Womens Running

Hello x 10 Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

It is World Hello Day and to participate we say "hello" to 10 people. "This demonstrates the importance of personal communication for preserving peace."

"Hello!"

Off to gym for cardio.  So glad to be done with stripping wallpaper and painting the 2 bedrooms.  How nice it would be to be able to pay someone to do that.

And I see from Susan's link that Detroit will be hosting New York, New York when the Buffalo Bills play against the New York Jets on Monday night.  Exciting but considering that my office is right next to the stadium where the Lions play that will make things interesting all around.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I had a good 35 minutes on the track running. When I got home I tested another cardio dvd and it went for 50 minutes. Right heel has been getting a little irritable so I am going to add my heel cup to my workouts from now on. Two of the cardio DVDs were really longer than I thought this week, so I am backing off.

Today I plan a track run, grocery shopping, then a comfortable collapse at home.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Hello to you, Lisa!  That's one!  That snow pic was pretty!  The Buffalo snow reminds me of a couple winters in the early 90's when we had so much our roofs had to be shoveled, unusual for Fairbanks.  My hubby got rid of our boat after the second winter.  He said he spent more time shoveling it than he did fishing out it. : )  Of course, it didn't snow so much again.  Seriously though, it was a huge amt of work to deal with. Poor folks.

Ginny, I need to correct any misconception that I can sew!  I have no idea how to make garments and even take my pants to be hemmed.  Quilting by machine only requires one to do a quarter inch seam.   : )  I was interested in the designs/colors when I was young, but lacked the patience and time for the hand work my mom did.  It was only after the quick cutting techniques/tools and machine quilting caught on that I started.

Karen, I ended up taking my family's traditional sweet potato casserole and  fresh pineapple slices.  There's no way would that casserole make Cooking Light. : )   It takes a healthy veggie and makes it southern, with  eggs, sugar, coconut, nuts and lots of butter.  It was nearly all eaten. I hope your headache is better. Those texts were funny.  How is hubby today?

Cindy, just want to send you good wishes on hubby's job.  No rush on the race report.  Are you still glowing from knowing you ran 26+miles!?!

Marjorie, rotating spines?  That sounds painful and scary.  I'm glad it helped though.

Sue, it's a new guild started in the spring and the first sew in.  We'll donate these to the fire and police departments.  I love making the tops, but don't like the quilting and binding part much and have a few of those to do.  I also try to do 2-3 baby quilts each winter for the Little Quilts group.

Tessa, my machine made me nuts last spring when I was doing free motion on it. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong, but finally took it in. It had a bent part and a tension adjustment problem and it works great now.  Your SP casserole recipe sounds good, but would take a couple sticks of butter to make it Southern. : )

Shadow, your RB pic makes me smile each time you post.  He looks ready to go.

Judy, good luck with the heel.

I need to do the hilly loop  and blow another million leaves this afternoon. It should be pretty nice here.

Docket_Rocket

Well, hello!  I ended up lifting weights, going to Pilates and running 15 last night.  Phew!  I needed that run.  5 tonight.  Maybe weights.

Lisa, haha.  Even she has forgotten what it feels like?  Enjoy the cardio!

Tessa, I agree!  There was one here with a down coat up to her toes.

Judy, ugh.  I had that issue with my heel for a while (7 months).  Changing shoes (even daily non-exercise shoes) worked.  But it took a while.  Hope you can get it on its way to fine soon.

Camille, enjoy the hilly loop.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

I wasn't sure if we were using the Thursday thread again for Friday! But went back and looked.

Lisa, wow, that is a lot of snow. Are those boardwalks? And congratulations on getting the wallpaper stripped and the bedrooms painted. I loathe that job. Every time we do a room we have to wait a while (like a couple of years!) for the memory to fade before we tackle another room. My sister did the kitchen and I am grateful.

Judy, take care of that heel. You're not getting as much snow as upstate NY, are you?

Susan/crazysue, glad the pool was a bit warmer. Not a fan of cold water. Enjoy the trip to New Orleans!

So they have moved the Jets-Bills game due to all the snow?

Camille, you're right, quilting is mostly a 1/4" seam or sewing on a binding, however a lot of clothing construction is a 5/8" seam or doing a hem, nothing more complicated. I haven't done much sewing of clothing lately since a) I am busy and b) it's not that expensive, the only things I tend to make are RenFaire or other costumes, but I do know how.

Marjorie, hope the pups are feeling better.

Damaris, 15 on a work night? You are dedicated.

Did 7.18 on the TM at lunch yesterday, got up and did 2.7 this morning. Lunch workout again today. My weight was down 2 pounds from last week's weigh in, yay, but I want to be a bit lower before the holiday weekend. We had a drizzle of rain last night and it is beautifully clear this morning. RN went for a trail run up in the mountains. I bet they can see Catalina Island from where they're running.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi hello hiya

I said hi to several people on run today so that counts

10.1 for me today

Camille it isn't oak full. Your spine rotates. I had a segment that was a little stuck.  Not noticeable other than where I had some limited range

Tessa oh the pups are doing well

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello,hello, hello, hello, hello.

I stayed home from work today (another night of little sleep due to head), so the only people I've seen are DH and DDog. So I will get all my hellos here today. I"m feeling better now, and even considered a short run, but I got no workout mojo. I'm supposed to run a half tomorrow but may just blow it off.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Tessa-this is the park where we witnessed the fighting geese on the little island.  boardwalks for nature watching and fishing. No where near what others have gotten but "fun" to run in. hello 14 min/mile pace on the trail I usually get 12:30's on. Pretty much like running in sand.

Lisa

ginnyb

Very busy day off. It was over before I got to enjoy it.

Did get in 4 miles on the TM.

Work tomorrow.....bummer

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15