Womens Running

Warm-sical Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

Celebrating the places that it was indeed warm and wishing I was in one of them.

No school again today for dd.  They cancel when wind-chill is expected to be -20 or more (or should that be less?).   I do know kids that got frostbitten though.  You could tell on days when their faces would get red but there would be white blotchy spots.. supposedly those were parts where the damage had occurred.  But, in all we are much hardier than given credit for.  There also wasn't the traffic to deal with or lack of common sense in dressing.

The good news is that we are expecting a warm up.. 31 by Friday. The bad news is that with the warm up we are expecting snow.

If you've never understood a Northernerns full delight and appreciation for spring and summer I believe that you can now.  When we hit 50 t-shirts and shorts will be worn. This is also why Memorial Day is SO huge for us. Apart from its original intent it symbolizes the official beginning of warm weather. Why couldn't it be St Patrick's Day? LOL

Karen-wtg on enjoying the run and the table.

Tessa-great RR as usual.  missing those brownie supplied aid stations and rolling eyes / cringing at the barefoot runner on rocks.  I don't get it. There's a reason God gave us the where with all to invent shoes. We don't have hooves.

Off to gym to see what new equipment I can get Scrapster onto.  She did leg workout yesterday.  Heavy drama at work from the pack up boxes woman.  I left a room for 20 minutes and came back to her having stormed out and the rest of staff in shock.  One HR Director said that she needs to know how drama just misses Lisa... I can sit in the middle of it and it just floats over and around me.  Smile.  I don't get it. I don't enjoy it. I don't do a thing to let it play me thus it goes elsewhere.  I'm guessing that most here can relate.  When is that dinner?  Oh wait!  Tonight with my one no drama friend! Smile!!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I have several Leslie Sansone dvds. I have one that has 5 intervals where you actually run in place. I do it often when I don’t get to the track to run. I like her stuff.

Cardio/run went well yesterday. There are new security cases for DVDs and CDs in the boxes. We are changing them 4 days a week. We do from 700 to 800 a day so far. Emptie are repacked because they will all go to recycling when we are finished.

Today I plan to do a lighter cardio dvd but with light hand weights. If the weather gets better tomorrow, I may go to the track. I’ve missed it.

Happy runs, All!  Namaste and  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Judy....yes, the DVD that I have , we run in place also and a quick jog back and forth...I really like it.

Lisa....have fun at the gym.

Hope our friends in the south are doing okay this morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Linda

Hi ladies.

I did my run this morning.  I'm on a strict, daily regimen of pineapples, blueberries, rolling, stretching and torture w/ a Lax ball.  I also do 100 "crab" style side leg lifts every day.  I don't know what exactly is doing the trick, but my hip feels a lot better.  It didn't hurt last night, and it felt pretty good on the run this morning.

Tessa:  I haven't read your RR yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Lisa:  Winter is crazy!  Hang in there.

Goodmorning Judy & Ginny.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got up and it wasn't bad.  Nothing like we were supposed to get.  Some ice in the trees but no snow and the sidewalks were wet but not bad.  Some crunching in the grass.  Got ready to run waiting for day light and maybe a bit of sun.  Started to sleet and snow at 8.  Thought I'd still go out but when I got outside the sidewalks were now crunchy so I didn't run.

Out front they are pretty good now but too late to go at this point as I've already showered.  At least we didn't lose power. Back patio is still crunchy so it is hard for the pups to go out as the ramp for hammy does have ice on it and as the water drips off the house it is freezing on his ramp.  I need DH to get off his phone (we are both working from home as the bridges here are terrible and my offices are closed) and he was told not to come in.  When he gets off the phone he can get the rest of the ice off the ramp and we can turn it up on its side so it won't be frozen and can then just flip it down when Hammy needs to go out.

We will be 70's by Sunday.  Today we wont' even get to 30 so the ice in the trees won't be gone any time soon.

Lisa 31?  you can wear shorts!  LOL

Must go back and read Tessa's report

Hi everyone else!

Marjorie

camille2

Two to 3 inches of snow @my mom's.  Thankfully, I came early yesterday before the snow hit. Otherwise, I might still be on the road because it's been unbelievable.  TOtal gridlock.   A niece couldn't get home and after going 4 miles in 4 hours, she returned to work and slept there.  She still can't get home and is staying with a friend. A nephew finally parked and walked the 7 miles home.  My mom and I are snug though.  Thought you northern gals might appreciate the story and appreciate your transportation departments!

PT was closed today and , so I just walked today. It's white and lovely.

have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, pack up boxes woman? Meaning you are having layoffs of the "don't come back from lunch, someone will pack your desk/office and send the stuff to you" variety? Or someone who was told to pack her stuff?

Agreed, I would not have discarded my shoes because my hip started hurting. Especially not on rocky terrain.

Judy, that makes sense. Your library must have a lot of DVDs and CDs!

Hi Ginny, Linda, Marjorie, Camille, and those from yesterday!

2 this morning, now running out to the gym.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  6 or SRD today, undecided yet.  Attending a retirement party for a coworker.  Will come back with shoutouts later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tessa-no layoffs here... as of today I have 16 hires so far this year.  No this is a very talented woman who clearly has imbalances of the manic/depression kind.  I left a team meeting for about 20 minutes and came back to find that she had flipped out and said horrible things to the HR Director and Chief HR Officer including that she knew she was fired (even though they told her to call down and talk about it the next day). After further raving she basically left.. keep in mind this was all during the time I spent talking to someone who I had already interviewed so 15-20 minutes.  It was crazy... and sad and a waste.  Problem is that the behavior has been escalating and increasing in frequency.  2 weeks before she had decided to rearrange her office area (which included office services moving overheads/cabinets) around without telling anyone. She just started packing her boxes and brought them to her car.  I was at a career fair so missed it. Which has also resulted in joking that my absence seems to set her off. Um.. don't think so. Just sad.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, glad you did not have to lay someone off, but poor woman. It sounds as if she needs quite a bit of help.

Damaris, which was it?

And Karen, did you see the business section of the Sunday New York Times? One of the homes in there might look a little familiar!