Womens Running

Too Cold Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Doc found allergy problems so I have a new nasal spray. I'm better this morning and the new drug seems promising. Antihistimine knocked me out last night big time. Maybe half a pill tonight? Big grin

Track run 60 minutes, then cardio at home for 35.

Track run today. Cardio after.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Too cold & too snowy....geesh!

Judy - Glad the allergy meds are working for you!

Swim class last night.  Not sure how many yards we swam,  I just know it was many, many laps Big grin   She videotaped us and then showed us what we were doing wrong.  That was informative - I am learning I don't use my left arm/side of the body much.  Interesting.

KarenAG - Did you watch the finale on BL!!!  My DH DVR'd it so I watched when I came home...OMG...what transformations, not just their weight, but their personalities...amazing!

Tessa - Yes, swim class = Triathlons.  I usually do 4 a summer.  Hoping to do a longer length and do better then the last time (as in not bonking).

Off to work

Carol

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!

Yesterday was SRD.  Today, I hope to run 2 miles on the TM and do some core work.  I'm psyched to go back to the gym and knock out some more pushups!!  My first 5K of the season is in 10 days.  So, I have to start setting my sites toward that.

My little running group is supposed to start on Monday.  But the weather up here just doesn't seem to want to break.  I'm not sure I'm going to get new runners outside the snow showers and 35 degrees that is forecast for that day.  Heck, I'm not sure I would get ME outside at that temperature.   I suppose since this will be the first week of C25K, running 60 seconds at a clip, I could just bundle up to the max.  I probably won't sweat much.

I am supposed to be going to conference in Albany, NY today.  With this  #%@%$! winter storm, that's not gonna happen.  SPRING!!  we're waiting!

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

LC Runs

Good Morning!

6 TM miles for me.  Ugh, we can not catch a break with this weather, snowy and cold all week it looks like.  Sigh.

Judy - glad the new med seems to be helping!

Carol - nice swimming. I really need to get back into that.

Julie - hope you have a good workout.  Sorry about the trip cancellation (not that you want to travel in this mess).

Speaking of running groups, a friend of mine has started one in our town, they are planning on meeting Sunday afternoons.  Actually, had their first run on St Pats Day, but I was out of town.  I hope this lasts.  The gal that sought me out to run 'every Saturday' has cancelled every week since our first week so that's not gonna work.

camille2

Good morning!  I'm in Boone NC and will ck out the farm where DD is getting married today. It's in the middle of nowhere, but her friends will be able to stay there.  I'm cking out the hotels here and Johnson City, TN for the folks who won't overindulge and can drive after the reception.  : )  Either place is about 40 miles, but the farm is reportedly beautiful. there was freezing rain on the trees as I crossed over theBlue Ridge Parkway late yesterday, but road was OK. I'm waiting a bit this am since I don't know if there are passes and there is no cell service near the farm.

Judy, I'm glad you may have help for the allergies.

Carol, way to go on swimming laps!  Nice that you were able to see the video. Did I say congrats on your race!

Laura, congrats on your race, speedy! Nice to get a pr.  Wink

Linda, major bummer on your leak.  To have to move to a hotel makes it sound like an awful one.  Hope things get back to normal soon.

Demaris, congrats on finishing LA.  I didn't see a RR-did I miss it?

Tessa, 5 star is impressive enough!    I looked thru the criteria again and just can't imagine.  Being in NE with small states would make it easier, I guess.

Julie, I'm impressed with your pushups!  Good luck with the running group...crappy weather does make it hard to start.

Carolyn, how is your running going?

Marjorie, it's great that you were able to run that far without stopping.  I hope your dad's lady friend is very nice.  On the low/no sugar subs, keep in mind that some "sugar free" foods just use other sweetners that have carbs.  I had a diabetic who kept bags of "sugar free" candy...it was nearly as bad/some as bad as regular candy for carbs.  Could never convince her though. : )   I imagine a bakery would have more options than candy companies.  Nice for you to send a celebration basket to them!

Ginny, I hope you are feeling better today!

Lisa, you asked something I meant to respond to, but can't remember now...feel free to ask again.

I need to go get in a 3 miler... on the TM, I guess.

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

I did my WT this morning...felt good.  Next is a run, maybe tomorrow, but snow predicted and I really hate to go to that darn TM, we'll see.

Lisa....when and where might I join you and Marjorie?  I must have missed a post, but wherever and whenever, I would love to!

Judy...glad the new meds are helping.

Carol...our cable went off last night and I didn't see the end of BL.  This is the first year I have paid any attention to it,  Who won?

Julie...I am with you on this #$%! weather!!  How come winter is always on time, Spring, not so much???

Getting my stitches out this morning and then back to work.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  I slept so well last night I did not want to get up this morning.  First night in weeks I didn't wake up coughing.  Ran 6 miles this morning.  More like a slog, but I was out there.

Last night I got the bedroom painted.  I am hoping one coat will do the trick.  Will look at it this afternoon in better light.  Went from aqua to light taupe--will be much better for a sewing room.    Ugh.  EEO training all afternoon.  Blech.  Wish I could take my knitting.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I'm alive and back at work (yay at the first, boo at the second).  The amount of work I have for today is making me wish I had taken more days off, LOL.  Hoping for a short recovery run tonight.  I slept one-two hours last night, between the kitties needing love all night and the time change between LA and Miami.  Bah.

Thanks for all the support and stalking.  It was a tough marathon from the first step.  It was hillier than I expected, I didn't hydrate well or something, but since I started I was sluggish.  It was good since I had tons of fun on the course with my green socks that say BEER.  I loved the experience!

judyruns, which nasal spray did he give you?  My allergies got better with Nasonex but I still needed allergy shots to improve my symptoms.

Carol, hope the snow goes away soon.  Have a nice day at work.

Julie, enjoy your 2 tonight.  Go get those pushups.

LC Runs, enjoy your 6.  Hope the group stays too.

camille2, hope the visit to the farm brings a good result.  I posted a simple RR yesterday while at the airport.  Here is the link:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/c96b59156a06443280dd23189fc4b190/0

I am waiting for the official pictures to post some more, LOL.

Ginny, hope the weather lets you run outside later.

Sue, glad you didn't wake up coughing.  Feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Today's schedule calls for 4 x 1.5 miles at approx. HM pace with 800 recoveries. Total run will be about 11 miles. I'm already looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Supposed to be in the upper 50s and sunny by this afternoon, so told my boss I'm planning on leaving an hour or so early because I just need to get out of here and go run. He may be dumb as rocks, but he's very nice and has no problem with me doing things like that.

Judy, hope you get the allergy problems worked out.

Carol, I did see BL last night. Loved it - Danni has been my favorite for some time and I thought she looked the best of all of them. She looked strong and toned, just amazing. They all looked good.

Julie, I am so done with winter, I can't even imagine living farther north. Spring is coming though. This week! Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I remember growing up in Illinois and having snow on the ground when we took pictures in our Easter dresses sometimes, so I know it can happen, but it's just gonna get better.

Laura, I hope the running group works out! My running group is based in Annapolis, and even though it has members all over the area, all their group runs are 1/2 hour away at least for me. So I usually run alone.

camille, what a beautiful area for a wedding. I think Cindy's in-laws live in or near Boone in a farmhouse. She would probably be a good resource if you had any questions on the area.

Ginny, yay on getting the stitches out. Hope recovery continues, weather improves and you are able to get out running. I ran on the TM last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and it was not fun nor easy. I need better weather!

Sue, hooray for a good night's sleep!

Damaris, tons of fun is good! When you run a lot of marathons, they can't all be fast. Now that I'm trying to get all 50 states by the time I'm 50, I have to remind myself of that a lot. I'm training hard for New Jersey, and just have to remember that all the ones after that are for tons of fun.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Registered for Hatfield/McCoy!!!  2nd Half!    Yay!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.7 for me  Some at marathon pace  HOA meeting last night wore me out especially when one guy got up and started screaming at me.  I mean yelling and turning red.  Put that with another board member treating me like a child I did not have a good night.

Lisa unsure if I'll be there all weekend or not.  We are working on it now because of dh's schedule and having to probably drive back to take all the stuff I'm taking out of that house  We will stay longer if I can just have it all shipped back to SC.  we will see.

Ginny that will be so cool if we can all run together.

Carol /Karen /Ginny I saw the finale for BL.  The only thing is they are so rushed at the end.  It was obvious who was going to win.  Wow she looked so great.

Camille oh I know.  We are careful on the substitutes.  He has gotten much better with monitoring his blood sugar levels and finally went to an educational class after all these years to get a better handle on what he is eating and when etc.  He has lost about 40 lbs and is at a normal weight now.  Julie for new runners 35 would be a really hard temp.

Judy oh hope the new med helps.

hey Laura and Damaris

Marjorie

35 sounds down right balmy.  Really hating winter. and pretty sure that the crummy weather here in MI will be traveling East to NYC for my half on Saturday.

Watched BL too last night and they did look great.  Danni seemed to "get it" sooner than the rest so I always liked her.  Glad she got the prize she had her eye on.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, was just looking at the weather and we're 50 and sunny Saturday, no rain or snow at all predicted between now and the middle of next week. Your half might be pretty nice.

Also, I may be getting antsy from training and not racing and just signed up for a 5K on Sunday. I know I've got way too many races scheduled for April so was trying to at least be good for March. Odds I'll be good and not all out race it? Pretty slim, if I know myself at all.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Anonymous, you're are very right.  I had to remind myself of that during the race with, this one is for fun, so have fun!

Ginny, nice!  You'll get to meet Marjorie!

Lisa, I even forgot who Danii was.  Need to catch up on my episodes.

Marjorie, that HOA sounds like hell.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page