Womens Running

Timely Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Not a fan of the Spring forward, even days later.  Nice to have sun in evening but feels fake.

Tessa-I'm sorry!!! With travel I forgot to act on your emails...yes to anything and everything.  I'll purchase my ticket later today for the faire... as long as there is red wine involved.. I would think so.  Need to check that out.  No beer for me at this point if possible.  Run buddy up in air on Leona.  Hotel on top of travel part of it.. darn cat allergies on her part!

Karen-can't believe your move is here.. that must mean spring!! (because it IS all about me, not you.  LOL)

Ginny-get better soon!

Cindy-I am no NYC expert.. I just walk around midtown and run to Central Park.  I really don't feel unsafe but then again I'm in room working and then to sleep around 8pm.  I do love going there.  Odd-love the woods and love NYC.

11 butt kicking melting snow trail miles on Sunday.  As hard pack snow melts the consistency becomes like wet packed sand.. as it dries.  Where sometimes it holds, other times it shifts under foot.  Good strength and ankle stabilizer work out for sure.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, I'm not a fan of the spring forward either. Getting enough sleep is a bear during this time.

Tessa, thanks so much for the link! That may be the way for me to go.

Ginny, I am sorry about the attack of the stomach bug. It is traveling around work down here as well. Start was in children’s. Not surprised.

Group, let me know if we switch and where to go.

Monday I got in a 40 minute track run. Some speed work fit in just fine even though I was somewhat tired from the time change. A running buddy joined me and we caught up with the news. Then 2 other guys joined and were giving me car advice. One offered a supply of phone books to boost me up.

Today I’ll do a long cardio workout. Tomorrow will be the track.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I propose this:  next week on Monday I'll start a thread on RWOL womens forum and just make it a daily and see what kind of interest we get.  I'll post a link here and we can try over there and see how it goes.We can try it for a week and see if we like it or jump back over here.  Ads over there suck too so pop up blockers will be important.  We shall see.

Marjorie

Morning!  I am a little more "with it" today.  Five miles on the tm with intervals.  OMG my office is working on the A/C again.  Chiller is off, only blows air.  It is in the mid 60s outside, and I just ran and am still sweating.  Thank goodness I wore a tank top and cardigan with slacks today.  I am toasting.  ;(

Veggies!  Carol, my BF is a meat and potatoes guy that does not like veggies.  We have a friendly argument going about that.  I thought he would freak out when I brought home beets one time.  He went to Florida for a meeting yesterday.  I made a quiche w asparagus, spinach and tomatoes.  It was yummy!!

Judy--group runs are fun

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My run last night sucked because the heat and humidity turned my lungs inside out, bah.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  Still coughing from last night's run.

Lisa, nice job on the 11.

Judy, nice track workout.

Marjorie, morning.

Sue, nice job on the TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I already have the faire tickets -- they were doing a twofer for returning faire visitors. How about the Food Forward wine & cheese that evening? I'll buy, again there is a two-for-one for volunteers. *grin* Also are you interested in the pub crawl? Not sure it is advisable for us to go on a pub crawl -- five drinks each -- at the faire and then go to the FF fundraiser, our livers may be whimpering a bit by the end. Yes they have red wine. And cider. I loves me some cider. Bummer about Katie's allergies -- she might want to contact the RD and ask if anyone might have a room. I would suggest RN since she also has cat allergies but she will be the other side of the continent that weekend, she is doing Boston again.

Karen, it is really happening indeed! Good luck with the meetings and the packing. Shorts? Already? I thought it was still frozen tundra in your area.

Judy, do they even MAKE phone books any more? So many people have unlisted numbers or just cell phons that I'd have thought phone books would not be worth printing or too skinny to be of much use.

Marjorie, sounds like a plan. Should we plan on duplicating entries here and there?

Susan/crazysue, sounds like you need to do sneak loaf like I did when the kids were little -- puree the veggies in the food processor and add them to recipes. Meat loaf had zucchini or broccoli or carrots (or all three) in it. So did spaghetti sauce. There were a few times I kind of overdid it and got a suspicious "why is the meat loaf GREEN?" query.  Mmm, that quiche sounds good.

Damaris, heat is OK but humidity is a soul sucker.

4 this morning with RN. I woke up less than 10 minutes before we were supposed to be out there, shot out of bed and scrambled to get ready. Glad we did. I have a meeting at lunch and class this evening.

So far, though, I have received 4 emails from people who were at the weekend review class telling me they passed the exam. Whoopee! One woman had failed it four times previously, one guy took it twice in 1999 and after failing for the second time never dared to try again. Both of them passed.

Tessa-I defer to you on the evening events.  I can go with the flow (especially flowing wine) but do agree it may be a bit much. With a drive.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 3.1 intervals. 1x800, 1x 1600, 4x800 and cool down.  Wanted another mile interval but had chatty neighbors so they took a bunch of my time that I'd have needed to do the other 1 mile repeat.   did an hour of Pilates too.

Just finished work.  Sigh coworker that was SUPPOSED to do 2 of the other modules hadn't touched them.  The team has to have them all reviewed by Monday the 16th.  4 of them were done that I spend all that time on last week.  She had 2 to do and hasn't even tried to start them.  Excuses.  I hate that.  I will not have us missing a deadline.  I asked her yesterday the ETA on her modules and if she needed help.  i ended up the last 5 hours doing the modules.  Just as well.  Based on what she had produced with edits on the 2 we had done together, she would have butchered these.  Hate to say it but true.  So the 6 modules are done.  There is one to be developed yet but the 6 that need to be done are done.  Our team reviews by Monday then a few that we used as content experts review next week to make sure we didn't mess up something then recorded and sent out for the whole company to train on.  It has to be recorded by the end of the month.  If she hadn't gotten hers done I'd have been PO'd.  She has lead on this project but I've done 90% of it.  Not amused.

Sue you seem to have tons of AC issues in that office!

D we are having a bunch of humidity here too.  But I won't complain.  I'd rather have that then cold.  I will not complain about running in heat

Tessa I don't think we need to duplicate.  I'll put a thread here that says where we are with a link so it is accessible and we can always find ti or returning people will know where to go.  then if we need to return we will.  Doesn't hurt to try back over there so we don't dwindle down too far.

Marjorie