Womens Running

Summer starts Weekend (over 40) (Read 14 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

and off we go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2 now puppy pool.

Need to do some yard work since I was gone last weekend.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good luck on the house Karen. Hope it works out and looks good when you go there.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Offer papers signed. Our realtor has let the seller's realtor know he's got a full-price offer and is taking it over this morning about an hour before the open house starts. I'm excited. On one hand, this seems a little crazy. On the other hand, of all the houses I've seen come up (and then sell in three days), this one is by far the best. Exactly what we're looking for. Smaller (by Texas standards, so about the same square footage we've got here), in the neighborhood/area we want, 4-5 miles from DH's work, pool w/hot tub in the back, office (for me if I can convince employer to let me telecommute), extra "bonus" room for the bike trainers and treadmill, 3-car garage, etc. Plus we have 10 days to back out and would only lose $100. If the offer is accepted, we'll probably fly down next weekend to look at it and try to get a home inspector scheduled to meet us there and get that taken care of. Would close end of July, then would have to hire a lawn service and pool service until we actually move. DH thinks we could probably rent it out for  a few months by word of mouth at his office to people moving down there. And we'll probably move a few things down there late summer and then fly down once a month or so over the winter.

Trying not to get too excited because we might not get it, but I am excited. Here's the realtor.com listing: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1922-Rycroft-Dr_Spring_TX_77386_M70212-85339?row=1#

Okay, off to the dump with another load of junk from the basement.

Try to take it easy today Marjorie!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

And.....never mind. Quite a bit wrong with the house - the realtor texted a bunch of pictures. One or two of the things would have been okay, but there was a lot. Not worth what they are asking, so we're going to hold off. If it's still on the market in a week we may consider going in at a lower price.

In happier news, a got rid of a lot of junk at the dump, and it's nice and cool here (70) so I can still get a good run in.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Shame Karen. It looks pretty but pictures don't always tell everything.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies.  Did 9 last night and they went well.  8 or thereabouts tonight.

Marjorie, nice run.  How's the toe.  Did all the rest from your travels help heal it?

Karen, sounds like you'll get the house.  Nevermind.  Sounds like not.  Hope you find the right one.

Damaris

21 miles on Poto trail today.  Feeling confident about the marathon now.  We went slow, stopped to refill water at a hand pump, applied deer fly tape to hats, used potty, walked a lot and felt great at the end.  Went into the lake afterwards to cool off.  Nice!

Karen-that was probably less than a mile from where DD lived when she was in The Woodlands.  From a running standpoint I would recommend The Woodlands. There are nice parks, shaded sidewalks everywhere and some rolling hills.  Didn't get a text but woohoo that you are IN!

Lisa

camille2

Happy weekend everyone! It's been a good start here.  I did the 4 miler at Mayor's Midnight Sun races.  Unfortunately, we had liquid sunshine this morning.  They said it was pouring at the marathoner start at 8, but was just raining when we started at 9:15 and stopped before we finished.  I ran most of it but took a walk break every mile and a couple extra short ones.  I ended up with a 10:25 pace. Surprisingly, it was good for 4th of 18 since the fast runners in AG did the half.  It went better than I planned and I'd feel great about the result except I was 3 seconds behind 3rd and could easily have dropped 3 seconds if I'd had a clue it was close.  : )  It was great anyway, better than expected.  Humpy's/Big Wildlife half is in 7 weeks and is a nice one. If my hip is ok tomorrow, I'm going to figure out if I have time to train for it-just a low key plan.  BTW, a Fairbanks runner won the full in 2:59.  Go Fairbanks!

After I finished, I took signs out to the course and cheered the marathoners in at different spots.  Quite fun.

Lisa, woo-hoo on the Poto miles.  Sounds like you're ready for the marathon. : )

Karen, that's too bad about the house.  I guess there was a reason for a low price.

Marjorie, I hope you have a long weekend after last week.  That sounded rough.

DR, nice miles.

Carol, Laura and Gatsby, I hope you're having good races. Anyone else?

Hooray for summer!  Not that it changes anything (weather, work, life will pretty much remain unchanged) but I like summer in principle.  Oh, one good thing about summer is that there is less traffic when schools are out, so that's something.  DH and I did the Double Dipsea race today.  It's 13.7 miles out the Dipsea trail and then back.  And it was tough -- a lot of technical single track, hills, roots, rocks, and stairs.  Plus 4500' elevation change.   And it's a handicapped start so the fastest runners start last, making it a little chaotic on the trails as they go blowing by the "less fast" people like me.  But good fun.  And I didn't wipe out!

I hope the other racers had a good day.

Marjorie, hope you had a productive day in the yard.  My yard must wait until tomorrow.

Karen, too bad it doesn't look like that house is "the one", but you've got time.  Remember home prices in the Bay Area?  Always amazes me what things cost elsewhere.

Damaris, nice miles.

Lisa, woohoo on 21 trail miles.  Which marathon?  Detroit?

Camille, 4th place is a great finish!

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby- have heard of tht race!  Cool to know someone who has run it!  Detroit is in October. Karen and I are running Dances With Dirt in Devils Lake wisconsin on July 12.  Has some elevation change and is a fun one.

Lisa

Good luck to racers today!!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I barely made it to 14 when I had to quit.  The humidity was 95% for the whole run, the sun was brutal, and it was hot.  I am still dehydrated and somewhat dizzy.  Sigh.  OVerall, it was a good run but too short for what I wanted.

Lisa, nice 21.

Camille, nice job on the race!

Gatsby, nice job.  I cannot wait to get to SF to get some nice weather!

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2. Foot is okay D. Not perfect. I could have done more but it was beating down sun.

Lisa as nice to see the larger numbers again.

Gatsby by it wasn't super productive. I'm trying to just take it easy this weekend.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Funny thing about the house is that we rejected it because it was priced at the top end of what the market said it was worth, so the list of problems made it unacceptable. For that price (and it's hard to type this with a straight face) it should have been perfect. It was hard enough to get used to how much cheaper houses were here than in California when we moved last time, it's even harder to get used to it this time. I know logically it made sense to not offer (and if it's still on the market in a few weeks we may still go in at 200 or 210), but even with all the issues, it seems like such a bargain. Even though it's overpriced!

Gatsby, Double Dipsea sounds awesome. And hard. I'd like to go out and run the Dipsea some day. Every year a friend that still lives out there asks if this is the year I'm going to do it. I'd have to figure out the logistics of getting my entry in right away though, if it's still as hard to get into as it was the last time I checked.

Nice race camille! And nice placement too.

Marjorie, glad you're taking it easy this weekend. You need it after that last extended work trip with all the long hours!

Lisa, very nice. I am going to be horribly underprepared for DWD. There may be a lot of hiking involved. I haven't done a decent long run since Boston and I haven't run trails since last summer.

Well, marathon training for me starts tomorrow. I'd like to run mornings on Mondays and Fridays, but that will mean getting up at 4:45 (for the next few weeks at least I have 7 on the plan for those days). Tuesdays and Thursdays are longer so I'll probably keep those after work even if I do manage to get up early the other days. What are the odds I'll actually be able to get up early tomorrow?