Womens Running

Weekend dailies <3 (Read 16 times)

Kilmisters

Another lazy day! But it's really nice weather outside so I should get my butt out before it gets dark.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Good morning/afternoon/evening!  I got my booster shot after work yesterday. Hoping to avoid side effects, so far nothing more than usual problems sleeping. 

Helping for a few hours at a trail race today.  Earning race credit for some freebies in the future. 

Kilmisters, did you go for a run?  

I’ll BBL. I need to shower and leave for the race.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 10 miles. Yesterday I cut my run short because my energy level and breathing were low, but we'll see today.

Elina, go!

Margaret, which one did you get? I've heard of side effects on everybody so far. I am getting my booster three days after my race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ccoakley

Kilmisters, hope you're out enjoying the weather!

Gatsby, yay on the booster!!!  Have fun at the trail race

Damaris, hope your 10 go well.  Are you north enough to see the northern lights tonight?

Sandy, Cathy, LC runs, anyone else in the upper midwest I'm forgetting will any of you try to see the lights?  It sounds incredibly cool, I'm super jealous.

Showering when not sweaty does not feel like a real shower.  I guess without sweat clearing out my pores I don't feel clean, just like I got wet and then dry.  But we're going to a kid's birthday party today and wearing pants with an actual waistband felt wrong without showering.  The weather should be gorgeous for hanging out in a backyard watching kids run around like maniacs. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Kilmisters

Had 12.5km or 1h40min planned, depending on how I feel late in the run. Ended up running 12.5km as my legs were tired and 1h40min would be another mile or so. The run could be split in three parts:

- First 5kms where I (checking the splits afterwards) learned that I absolute SUCK at pacing when it's light outside! The speed perception is totally different from evening/night runs and I thought I am going slow as balls, even tho, given the strong headwind, I was really too fast and that was the reason I struggled to keep HR down, not anything else.

- At 5km mark my friend called and asked if we can run few kms together, at that point I was like ''ah, screw it, this run sucks anyway'' and said yes, because I had just literally ran past her house and she had just been in 10 day quarantine after testing positive for Covid (but has had 2 negative tests since). So, we chatted for 4kms or so and she got her first run since quarantine, which is nice.

- Last 3.5kms were just me thinking what went wrong at first 5kms and trying to keep HR low again, after all the chatting.

Lesson learned. Perhaps I just need another Garmin screen (with lap pace/avg pace) next time I run during daylight, even tho I usually really try not to worry about pace / put any related screens on easy runs.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

CC, I doubt I can see them since it's super cloudy and no relief from the rain. And not sure if we are part of the area either (googling now). Enjoy the party and wearing pants, lol.

Elina, I sometimes have runs like that. Like yesterday; many emails, texts I had to check, then the run sucked, then I was 2 miles from the house, etc.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Dreary looking day today. Was drizzly when I went for my run so I wore a light jacket to keep off the rain. Big mistake. Overheated. But it was a good run otherwise. 10k.

Tomorrow I'm aiming for 15.

Next weekend is my virtual Monumental marathon. Apparently I've been tapering for two years. Because I've not run more than 10 (although I've walked 16 a couple months ago) in that time. Hubby thinks I'm stupid. I am. I'm going to try something different during it. Stay tuned

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Waiting mostly patiently for DH to get done with his bike ride so I can go run for a few hours. This parks seems like it could be really good, but apparently it got flooded in 2015 and is still undergoing repairs and having issues. Will get a report from DH on the trails when he's back. I have 13 on the schedule, but will just go for 2ish hours and see how far that gets me. Lots of it will be on single track, so far less than 13 I'm sure. I almost always go running first when we're traveling and I always worry about how long I'm gone and that he's going to get stuck in the heat of the day. It's supposed to be really nice all day (high of 70, and on trails that won't seem bad) so told him he could go first this time. He is so directionally challenged I hope he doesn't get lost too much and I have time to run when he eventually makes it back!

Oh look, he just pulled up! I better change clothes and get running.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Next weekend is my virtual Monumental marathon. Apparently I've been tapering for two years. Because I've not run more than 10 (although I've walked 16 a couple months ago) in that time. Hubby thinks I'm stupid. I am. I'm going to try something different during it. Stay tuned

You have my attention (:

Docket_Rocket

You have my attention (:

Mine too.

Karen, have fun!

Lori, I'll think of you during the marathon!

I think I'm going to take an RD. My butt/hip area is sore from all the PT and massaging (and Monday I'll have another session).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 2 x 200. All sucked. Nothing new there. I skipped the 5k I was signed up for today. Now doing a bunch of laundry.

Kilmisters, when I've run after dark, my pace is almost always slower. Not sure if you naturally slow when it;s dark as a safety thing?

GatbsyBird, enjoy the trail event--do you get a free race in the future for helping?

Docket, my co-worker got a Pfizer booster last week and had no noticecable side effect.

ccoakely, a shower like that feels like what I would do before going into the office. Which I really don't want to think about on the weekend.

BerthaSlayer, so you;re just gonna leave us all in suspense?

AnonymousGuest, if I had to exercise in the heat of the day, I would much rather it be on a bike than running.

Anonymous Guest

10 miles. Nice trails, some tree roots, some kinda poor footing, but overall quite runnable. Now just hanging out - a little bit ago some random people just wandered through our campsite……dogs let them know that was totally not cool.

oh, we went by the house on our way out of town and it is so so close. We may actually be able to close next week.

cc, I’ll take showering without sweating first over cleaning up with a wet paper towel and hand soap, which is what I did after my run. Since we aren’t cold weather campers in general, we use the shower part of the van for storage and shower outdoors. But I’m not doing that on a chilly day, especially when randos just wander through (I guess there’s a hiking trail back there and they somehow got off trail, at least I hope so).

Elina, glad you got the run in. I tend to be slower in the dark at what seems to be the same effort.

Margaret, enjoy the day hanging out and helping on the trails.

Damaris, glad I have some cell service and was able to get your messages this morning. Enjoy your rest day.

Lori, something different, do tell……..

HCK, sorry your running is still sluggish and crappy. I hope you get it figured out and fixed soon. Yeah, we should have stuck with our normal routine- DH was complaining about the cold and it was okay when I ran, but colder would have been nice. Mostly we heard it was a popular and busy mtb trail and he knew he’d be slow since it was new to him, so he wanted to get done before the crowds.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

I had a really good 5 miler this morning, ran it as a progression run - I was listening to a running podcast during which kind of upped the mojo.

Spent the afternoon at DS soccer game - last one.  They lost in the Regional semi final 1-0.  DS came out of the locker room crying but I think it has more to do with it being the end of his HS soccer career.  Poor kid is still kind of mopey.  I did make 'breakfast for dinner' per his request so that seemed to be semi hit, at least LOL

Elina - sorry it wasn't the best run but glad you were able to meet up with a friend!

Margaret - crossing fingers for no major side effects.  I want the 3rd shot but here I can't get it yet..may need to do some research on where I can sign up, even if it means traveling.

Damaris - RD sounds like a good plan with your pain issue, hopefully that will resolve soon!

CC- hope you had a great day!

Lori - gloomy here most of the day, too.  The sun came out late afternoon and now it's really pretty. Nice run and you're not stupid (hubby's are more stupider) - you will do great with your virtual race!

Karen- hope you had a great run!  The podcast I was listening to talked about running a time instead of distance for your long run (2 hours was the example)!  **cross posted**  nice 10 and that's funny about the 'intruders' and the dogs!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Basically I'm going to need to walk 3/4 of my race. No bueno. Yuck.  So to make it interesting and more fun I'm going to try to "write" something along my route. I will try to post a photo from my strava (or have one of you tech savvy ladies do it for me). I'm thinking of something race specific. I need to figure out the details and logistics before Saturday.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kilmisters

Halloween today, huh? Our kiddos will have approx 2.5hrs (from it getting dark to curfew) time Smile

Turns out my ex-colleague and great friend is travelling to Tallinn (work conference) Nov10-Nov13, so we'll meet for lunch on Nov12. Sheesh, what a time to be alive - Latvians have to meet abroad to actually legally sit down and chat.

Lori, that's a great idea, can't wait to see the actual execution Smile

5-6km max planned today as I have only 1.2km till weekly mileage goal and not sure whether legs will feel heavy again. Had a protein shake yesterday and decent amount of sleep (the daylight saving thing gave 1hr extra!), maybe that will help. It's once again a beautiful day outside, so have to get the run in till 5pm. Next week it's going to be raining non-stop :/

Edit: this is what I was reffering to re: speed perception yesterday