Womens Running

SWEET, its the WEEKEND (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I woke up thinking I had to go to work today!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 rainy miles for me!

Pretty good run. It was about 56 degrees and raining - I thought it felt refreshing Smile This ends me at 44 for the week. My achilles and knee aren't happy. I need to focus on some stretching the next couple of days! Not feeling "back to normal" post marathon quite yet. Still reverse tapering...

No core class this morning - have to be at my hair apt at 9:30. I may stick around up North and do some shopping. I sent my outfits for these photos to my mom - ugh. Her comments were "you need something more form fitting" blah blah so now I am stressed again. I like form fitting jeans but tops, eh...I am going to run by Old Navy and see if they have anything. This is too stressful, I almost want to just cancel it!

Run4kupcakes - I am with Sandy, NEVER too early for bed.

Tessa - Ugh, that is frustrating on your work situation! Hang in there. Running long today should help!

Docket - Hope you are feeling better today!

Cathy - Thinking of you and DD!!

Happy Weekend!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, when are the pictures being taken?  Glad your runs are getting back to normal.

Ugh, too hungover to go back to yesterday to do personals.  Read everyone's though and HI!

My friend/family didn't get in until almost 11pm and I just sat drinking and waiting.  Hence, hungover.  Crap.  I guess it will be a "hair of the dog that bit you" day today.  We are going down to the Riverwalk to have some fun.

I know I haven't been posting on running or such, but thanks for always letting this lazy bum post.  With that said, I will probably not be posting much until I am back on Halloween.  There are a few days in Canada we won't have any type of internet or cell service.  (WHAT, no phone???)  We will be staying on the Tundra near Churchill on Hudson Bay.  It is a train-like setting, but high up off the Tundra so the Polar Bears can't eat us.  I guess when one of these tours first started the train thing wasn't high enough, and a bear ripped the underside of a bathroom.  Oops.

Getting super excited, spoke to the travel company and the guy said the bears are coming in and should be a good time.  There are about 30 of us.  Wheeeee.

I will still read/catch up when possible.  Be well all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Have fun Kat and hop you see lots of polar bears.

I'm so glad I went the route I did with the wedding Lizzie that sounds WAY too stressfull for me.

I've got some sore throat/congestion thing and been sick since Friday. Too wiped to do much of anything.  I don't know if I can get any miles in this weekend so will end at a whopping 10 miles for the week.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran my 7 outside last night because it was a cold 89F and 72 dewpoint.  LOL.  Had to adjust for weather as I used to do while running outside for years but nothing too bad.  Now I have some sort of rash on my waistline where the shorts fell which I hope is chafing, but hubby mentioned Herald patch which is an all body rash.  Hoping I'm right and he is not, lol.

Tessa, pretty much.  Hoping the stresses at work go down.

Liz, nice run.

Kat, hydrate a lot to get that stuff out of your system.  And ibuprofen, please.  Enjoy the tour.

Diane, hoping you are not getting sick.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ran 3 miles total to Beach Park and back and did the Boot Camp cardio training.  I am beat! Where is our cool weather?????

Lizzie--DH was really wanting engagement pics and I was not.  He still wishes we did them. Just wear something YOU feel good in!

Kat--sounds like quite the adventure!!  Have fun!

Damaris--ugh on the rash. Hope it goes away fast!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy weekend!  The 5K trail race with DD was interesting.  A friend decided that it was a good time to introduce DD to her arch nemesis, the 12 year old that is threatening to take the lead in the series.  He did it by saying to DD, "This girl is going to beat you!"  DD was really hurt and after talking to the girl, she started to cry.  We eventually smoothed things over, but it was not a good start!

DD did great though, the course was rolling hills at the beginning and some big hills in the last mile.  She had her killer sprint, like usual.  That girl should go out for some short distance track!  Ended up about 30:30 for the 5K.  We left for DD's soccer game and found out later that someone had messed with cones on the course and the fastest runners ran a 4K instead of 5K.  One of those runners was DD's nemesis.  We did the full 5K.  So because of that snafu, DD may have gained an advantage and got an extra point due to everyone running the shorter distance being moved to a 4K category.

Getting ready now for older DD's friend coming over for a sleepover.  Going to make some tea and do some stretching!  

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, wear what you want to for your pictures.  

Kat, have an awesome trip!  Take care of yourself.

Diane, I hope you feel better!

Damaris, nice run in the "cool" weather.    Hope the rash goes away!

Sue, your cool weather is here.  We had hail and snow today!

Happy Saturday!  21 miles for me, last LR until my marathon on 11/3.  Brought a baggie of trail mix plus my usual gels, and I think that worked well.  At least I didn't feel as hungry.  Will probably do that at the race too.  Left just as it was getting light, while it was gray and foggy, but the sun was shining when I finished.  Going to do chores around the house today and watch football.

Turtles, weird and awkward about how that other girl was introduced to your DD!  Why would someone do that?  They're just kids, don't make it a big competitive thing for them.  Sounds like she did great.

CrazySue, great workout with both running and boot camp.

Damaris, ugh on the rash.  If it's where the waistband was, seems like it's not a whole body thing.  Could it be chafing?

DHuff, if you're feeling under the weather, best that you rest and don't worry about mileage.

Kat, I so excited for you to see polar bears!  Hope all goes well with your travels (and your mom).

Lizzie, I agree with CrazySue on wearing an outfit that YOU like.  Your mom can wear whatever she likes in her photos.  Why does she think it should be form fitting?  It's not like it's a pic for a dating site!

Tessa, glad that you checked in.  I figured you were buried in work.

Off for more coffee... enjoy the day!

MTA: I wanted to ask if anyone thinks it's helpful to for me maintain the race calendar threat that's stickied at the top of the forum?  If so, I'll continue to update it.  But if people think it's easier to put their races in their signature lines, and not use the calendar, I'm fine with that too.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Happy Saturday!  21 miles for me, last LR until my marathon on 11/3.  Brought a baggie of trail mix plus my usual gels, and I think that worked well.  At least I didn't feel as hungry.  Will probably do that at the race too.  Left just as it was getting light, while it was gray and foggy, but the sun was shining when I finished.  Going to do chores around the house today and watch football.

Turtles, weird and awkward about how that other girl was introduced to your DD!  Why would someone do that?  They're just kids, don't make it a big competitive thing for them.  Sounds like she did great.

CrazySue, great workout with both running and boot camp.

Damaris, ugh on the rash.  If it's where the waistband was, seems like it's not a whole body thing.  Could it be chafing?

DHuff, if you're feeling under the weather, best that you rest and don't worry about mileage.

Kat, I so excited for you to see polar bears!  Hope all goes well with your travels (and your mom).

Lizzie, I agree with CrazySue on wearing an outfit that YOU like.  Your mom can wear whatever she likes in her photos.  Why does she think it should be form fitting?  It's not like it's a pic for a dating site!

Tessa, glad that you checked in.  I figured you were buried in work.

Off for more coffee... enjoy the day!

MTA: I wanted to ask if anyone thinks it's helpful to for me maintain the race calendar threat that's stickied at the top of the forum?  If so, I'll continue to update it.  But if people think it's easier to put their races in their signature lines, and not use the calendar, I'm fine with that too.

That's what I am hoping for, especially since I have very sensitive skin, it has happened before but not this big (especially while wearing jeans), and it could just be allergy or chafing.  But I googled what husband thought it might be and it looks similar.  I guess time will tell.

Nice run!  I am willing to update as well, but the person updating will need to create the thread, though.  Although another solution could be that whoever posts their races in the comments should copy the first post with all the races and add theirs to it.  That way, you'll only need to copy paste the latest one. That's what one of my women's group does.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

How did it get to be Saturday afternoon already??? Yesterday's thread just kinda exploded and I never made it back to comment, so I'll do what I can remember here. But first, me.

Group ran 11 this morning. We went a different way at the start to avoid a dirt section we take over to the paved trail that has gotten really muddy since it has been such a wet fall, then we ran a new section that involved some turns. Nobody got lost! After the run, I had a physical therapist in to talk about common running injuries and how something hurting could actually be caused by something else (like, you guessed it, hips or glutes) and then he set up his table and answered questions and evaluated pains and problem areas for anyone interested. I think 5-6 out of the about 15 people took advantage of that. We're three weeks out from the first goal race. When they sign up they choose to train for this November half marathon or the full or half at Houston in January. I assumed several of the November half people would race and be done, but while we were standing around talking they were asking if they could keep running with us after the half! I was so so so happy to hear that. I hope I didn't scare them off with the overenthusiastic yes I gave them. Not much else going on around here. My legs are tired. Sitting at 63.5 miles for the week and planning on at least 7 tomorrow to get to 70. Also trying to figure out what sort of puppy socialization to do tomorrow and make DH do with me.

Sandy, silly girl, you are welcome to come down here and visit ANYTIME. Would love to have you as my guest. When the cold gets unbearable in the winter, the pool, hot tub and puppy will be waiting (although we don't normally heat the pool, so it might be a bit.....refreshing). Hope you're enjoying the trail marathon spectating! Tell Diana we all said hi.

Damaris, I don't think I can add anything to what everyone else has already said about your work issue. I have faith that you will handle things well. Better than your former mentor, that's for sure!

Kathryn, so excited for you and your trip! Take bazillions of pictures, mmmkay? Glad your friend/family made it okay and hope you're hydrated and feeling better this afternoon.

Tessa, good to see you. You sound really really busy. I hope you get some relief once the acquisition goes through. In the meantime, run when you can. No worries on the Brazos time limit at least.

Liz, your mom. I don't know what to say. I get that our moms only want what's best for us, and they've been trying to do that since birth, but at some point she needs to remember that you're a grown ass woman now and can make your own decisions. I don't think moms realize that a simple comment by them can have such a huge impact on their daughters. So I think she means well, but it's just not helping. Wear what you want and ignore her "help." Now get on that stretching and rolling!

Diane, the best thing you can do right now is rest. You've been putting in some good mileage, and still have time for more, so take time to take care of yourself now.

Susan, are we keeping all the cool weather over here? Sorry about that, you can have some. We were in the upper 60s this morning but have been in the 50s and 60s in the mornings all week. And 50s (highs in the 70s) all next week too. Nice run and workout this morning.

Cathy, congrats to DD, sounds like she did a great job in the race. Weird way to set her and the other girl up though, don't understand why someone would do that to kids that age.

Gatsby, sweet long run. Seems like your training has gone pretty well this time around, looking forward to seeing how you do in the race. Race calendar - I love the idea of it, but I think we all kinda suck at referring to it and adding our races. I know I tend to forget about it. Pinned posts don't seem to work very well for me, I guess.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ffs. I just typed a long shout out to everyone as well as my morning fiasco but lost it  damn phone

So to paraphrase. ...I only ran 5 miles of my 10.  Watching the freep tomorrow as hubby is racing the hm. Congratulations and kudos to all and hoping Diane feels better

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizzie-nice on the running and I'm sure that you look lovely in the outfits you picked out.

Kat-so exciting that you are going to the tundra!!! Have fun tonight!!

Diane-feel better soon!

Damaris-cold and 89 don't align. Good idea on the race calendar!

Sue-woohoo on your run/workout today! tough one!!

Cathy-can't imagine how that person thought the intro to other runner was a good plan. Nice job to dd on her run though!

Margaret-Woot on the 21!

Karen-that is great that they want to keep coming! Nice mileage for you!

Lori-hope we can meet up but I'm thinking we might not. With my drop off and pick up schedule encompassing the marathon start at 7am and the American half start at 10:30am. It's going to be a chilly one!

Had a fun day today with Shannon coming in last night from Chicago. We got out for 6.5 miles on the trails in Hell then down to packet pickup. Lots of time at booths but not really shopping for me. Did see the rep for Glass City and told him about us doing the race as a bachelorette party. He thought that was great fun! Told me to make sure that we mention it on social media so that they can be sure to announce it. Then some good Lebanese food in Dearborn and now just relaxing. Is super weird to go to Detroit Marathon packet pickup and leave empty handed but I can't afford them all. Kind of bummed too that I'm not going to get a run in tomorrow with cheering others on. Supposed to be 32-33 at start of race and go up to 40 by the time they finish. Partly sunny so good running weather. Oh well. Next weekend I will run a lot.

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

I went to bed at 9:30, that was after falling asleep on the couch at 8. It's become very obvious that we keep the house way too warm in the summer. I have slept so much better this past week when it is in the upper 60s in our room, not the 75 we were keeping it all summer. 9 miles this afternoon, jogged to the high school track, did 3 sets of 4 x 400 with 1 minute rests and 3 minutes between sets. Rough workout. I've been congested from the rapid weather change.

Lizzie, wear what you are comfortable in for the pictures--if you aren't, I imagine the pictures will reflect that.

KatS, enjoy your trip! Hope you see lots of polar bears.

DHuffman, hope you feel better.

Docket, if it's just the waistband, my vote would be chafing. Do you bring a phone or waist belt when you run outside that you normally don't deal with on the treadmill?

CrazySue, I'd be happy to send some of our coolness. It was not a gradual shift. 80 on day, 60 the next. And we had frost yesterday.

Turtles, what was he thinking with that introduction? Congrats to DD on the race.

GatsbyBird, nice 21!

AnonymousGuest, that's great that the runners are sticking around.

BerthaSlayer, hope tomorrow is a good day for spectating! Good luck to your DH.

MyMomRuns, nice run in Hell.

Docket_Rocket

Nope.  I don't carry stuff on my waist at all.  Hubby said it's symmetrical in location and that chafing could be it.  The other stuff is not known what caused it nor there is a cure. It just goes away on its own after 4-6 weeks.  Yikes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page