Womens Running

Bostonian Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Go Karen!!

Ugh.. just received alert that my 8am flight to Chicago has been cancelled (WTF?!) moved to a noon flight. Sort of works but sort of a pain since DH has to drive me and this makes it more difficult.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sorry about the flight, Lisa.

Go Karen.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Happy screech) I went out onto the trail Sunday at dawn and found Sunday Buddy. This is the 18th year we have just gone out and found one another. I think this year he will be doing more walking than running, but we still plan to meet each week. We fast walked 4 miles. After he left to get breakfast, I drove down and ran 25 minutes in the park. Things are just starting to get green up here.

Today I plan a track run at the gym.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I found the tracking page for Boston here, but I am so inept that I can't add Karen to the "My Runners" list. Does anyone know what to do once you have her name in the search box?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

camille2

Lisa, bummer on the flight.  Have a good trip!

Judy, it's so neat that you found your buddy!

I did about 6 miles yesterday on a nice paved trail here-longest since Thanksgiving.  It was very nice with lots of birds, including a couple different woodpeckers.

I'm driving back to my mom's today, then leave for Kentucky tomorrow for 3 days.  Plan this week with  goal another 6 miler and at least 16 for week: (may need to switch days)  M-walk/r 2, T-run 4, w-off Th r-3 Fri-w/r 2-3  Sat or sun 6

ginnyb

Lisa...sorry about the flight cancellation.

Amy.....not sure how to sign up to track Karen, I am just going to get text messages on her progress, all I needed was her bib # which is 18150, don't know if that will help you.

Had a great 5:52 run yesterday morning.  My pace is definitely improving, still not where I wish it were, but on par with last year now anyway.

So exciting about Karen!  Is it televised anywhere?  Guess I will just have to search.

Morning all...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

SugarLand

Good Luck Karen - have a wonderful day

Amy - select the green plus sign will add it to "my runners" I am tracking 10 running buddies from the club I belong to

I had a nice relaxing holiday weekend - rested alot felt like I was trying to have a relapse of my bronchitis from a couple of weeks ago -

did work on one of my flower beds yesterday  and enjoyed the pool

Safe travels Lisa

Hi to everyone

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good Luck Karen - have a wonderful day

Amy - select the green plus sign will add it to "my runners" I am tracking 10 running buddies from the club I belong to

I had a nice relaxing holiday weekend - rested alot felt like I was trying to have a relapse of my bronchitis from a couple of weeks ago -

did work on one of my flower beds yesterday  and enjoyed the pool

Safe travels Lisa

Hi to everyone

Even after I click the green '+' the "My Runners" box says "You don't have any runners selected." Either I am missing a step in there or the website is overwhelmed this morning. I should have done this a few days ago.

runlikeagirl18

Amy - to the right of the search area is a menu with four options. Try clicking on "Tracking" and see if the map comes up. I've been able to add my runners.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Sorry I've been such a bad forumite - it's been really busy. My parents were here for a visit last week, and it was so nice to see them.

I raced this weekend - it's a 5K that we do every year that raises money for neuroblastoma research and to support families that have received that diagnosis. We did it as a family even though the weather was wretched - 46 degrees and raining. I was so proud of the boys - they did it without complaining. I ran a 25:15, which was good enough for 2nd in my AG. Slow field, though - I'm sure lots of folks stayed home.

Lisa - bummer on the cancelled flight. That's such a PITA.

Judy - glad you met up with your buddy again!

Ginny - so glad to hear that you're having some good runs! This was a really tough winter.

Amy - it's looking like good weather for the race on Saturday! I know you'll be hanging with your son, and I'm coming with some girlfriends, but I'd love to catch up. What are you targeting for a time?

Camille - sounds like you had a nice time in CH this weekend.

Karen just showed up on my tracker! She's through 5K in 26:04. Go Karen go!!

Off to get some work done while I geek out with all my marathon watching. Have a great day-

Cindy

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.5. I've declared this to be a cut back week

dad and wife left this am. Doggies are glad to have their house back to normal.

Go Karen!

Cindy we understand busy. Just be here when you can.

Marjorie

Hi!  Group Power class and swam this morning.  whew!

Lisa--sorry about the flight cancellation--at least you found out BEFORE you went to the airport.

Busy weekend--rode 18 miles in the park with the gals Saturday with a 1 mile trot afterwards.  Yesterday did 6x 600s with running buddies.  Lots of dog walking.

Buddy surprised me this morning by yakking up TWO injinji running socks.  I didn't even know he had snatched them.  funny--this morning I was wondering why I couldn't find socks since I just did laundry.....Buddy????  The other white sock and bra strap are still MIA.

Date night was really nice. 

Have a great day!

runlikeagirl18

Meb wins! First American since 1983! And Shalane Flanagan was 7th with a personal best and an American record.

Cindy

runlikeagirl18

Karen is through the half in 1:52:43. Her splits look pretty consistent.

Cindy

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Karen just crossed the finish line in 3:57:56!

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay Karen! RN passed her at 27 km, finished and PRd. They both did well!

Susan, hope the missing items of clothing show up. He yakked up two matching socks? Ugh. Glad date night went well...

Lisa, bummer on the moved flight. At least they didn't move it earlier and then tell you when you didn't have time to make it to the airport.

Cindy, sounds as if you have been busy!

Marjorie, cutback week is a good idea.

Camille, nice weekend run! Ginny, nice run also.

Vicki, gardening is nice at this time of year. What are you planting?

Hi amy!

Weekend is over, thank goodness. My core is sore from singing! 12.6 on Saturday morning, 3 yesterday afternoon, 4 this morning. Now I'm going to run on the TM and dream.