Womens Running

Top Dog THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This CEO today...I looked up his salary..20 mil a year. How can you even spend that?!

Question of the day - what would you do if you made 20 mil a year?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for this chica!!

Ah..I needed some rest!! Slept so good last night. Ruger didn't come to bed with us! He stayed in his bed on the floor. Weird. Daycare must have really worn him out yesterday.

I will be happy when this visit is over with. Mammel is in his true form. I am sure he had a self talk in the mirror this morning - "this is MY house. I am the most important person in here today" hahaha. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in a tux. Though not sure his diaper would fit in there.

Long run tomorrow - NOT getting up at 2:30am to do it. I will get up at normal time and just come in late. Though...I may play hooky. I really want to play hooky....I am trying to convince HCF to take off tomorrow, too. It will be our last low humidity/nice day for a long time! I have so much to do to tomorrow including a walk thru of the entire building for a project coming up. I would LOVE to not do that tomorrow. LOL Smile

OH question of the day - If I made 20 mil a year...I would work for 2 years and then retire..

Sandy – When I thought about the 4:30 dinner, I def thought of you!! Smile

Kilmisters – I think he is just coming because he has never been here. He is going to do a town hall type meeting in the café for the associates and I think he has some other meetings with site leadership. Believe it or not, our site is the most important data center for this particular company, in the US. I am assuming he is just making his rounds. It affects us because we have to prep to make sure everything is in tip top shape. Landscape, cleaning, event set up and stuff like that. Nice run yesterday! 81 is freaking warm!! Are you real humid over there? Awe, like Diane said, can you delegate other things so you can focus on this until your vacation? You will not break!! You have running on your side..and an upcoming vacation. Hang in there!!

Run4kupcakes – Ugh, sorry about the crappy run.

Margaret – I am so excited for you!! You are going to have an EPIC birthday weekend!! DH is coming with? That makes it even better! I agree with the 4:30 dinner! I would be starving by 7!

Have a great day everyone! Happy Thursday!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I dashed out early and got in 30 minutes in the park. The joke of the day was that I was totally prepared for the water to be turned off. It never happened. The engineers needed a special tool and parts. Wrong ones were sent. They can go ahead and reschedule since I had a great dry run  of how to do a whole day readjusted to no water.

Today I hope to do a trail run, then grocery and possibly library.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Late start today so 2.3 miles.  Absolutely awesome out there, 51 degrees. low humidity.

Leaving a couple of hours early today, taking my DD to a routine doctor's appointment.  This day should be okay though next week is another story, Bleh

Lizzie - OMG, okay I just about spit out my coffee reading the Mammel comments, you crack me up!  20 million a year???  Wow, I would quit my job immediately.  Pay for my kids' college.  Buy a new house and move.  I'd probably buy BF his own house bwaaaa!!

Judy - hope you have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and Pilates.  Thinking of going to OTF but at the same time not, lol.  It's my Friday today so I can go tomorrow morning. Smile

Liz, glad you got some rest!  I feel you are getting a migraine, start bitching at the office. Wink

Judy, enjoy the trail run and the library.

Laura, nice run.

QOTD, I don't know what I would do but I know I would like to travel (maybe a marathon in every continent? Every country?).  I also know I wouldn't be able to stop working so maybe do some pro bono work. A dream job would be to work for the ACLU, so maybe I would do that on the side.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

4 miles on the TM last night.  Didn't do yoga stretches and had a calf cramp...mmm.  Had to take a couple of benedryl my allergies have gotten so bad.

QOTD:  Work for 5 years, invest and live like Buffet does and then manage my money and travel.  I'd but a 40' Hunter sail boat and sail around the Caribbean.  BUT I'm not a older white male so chances of a 20 mil a year salary are slim to none  That much money has so many drawbacks that I'm just happy where I am.  I have everything I need and or want at this point, have a good bit saved for retirement, am mostly healthy and I like my job.

Margaret good luck on your race this weekend.  Anyone else racing?

Hi everyone.

Kilmisters

Just trying to survive this week; good news is that I am meeting a friend of mine tomorrow, the plan is to run from office to meeting place (beer place; approx 13k; tshirt and jeans to change - in the small running backpack).

To those suggesting I delegate some of that - impossible. 95% of stuff I am doing is my "field" an no one else's.

Lizzie, how far is your office? How long is the planned LR? (so many questions Big grin) Random thought - next time can you leave a layer of clothes the day before and run there next morning as your LR?

QOTD: Uhm, I'd invest some of that in our floorball club and then move to Finland Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Gasby – hooray for vacay!  SO EXCITED for your birthday weekend.  Woot!  OMG I would drink that beer just for how cool it looks!  And I love me some hops.  LOL on Steeplechase / Spartan Run.  I’ve never thought of it like that.

HCK – whoa nice workout!  Fast is relative in the summer.

Elina – I knew you would kill that run – way to go!!  That is HOT.  So no doubt you would be even faster in better weather.  Holy crap on your to do list!  Might be worth having a chat with boss lady.  Work life balance is important!  Have a nice evening with your friend!

Lizzie – well I am usually accidentally napping by 7pm.  Your access card system sounds super anal haha.  We have a bio reader to get into my area – it mostly works well.  Otherwise there is a doorbell.  Stinky guy started a rule that if you forget your badge you have to bring donuts.  It is annoying because the restrooms are outside the secure area.  Glad you got some good sleep!  Yep, I hear you coughing from here – for sure you cannot work tomorrow.  Dude I’m so boring.  Yet another weekend with zero plans.  Le sigh.  Wedding show for you!

Karen – awww your post made me smile.  You exude happiness!  Hooray for the new treadmill!  Some things are worth paying the little extra for.  And look at you CRUSHING that 12 yesterday – way to go!  I will need to channel you on Saturday.  Sounds like a fun evening with the neighbors.  Can’t wait to hear how the running gig went last night.  Hooray for more sign ups!  I love your life.  OMG that FB drama sounds redic.  I would want to watch it all, too and just laugh and shake my head.

Damaris – did DH come to your rescue yesterday to fix tire and get you food?

Cathy – you CARRIED your hat?  OMG you crack me up.  We were mileage twins yesterday but you win the speedy award – awesome!  You are coming back so strong I love it!  I may need to start doing a podcast on long runs – they all sound so interesting.

Judy – laughing at the “dry run” of no water haha

Laura – OMG your weather sounds amazing!  I agree – Lizzie cracks me up.  Also laughing at buying BF his own house!  So you want to still date him but just not live with him?  Is he messy?

4 crappy miles with achy legs, burning lungs and pounding head.  But I’m glad I got out there!  I was trying to avoid the fast girls and went a different way.  Saw them approaching a corner out of the corner of my eye but didn’t look their way.  Two of them cannot see for crap (refuse to wear corrective lenses) so I’m thinking I went undetected?  Haha  I’ve been ignoring the texts and am not in the mood to get hounded into joining them.  Need to go solo at my own pace and distance for now.  Even ditching slow RB because all the walk breaks are not helping me at all.  Humidity is creeping back up.  Took a long time to stop sweating and I still was sorta sweating through my shower.  Hmmmm I sound like I’m on the grumpy bus but I’m really not.  The DH of a super speedy friend tore his patellar tendon and had surgery on Tues.  I feel so bad for him!  He is uber runner guy and slipped on some grass and fell back sitting on his leg with such force it ripped it from the knee cap.  No weight bearing for 6 weeks, no anything for 3mo.  He was supposed to pace someone at Western States.

QOTD: I wouldn’t work.  It would leave more time for running and other workouts.  Otherwise, I can’t imagine my life changing all that much.  I’d pay off my one sister’s debts, maybe travel a bit more and update my house but that’s it.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning,

Lizzie, enjoy your rest day from running even if you will have a challenging work day.  Your words about Mammel are too funny.  Diaper in his tux.  Good luck with the visit.  Another wedding show this weekend, how fun!

Judy, what a pain about the water.

Laura, what nice weather!  Buy BF his own place, HAH!!!

Damaris, is your car OK??  Bummer about the flat.

Diane, I missed the cramping, hope is is better.

Elina, have fun with your friend.

Sandy, sorry your run sucked so bad.  Sometimes running with others is far worse than running alone.  I always was stressed running with my ex because I love walk breaks.

Now the all about me portion...

Not much here.  Still a bit antsy with so much time and so little money...  Tried to go to the doctors for a refill of one of my meds.  I was trying out a new place because I hate the one I have been going to.  My COBRA insurance is still in the works, so I have to self pay currently.  Holy mother of god, I asked the fee - up to $370!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT THE F.  No thank you and walked out.  I called the old place, $120.  Still more than I wanted to pay, but reasonable all things considered.  A vet visit is $50-60, so I wasn't too upset with the $120.

Adulted this morning with bills.  Paid ahead for 3 months and now have nothing left.  Boo hoo.

Fought with corporate for 2 weeks on some PTO that they took out when I separated that was from FIVE months ago.  I asked for documentation of what days were charged to me and after 2 weeks, and repeatedly asking, they still wouldn't answer.  I gave up and submitted my severance letter which means I can't go back and ask for the money if it is owed.  Really pissed, but they obviously weren't going to help.

Almost all ready for the Polar Bear trip - since it is going to be freezing, I need some warm clothes.  Funny buying long undies and mittens in this 100* heat.

Sitting around today waiting for FedEx, I have to sign for a package.  Good excuse to be lazy.

QOTD, I would definitely NOT work even though the extra time on my hands now it a bit unnerving.  I think I would adapt OK...    I would definitely travel the world, maybe a couple of times - FIRST CLASS!  I would help some friends out.  Maybe move somewhere groovy, probably in Europe.

That is that.  I hope all of you lovely ladies have a great day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat my recent vet bill was $480 and that was shots and farm call.  3 horses, 4 dogs and 2 cats. Luckily with work insurance my one prescription is free.  If I get more Zyrtek it's $25.

Seloc

He was supposed to pace someone at Western States.

Oops, not Western States - some other big one...

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

35 minute jog today.  Full disclosure, it was supposed to be 34 minutes but I wanted to do an even 3 miles.    It was very cool this morning and I never worked hard enough to get warm!  Other than that, it was a good run.     I moved to my new cubicle yesterday, I started moving some of my things in the morning.  When I came back in the afternoon, someone had taken my little heater/fan!  I let the office manager know, it must be the most excitement that we've had here in awhile, she walked around to look for it and interrogated people and sent an email out.  Full investigation.    It has not been found yet.

QOTD, I might splurge and get a new Garmin.    I would probably quit my job, but I would need to find something to do, either part time or volunteer.  I would travel more.  And probably buy new homes for our families, all in in the same area.    Nothing too big and fancy though.  That's not me.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day!  Have fun on your long run, I'm glad that you don't have to get up at 2:30.  4:30 has been tough for me, but the kids will be done with summer school this week so I can run later!   I could probably eat dinner at 4:30.  Usually I hold off until 5:30.  

Laura and Damaris, enjoy your virtual Fridays!

Elina, sounds like you will be a busy lady!  Too bad you have no one to share your workload.  Nice tempo in the heat!

Sandy, I am used to carrying a water bottle, so carrying a hat is no big deal.    I found a visor on Amazon that is attached to a headband, I wonder if that will soak up sweat well.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1N8BDB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  I don't usualy listen to anything while I run, that interview did make the run go by faster.  It was nice because they would talk for a bit, then stop so it wasn't constant talking.  But they gave you things to think about while there were breaks.  

Margaret, happy vacation!  That is a cool looking beer.  Hippos are DH's favorite animal.  I didn't know a lot about Steeplechase, I had to watch some YouTube videos.  They make it look so effortless.  I found a video that they talked about on the interview that I listened to, when Jager was going for the US record and trying to get under 8 minutes.  He ended up getting his foot caught on the very last hurdle and fell, and finished in 8:00.45.

Kupcakes, sorry about the lousy run.  But you got it done!

Karen, nice 12!  Glad you are off the grumpy bus.     Haha, 55 feels pretty darn good.   It was a good interview, actually quite motivating.  Besides just talking about himself, Jager talked about the "tribe" of runners and the power of being on a team.  Knowing that you have support of a group and what a difference it makes.  If you want something to listen to while you are on your TM, check it out.  It's a guided run on the Nike running app, which is free.  They have a couple runs with Joan Benoit Samuelson, which I am looking forward to listening to.  I'll save them for a long run when it's hot out.  

Kat, wow, that is a big increase for the meds!  Ugh on the issues with the PTO.

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

My running group thing went so well last night. We probably had 30-40 people come in. 5 new signups. And another at least 6 that said they were signing up before Saturday. Another couple that were worried they wouldn't be able to go three miles, so are going to come on Saturday and try us out before signing up. The store provided snacks and beer and wine, and they had four people there to talk shoes with people and make sure they were in the right type of shoe. They ended up selling a bunch of shoes, so they were happy. Oh, and the owner had me try on the newest version of the Ghosts and Glycerins and then gave me a free pair of the Glycerins. Love it when he's at the store! Several people came by that were already signed up just to meet the coaches and ask questions. We had all 5 of the coaches there and we were all talking to people the entire time. Last year we tried to do this and we had a total of two people come in. It was mostly me and the store employees sitting around talking and looking at our phones. They (and me) were thrilled with the turnout this year. We're going to do this one or two times during the season as well.

I was hyped up all night, therefore didn't sleep well. I slept in until 7:30 so was going to just take a rest day or do a few easy miles on the TM, but when I took Riley in to daycare I noticed it was overcast, so I went out for a very slow 5 miles. Was hot, and I wouldn't have wanted to go any farther, but was okay. Now cleaning. And waiting to see what DH has to say when he gets back from the doctor. Apparently he's had pain in his rib cage, not exactly chest pain, on and off for over a week. Which he hasn't mentioned. Last night he googled it and saw all the scary things it could be, so he called the doctor this morning. She was booked today and tomorrow, but when he told them where he was having pain, the found a spot in her schedule to fit him in. I really hope it's nothing major. Dr. Google should come with anxiety meds.

Margaret, I am excited for your birthday weekend and race! You are going to do fantastic, you have had some great training leading up to it.

Liz, I am cracking up reading your mammal comments. You are hilarious. But yeah, you sound like you might be coming down with "something" so probably best to take a day off tomorrow.

QOTD: Probably by a house/condo in Colorado, one in Maine, maybe one in Europe, and get a private plane to take me wherever I wanted to go. I'd probably still live here and do my running group and hang out with my neighbors. Maybe get a second dog to play with Riley.

Laura, 51 degrees? I'm coming to visit. Worry about next week then. Now it's practically your weekend!

Judy, heheheh, "dry run."

Damaris, today's OTF looks pretty nice. Enjoy whenever you decide to go.

Elina, definitely at least let your boss know (if she doesn't already) that you've been putting a lot of extra time in already, and this upcoming month looks even worse. She may or may not be able to do something to help, but at least she'll know that they're overworking you and they need to figure out a way to keep you from burning out. Healthy life balance, my friend.

Sandy, good for you for getting out and doing your own thing this morning. Sounds like trying to keep up with the fast girls would have hurt. On the neighborhood crazies, turns out that there is a "shadow" fb group - started out as the group for the softball team, which all our neighbor friends were on but we didn't want to play. It has now turned into a group for normal people, and to post screenshots of the crazy lady rants for those that don't see them before she deletes them, etc. They added us and one other couple to that group this week and it is funny.

Kathryn, that sounds super frustrating between the insane med payments and the loss of PTO/ignoring the issue on their part. Packing for that trip would be hard. A friend here is going to Iceland Saturday and she's like "I know I need to put fleece in there, but it just seems so wrong."

Cathy, I tried to channel my inner Cathy this morning. Was going to finish at 4.8 miles. Then at the last second I took a detour and then ran to the mailbox so I ended up with 5. I used to wear a hat quite a bit for running, but when I started running down here I became a visor girl. Both to keep the sun and the sweat off my face. Now even if it's cold or pouring down rain, I still wear a visor - can't tell you the last time I wore a hat. The headsweats ones are my favorite (they are also delicious, according to Riley, but that's another story), but if you have a small head they might not work. I know a couple people that have said they are just too big for their head and they aren't adjustable. As I have an unusually large head, I've never had a problem.

Diane, interesting that you got the cramp and that you skipped the yoga stretches. Sounds like they may be a part of the solution.

Okay, I should at least get the vacuuming done while DH is out of the house. Later!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today has not been a fun day. Wishing something from the job Gods would come througgghhhhhh. 

Docket – Lucky you!! Today being your Friday! I like your idea of still working. I think I would have to do something, too. Maybe volunteer at SPCA or something! You know, I did wake up with a headache this morning.

Diane – Nice workout last night. Ugh on the allergies. They are bad here too. I like your outlook on what you would do with the money!

Kilmisters – That will be a cool run tomorrow! Something different, too. Sorry that you can’t delegate Sad I would still maybe talk to your boss to see if you could work something out. You are drowning! I agree with Sandy, work life balance is very important! My office is only 5 miles from home. I would have to do a lot of loops! Plus its on a very busy main road. Nope. Smile

Sandy – Nice miles today. I am sorry that you are still feeling like crud! Wonder where you picked that up from! I had a to laugh at you avoiding your RB’s. One of the reasons I run in the dark is so I avoid seeing people all together! Hopefully they didn’t see you Smile You could always use the excuse that you were feeling like crap so you didn’t want to run with anyone! Smile That is awful about your friends DH!! Ugh. I like that rule about the losing your badge!! Aw, no plans? Want to trade? You could fly in and go to a wedding show?! LOL. Smile

Laura – LOL’ing at buying your BF his own house! HAHA. 51 degrees?! How dare you even post that. Smile Hope you have a good weekend! Uh oh, next week is already starting to look bad?! Sad

Kathryn – I swear mammal wears a diaper. We kid because one time he ran out of here in a panic and came back with different pants on. His diaper must have leaked Smile Oh geez, that PTO thing would piss me off!! I am so excited to see pictures from your polar bear trip!!

Cathy – Nice jog today! I think you’re fine adding the extra minute Smile  Excuse me? You never worked hard enough to get warm? You are going to have to leave those comments off this thread. LOL. Totally kidding. That is my jealousy. How are you liking the cube life so far? You know, its possible that the property management office took the heater. We have been known to do that Smile We have some associates that leave their heaters turned on ALL. NIGHT. So we steal them. Smile I think you could buy a few Garmin’s with 20 million Smile  4:30 is tough!!! Its always tough to get out of bed. It gets harder and harder (that’s what she said). Dinner at 5:30?! Can’t do it. That looks like a cool hat!

Karen – Aw, I was smiling ear to ear reading about the event last night! So so awesome! Free Glycerins?! Awesome! I have been wanting to try those. Let me know how you like them. I hope DH is okay! Let us know! Did you notice a huge difference between the visor and the hat? I do notice sometimes my head can start to get toasty!

Have a good afternoon!

Kilmisters

Sandy, l'm laughing out loud about your sneaky run. To my mind, keeping your own pace and having alone time during run is so important (at least for me) that running together w someone would sort of be total opposite. But to each their own. Did the uber-runner guy fall while running or it was just a random accident? Funny how we spend hours working out, whether it's run or smth else, and then get injured in the stupidest of ways. Like the NHL player from my favorite team, who got injured during off-season few years ago while.. playing GOLF!!

Cathy, haha, thanks for full disclosure, so it means even you can't bear the thought of uneven distance/minutes, huh Big grin Really, 20mil and your first thought is a Garmin?! Smile Wow, that's some CSI-like action regarding the heater Smile

11k for me today, temps and humidity are not that awful anymore but I was still sweating like a pig. Hopefully tomorrow's plan of literally running to pub will work out AND I won't die out there running at 5pm (there is a huge bridge on the way there, then looonnnggg straight w/o shadows, so not the easiest of courses).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris