple races, except for Lynn of course. Big grin I might not be able to get the results in for at least a week though, because I might not have access to a computer.
    No pictures or info? Goodness sakes! :: sigh:: And asking about a late submission? I dunno, MC. You know how I feel about late entries that might change the finish order... Tell ya what. If it's late, you get last place regardless of time. Sound fair? And I'm thinking we should charge a few extra minutes for "hitchhikers" who don't pay the "admission fee" of the travel/info... Evil grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yikes - well here goes nothing. I'll give a 5Ker a go...I think I'm gonna finish last but that's okay! I can't beat my PR if I don't HAVE a PR Smile Kimmer
      Hey, one of the great things about running a race for the first time is that anything you run is a PR and reason to celebrate! Go show 'em what you got!

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

No pictures or info? Goodness sakes! :: sigh:: And asking about a late submission? I dunno, MC. You know how I feel about late entries that might change the finish order... Tell ya what. If it's late, you get last place regardless of time. Sound fair? And I'm thinking we should charge a few extra minutes for "hitchhikers" who don't pay the "admission fee" of the travel/info... Evil grin
        You could look up my results if you like Big grin
        Wingz

Professional Noob

And just how will you enter your results on RA if you have no internet access? Modified to add: about 4 hours later I realized you meant from the race website. Ohhh. I'll think about it. But it'll cost you extra!

va

Race dates is next weekend - Jan 5-6, submitting through the 7th. What lengths do you guys want? For now I'll put you both under 5K. Let me know if I need to change it.
            Hi Wingz, Since the weather may be warm this weekend, I may be able to venture outside, and run my first 5K virtual race. I am confused about when I would need to run this. Your earlier post said next weekend, but the dates you gave were the 5th an 6th. That is Friday and Saturday. Is that what you meant? Thanks!
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Sorry! I have date confusion! Happens a lot... Roll eyes Saturday and Sunday are the "official" race dates. Regardless of what the actual numbers are! It's the first full weekend of every month. And times should be submitted between Saturday and Monday. Better?

va

Better?
                Yes, thanks. Smile "Caracol - This is the largest site in Belize Constantly at war with Tikal, Caracol dominated this region after winning a 562AD conflict. Some of the special features of Caracol are the giant dated inscriptions on circular alter stones and huge reservoirs hewn out of solid rock for the storage of water. The 140-foot high platform of Caana, or sky place, is the tallest man-made structure in Belize." - from www.themayantraveler.com
                  10 mile please!!! How do I attach my pic to a post by the way so I can do a proper entry?
                  Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

And just how will you enter your results on RA if you have no internet access? Modified to add: about 4 hours later I realized you meant from the race website. Ohhh. I'll think about it. But it'll cost you extra!
                    I'll gladly pay twice what the virtual race costs if you could do that for me Big grin
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

10 mile please!!! How do I attach my pic to a post by the way so I can do a proper entry?
                      Somebody else please explain this - I'm having trouble with technical words today... Wink

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'll gladly pay twice what the virtual race costs if you could do that for me Big grin
                        I'll need to know where to look. And, of course, that'll be at least two Mayan ruins pictures/ interesting facts please. (No duplicates!) And only because I know your hare-y little butt's going to be in Florida... let's not make a rabbit ... er ... habit of this, ok? Now hop along and find that feet, erm, fee befur I burrow your avatar... Evil grin

Put me down for 10 miles (assuming I can get rid of this nasty cold. Undecided) Interesting fact: I'll be running on Saturday, January 6, 2007 and that date in the Mayan calander is Long Count: 12.19.13.17.4 Maya Day Number: 1,869,824 and the Lord of the Night would be God 2 of the Bolontiku http://www.mayabelize.ca/maya/maya-long-count-generator.shtml Teresa
                          Mishka-old log

A common pastime of the Mayan culture was the Mesoamerican Ballgame...juego de pelota in Spanish. The ferocity of the games put American football to shame. Players were often killed during the course of play...and often afterward as sacrifices to the gods. Most accounts describe the losing captain being sacrificed, but other accounts actually describe the winning team being sacrificed. In these cases, historians believe this to have been an honor for the winning team. Anyway...please put me down for a 5k! Thanks!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

but other accounts actually describe the winning team being sacrificed. In these cases, historians believe this to have been an honor for the winning team.
                              For once I am glad I'm only a mediocre athlete.... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I am back - in this month for a 5k and a 5 mile. I think the finish line should be at the top of the steps!!!!! I run here, in my head, every day! Dave