Virtual Racers

I would like to sign up for the 5K. I take it that I can use Wednesday's run. Fridays are for long runs, Sat are reserved as a day of rest and obligations with the grandkids, and Sun I try to run with my daughters, nice easy runs.
    Age is not an illusion
    Wingz

Professional Noob

That's fine. Welcome, Joe! Are your daughters members here on RA too?

Roads were made for journeys...

There is a trail race in Delaware called the triple crown...Its a half marathon, followed by a 10K, followed by a 5K...they give out Triple Crown Mugs or something like that...Special recognition on the results page would be nice!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Souds good. You running this time around, ttmalek?

JakeKnight

Guys, do you think we need a special award for people who complete all three distances?
            Yes. Definitely. And it should involve beer. And cheerleaders. And money. Throwing flowers is good, too.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! Then we'll need a sponsor. You volunteering? Big grin

I'm in for the 5 mile.
                "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
                  Ah hah!! There are the virtual racers in their own forum!! Glad I caught up with you! Janell, Please can you pop me in the 5m division for now? I fancy the 10k but I'll need to draw another course first and am too busy to tinker with the google map at the moment!! Thanks Wink Keith

Go Pre!

Hmmmm....if I don't show up for all 3 races, there will be Razzing? I haven't been razzed for not showing up since high school! I am (still) in for all 3...I mean, you can't beat the registration fees! I ran a 5k race last Sunday. It was for Run For the Cure and in Toronto, we had almost 30,000 people out - for walking and running! (1 k and 5 k) A lot of walkers started at the run time (15 minutes earlier than the walkers were scheduled for) and it made for a most crowded start! My gun time was 24:45 but my start to finish was 23:04 almost 2 minutes to get to the start line from what didn't seem like too far back. Anyway, it is a non-competitive event so my friends and I felt bad passing all of the walkers and slow runners but as we did, and had to do it in a hurry to make use of all of the brief openings for passing we ended up at a good pace and were shocked to see we all made PRs! It was more tiring than a usual 5k run, not just because of the pace but from all of the detouring up onto slanted grass hills and sidewalks, around trees and one time I had to hurdle a large dog or I would have had quite a tumble. All this fun stuff aside, it was a great day and nice to see such a huge turnout for a great cause!
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Dave - I'm mostly pulling your leg about the razzing. BUT... since you're signed up and you've already run at least 2 of these, really you'd have no excuse for not posting your times, right? Hmmm??? Wink Sounds like a fun race Sunday. I didn't know dog-hurdling was an event! Big grin Glad you passed that "hurdle!"

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ah hah!! There are the virtual racers in their own forum!! Glad I caught up with you!
                        Keith - you've been looking for us? I wasn't trying to make it hard to find here, what with advertising on the main board every month and all... If there's anything else I can do to increase our visibility without being obnoxious, let me know, ok? Besides... anytime someone wants to catch up with me all they have to do is start walking in my direction... Roll eyes Doesn't usually take very long! Roll eyes Big grin

Sluggard

Sign me up for a 5K please.
                            i RUN IN THE 5k AND THE 5 MILE.
                            What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
                              Sign me up for the 5k please!

Dog-Love

I will try, but I may be a dnf or rather dns (did not start). Oh and that would be a 5K this time.
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)