Virtual Racers

Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome back, everyone! It's time to lay it out again! What are you going to be racing this month? Official race dates are Nov 4th and 5th! If you can, try to take a race or run from that weekend. Times will be accepted from Nov 4th - 6th. Racing divisions open include 5K, 5 Mile, 10K, 10 Mile, and Half-Marathon. Half-marathon times from races within the past month will be accepted since these races aren't as frequent and it's not a distance commonly run in training. If there are two or more people requesting a different distance, I'd be happy to make another division... as soon as I get at least two actual results in. Here's who's signed up for this month's race 5K Daddyo LisaK rockenmamof5 scrumhalfgirl tbarton teclipse3 ttmalek 5 Mile Crabby Daddyo Hawk Runner Mile Collector The Running Man 10K bas Daddyo JakeKnight 10 Mile katkelly14 rockenmamof5 Half Marathon abbaroodle backroadrunner bas cderuyter ttmalek Wingz Zoom-zoom Good luck, all, and see you at the finish line!

Roads were made for journeys...

I work both days. Can I sign up for the 5k and 5 miler? I think I can fit those in before work on the 4th and 5th.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

scrumhalfgirl

I'm in for the 5K for sure. I may sign up for one more, but I'll have to look at my schedule.

-Jess

I'm in for the 5 mile.
          "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
          JakeKnight

10-K por favor.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Depending on how my back reacts over the next week, I'll ATTEPMT the 5K.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Put me down for the 5K this month. Teresa
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Depending on how my back reacts over the next week, I'll ATTEPMT the 5K.
                  Gregg - I'd really reccommend waiting until Dec's race... Get your body used to running again before stressing it more with a race. BTW, I'm really glad you're feeling well enough to start back running! Big grin

Dog-Love

Sign me up for the 5 miler.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Gregg - I'd really reccommend waiting until Dec's race... Get your body used to running again before stressing it more with a race. BTW, I'm really glad you're feeling well enough to start back running! Big grin
                      I dream, can't I? But you are correct. I didn't bother looking at the dates. To go from 0 to 3.1 miles in week is not too smart

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'll see you there next month! Smile

Depending on if I live through the next 48 hrs, you might add me to the 5mi. We ran our HM today & my quads & groin are not happy with me!! Damn hills!! Kirsten & I kept you in our thoughts, Wingz, as we ran the multitude of small, rolling hills in the first 6+ miles of the course. We just kept saying to eachother, "hills are our friends, hills make us stronger, hills make us run faster, we love hills, we love these damn hills!" Big grin
                          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! Did it work? Oh, and BTW, I'm a really bad mind reader, so you'll have to let me know yea or nay on the 5 miler. Go take care of yourself, and congrats on your HM! Notice I signed both you and Zoomy up for the HM already? Figured I'd save you the trouble... Wink So don't forget to submit those times next weekend!

bas

I'll do another 10 km. milecollector, are you game? Or is that a rude thing to say to a bunny? When you join, there will be a blinking bunny, a red panda and a grim gorilla at the start... I will feel right at home. Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Wingz

Professional Noob

Evil grin We'd better make sure MC has a good map on hand... Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin Hey, Bas, are you going to do the HM too?