Womens Running

Time for Coffee Tuesday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Supermoms~

Bermy- happy 2nd bday to D!! I'm sure you guys had a great time celebrating. Wow, you made an amazing brunch! Keep posting, I totally geek out over running details like workout distances and times. Aw, thanks for the encouragement and virtual hugs! Work situation kind of got me down a bit last week.

RR: crunch and run class today, so a good core workout + a run. Planning on 6-7 miles total.

TR: ate his weight in chili last night at dinner, then stole the rest out of my bowl. we spent most of the day outdoors, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air.

NRR: need to do some laundry and start packing for the weekend. R and I leave for my mom's house on Thursday, and Ragnar starts early Friday morning! So excited!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

rg - what are your Ragnar legs like?  What number runner are you?  So exciting!!  I guy from my church wants to put a team together for Ragnar Ontario/Niagara next year - sounds like fun!  Love that R was such a good eater.  I made a veggie chili last week and I put butternut squash in it (we have tons of squash in our garden) and even my squash hater loved it - I couldn't believe it!  Hope Crunch n'Run goes well today!

zorbs - yay for your mom - my mom isn't a gourmet cook, but I love it when she cooks some of those comfort foods from when I was a kid.  Great job on the trails!  Hope all goes well while DH is away.

RR - another USRD - going to see a sports physician tonight.  The knee seems about the same as yesterday - it's not that terrible, but I don't want to make it worse. 

NRR - my new nephew is adorable and he was so cuddly - he fell asleep while I was holding him - I could have sat there all day!

FR - DH and I had another breakfast date, but DD2 joined us since she was up early again.  Going to make arm's zucchini enchiladas for dinner

KR - DS is requesting Maple Bacon chips for bfast - what??

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 2x3K tempo (HMP), 10K total with Emma.  I would NOT get up this damn early for any other reason!  In fact, if I wanted to do this solo, I could have slept in.

TR - had a massive tantrum about wanting to go to the grocery store.  Kept asking what he wanted to buy there and no reply. Managed to escape music class last night in the first minute - the teacher got out her sheet of stickers to show the kids, B leaned over to take a look and  I literally ran right out the door and started my run.

FR - mom is staying over tonight, I requested chinese steamed egg custard, green beans, rice.

NRR - DH is away in Denver on business this afternoon until Sunday night.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER/RR - was going to get on the elliptical but my quads are still really sore... ugh, I hate feeling out of shape.. so another rest day..

TR - 18 month check up yesterday.  She cried the entire car ride there because I wouldn't hold her (I was driving), cried while we waited for the doc because I wouldn't let her run around the office (there were other patients waiting) and cried when the doc came in just because... eventually she stopped crying and was fine.  She gained almost 3 pounds in 2.5 months which is huge for her.

NRR - today's the day we give a demo of our product to some big shots.... never mind that the product is less than 50% done, that it crashes 50% of the time and that most of the changes are behind the scenes so there are no user interface changes to show... then another big long meeting this afternoon... Tuesdays are always a downer...

rg - i've heard a lot about Ragnars but don't know much about them... how much do you have to run?  my doc told me she was on a team that did Dances witth Dirt... not sure if that's the same concept as the Ragnar..

eh - hope your knee feels better .... when i tell my doc my knee hurts, she always tells me to make sure i'm doing hip and quad strengthening exercises...

zorbs - if my mom was over and offered to cook me food, i think my list would be really long.. but i'd definitely ask for something with tofu..

Erniegirl

ER - ST, core.

TR - Loves swimming lessons. She was squealing with delight the entire time and grinning at everyone. I will have to remember to bring more post-swimming snacks for her, though, because she was starving afterwards. I gave her a fruit and yogurt pouch in the car and she sucked it back within seconds and was demanding more food before we'd even left the pool parking lot. Other notable events were her yelling "pee!" while I was changing her and then immediately peeing on the change room floor. Oops.

FR - Either butternut squash soup or butternut squash risotto.

NRR - We'll probably go to the community centre for drop-in play this morning. I'd also like to go shopping for bathing suits now that they are all on clearance.

~~~

rg - The weather was beautiful yesterday afternoon! R probably worked up a serious hunger form all that outdoor time. How many people are in your crunch and run class now? Ragnar sounds like so much fun!

eh - Hope things go well with the sports doctor - I had no idea they were covered by OHIP! Aw, your nephew sounds so cute. Did holding him cause some baby fever? Ha, are maple bacon chips even a real thing?

zorbs - Those HMP tempos are tough! I don't find them confidence building until I can do 10k at that pace. Is your mom staying over the whole time DH is gone or just tonight? Great to have someone cook for you tonight!

Cx2 - Sounds like a lot of us had tearful kids at their most recent checkups. S loves the waiting room, though, because and there are always lots of other kids running around and playing with the toys and books. It's no wonder the product is not finished - your company keeps wasting everyone's time with these long ass meetings!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Hoping to get on the elliptical for the first time in a VERY long time today after work.  Hoping it feels better than trying to walk outside.

TR:  Gets crazy before bedtime, but I am trying to "be present" at night and enjoy just the three of us.

NRR:  The sub saga continues....my department head thinks he has someone who is interested.  I am hoping my administrator brings her in today for an interview and then once again this week to observe.  Plus, if he interviews her today, I don't have to score stupid writing assessments.  There is a reason I teach what I do and it is NOT reading! Smile

NRR#2:  Got a $10 coupon from TOMS.  I am going to order J a pair, and really want some myself.  I worry that I will order and then the new fall/winter styles will come out.  I need something other than my crochet Toms....which have been a life saver slip on shoe lately!

FR:  Loving chocolate right now.  Thinking I should lay off.  Oh...we bought apples at the farmers market on Sunday...maybe DH will make pie today!

PGR:  39 weeks.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

morning!

RR - 8 miles on the schedule.  Had planned to get up and run 4-5 of them early and then finish it out with L in the stroller after the girls went to school but my alarm went off and I was so tired so I'm going to try all 8 with the stroller.  Hopefully he will sit that long.  Trying to figure out where to start/end so I can get a coffee and he can play at a park.

BR - has a cold and I think he gave it to me.  I'm a little congested and so, so tired.

KR - thinking of pulling DD3 from swim team.  They are so super serious and not making it very fun and she's 6 and not ready to be serious yet.  She seems like she'd be better off in tennis and/or gymnastics.  DD1 is liking swim team well enough though and has made a couple friends.

FR - tacos.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - do you plan on getting any sleep during Ragnar?  that's the part I worry about the most.

eh - if you don't end up with enough people for Ragnar, you can join team DM Smile how did you get your sports physician covered? I have to pay for physio out of pocket.

cx2 - most of the time I'm happy eating my own stuff, but sometimes I remember meals that mom makes that I haven't had for years because DH won't eat them.

ernie - I'm pretty sure maple bacon chips are a PC thing..  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I only have one more whack at 2x3K next week and then it's taper time. My mom is staying tonight, and MIL is staying from Wed-Fri, Mom is coming back on Saturday morning so I can do my LR.

mer - they make Toms for boys? last time I went shoe shopping for B, I saw they made Vibrams for toddlers, but I can't imagine wrangling toddler feet into the toe slots.

arm - I agree that "so serious" is not something you want a 6 y/o to be getting into.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 12k, supposed to be a tempo but I'm going to play that by ear as I sorta consider the race on Saturday a tempo.

TR - has some sort of stomach bug w/ diarrhea. She was tired and asked to go to bed last night by 7, seems ok this morning though.

BR - cutting her top teeth and is soooo fussy.  It's going to be a long day.  We missed out on at least one night of very bad sleeping on her part, poor gma, lucky us.

FR - have to get organized for the week today.

NRR - we had a great couple of nights away!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

zorbs - I doubt the physio is covered, but this initial consultation is (according to the woman that called me back).  I will have more details tomorrow.  There is a DM team?!?  How fun!

cx2 - yikes on the demo, fingers crossed that it goes well!  That is a great weight gain by C!!

ernie - better her peeing on the floor than in the pool, sorry that she had to announce it though!  Glad she loves swimming lessons, makes it so much more enjoyable for the parents and teachers!  Maple Bacon is a Kettle Brand chip.  DS is still asking to try them, but I know if I open them I will give him 5 and then end up eating the rest of the bag myself.  I was worried the knee was going to cost me an arm and a leg, so I was glad to hear that this appointment is covered, I think it would be like me going to my family doc but instead I see a sports doc and then they refer to other therapists...

mer - 39 weeks  -yay!!!  Can't believe there is no sub yet, you could have had that baby already!  That is ridiculous!

arm - that swim team thing would bother me too!  My 5.5 yr old can hardly swim and he is not competitive at all!   Hope the 8 goes okay!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Didn't go yesterday, started feeling like crap again in the afternoon. Hope to go today.

TR: Fed him whatever randomness he asked for last night, so his dinner was a banana, followed by pickles, cheese, and grapes.

FR: Turkey white chili and cornbread. Flat iron steak tonight probably or leftovers if I feel lazy.

NRR: DH informed me he's going elk hunting for multiple days in October, hopefully he doesn't get one because I don't know wtf I would do with an entire elk. I have steaks that someone gave me in January in my freezer that I still haven't used.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - happy birthday D!!!

RG - Have fun on crunch and run! MMM chili, I'm getting the urge for all sorts of fall food, yum.

r-eh - hope the dr has some answers, do you think it's runners knee? Mmm love holding little newborns, especially when I can hand them back to their parents and I don't have to wake up every couple hours at night Smile

zorbs - nice job on the tempo! Awesome that there are running trails right by B's class, did you like the trails, or hate them?

cx2 - sometimes an easy run/spin/elliptical helps my legs when they're stiff. Nice job on the half - I don't think you're out of shape! Remember your dr said to run a bit less to put on weight, so you've done a great job at that AND staying in shape to run a half.

ernie - I was just saying this weekend that we need to take O swimming. I've NEVER taken her... doh, it's just too much to take both girls by myself. O would love it though.

mer - ugh on the sub. I really hope they find someone good. Mmm I'm loving chocolate too, and I don't have as good of an excuse as you! Wow, 39 weeks, so exciting!!!

arm - I hope L cooperates with your run! sounds like the right choice to pull her from swimming. I don't like how serious kids sports get, well it's either that or they are anti-competitive which is also dumb.

spike - hope you feel good to run today. LOL on R's supper, sounds yummy to me! Send the elk to me!! YUM.

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- Good luck at Ragnar!

eh- better to be conservative and rest than really jack up your knee.

zorbs- way to multitask while B's music class is in session. Is 3 yo a common age to start? My only private music instruction was when my mom brought me and my sister to her bf's house (future stepdad) and introduced us to him as our new piano teacher. Her pregnancy wasn't showing yet at that time.

cx2- good job on C's weight gain! R looks like he's grown a couple inches this summer, he's looking so lanky and grown up Sad no more baby pudge.

ernie- I have a bnut squash and brussels sprouts that need to be cooked. I just feel like eating crap when I'm sick so they've been sitting there.

Mer- hope you get out of reading assessments! Good luck with the sub. Didn't you have J at like 37 weeks? Your new one is waiting for mama to get her ducks in a row before he comes Smile

armama- gymnastics can be pretty intense, too. I did it from age 3-10 and I was terrible at it. I finally convinced my mom to let me quit when I was stuck in level 4 for the 3rd year in a row and all the girls in my level were age 7-8.

CA- glad you had fun in Banff! Did you go to any hot springs? I like elk sausage and elk that I've eaten in restaurants, I'm just not very familiar with it, so it didn't turn out great last time and you have to be so careful to cut off the fat and fascia otherwise its really tough and gamey.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - we did go to the hot springs!  If you want ideas/recipes for Elk, my RP might have some, her DH hunts a lot.. ping her on FB if you want.  I love the taste of wild meat but haven't prepared it myself much.

beckykay

Selfish post for me:

RR:  track tonight

TR:  Such a big boy at the dentist.  They drilled without any numbing and he didn't flinch.

NRR:  Aunt is going to her oncologist today.  She has no idea anything about what stage her cancer is so the Dr. is going to break the news to her today.  My mother is going along too.  Other Aunt is in and out of the hospital as well.  She has cerebral palsy and can no longer swallow.  She is basically choking on her salvia and becoming super dehydrated because she can't eat or drink.  They take her to the hospital and send her home since there is nothing they can do.  Sad  We are taking a few days next week to go visit since the doc keeps saying he doesn't know how much longer she has with us.

FR:  DH is taking me to lunch.  Super yummy salad.  Black bean burgers for dinner.