Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 184 times)

annieSusan

Hmm, I just  thought to look on the Costco website, and I see that they will do VCR to DVD transfer. Might try it with a tape or two, and see how it turns out.

ginnyb

I don't know how many more PITA patrons I can take today!  I may have reached my limit!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Linda

Judy & July:  COLD!!

Hi Marjorie & AnnieSusan

Cindy:  I requested tickers in the suggestions forum.  The people who responded said that they were adamantly against tickers.  How can anyone have strong feeling s against tickers or anything else in someone’s sig line is beyond me, but evidently some people are ticked off by tickers.  If you request it, I’ll second it.

Good luck with your shins.  Shin issues are always difficult for me to resolve.

Sue:  I really felt that our migration to RA would be short lived.  Several of the over 40 members have 1000’s of post at RW.  It looks like a permanent move, though.

LC & Sue:  Sometimes it is hard to get out of bed when the TM is waiting, but you are always glad when you do.

Amy:  I’m glad that you are feeling well and fit.  Happy Running.

Karen:  I hope your rest day left you refreshed.

Ginny:  Hang in there.

Tessa:  It wasn’t windy yesterday.  I have to go run before the wind picks up today.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Checking in. Late but here.

I'm sorry about RW. I have been on that site for -- damn -- 10 years today. Wow.

Welcome back Amy!

Ginny, yay for the new stove, what will you christen it with?

Lisa-Marie, I've been running on and off since I was about 14, but I have had periods of little or no running, especially when pregnant or nursing. I did a lot of 5 and 10Ks and some halfs in the mid 1980s, two marathons in 1988 and 1989, one full in 1996 (woefully undertrained), then got back into training and racing in 2003, PRd in December 2003, and have been cranking out the miles ever since.

Vicki, I did WW meetings and still go most weeks. I need the accountability and the weigh ins.

Karen, poor Jake, he looks so self conscious with the cone on!

Not sure why people are anti tickers. To me it's if you don't want one, don't have one! But there's no need to ban others from having them if they like them. (That philosophy can be applied to anything from eating mushrooms to gay marriage. If it's not for you, fine, but don't forbid others from following that path.)

4 miles with running neighbour this morning. About to head over to the gym for some TM miles. I have a book that should go back to the library soon. Whoever it was who asked abut running in the mill, it takes practice. Hardcover books stay open better than paperbacks. And paper works better than magazines because shiny paper can have glare.

Happy runs!

camille2

Good afternoon.

Marjorie, so sorry about the barking dog.  That's really aggravating-prob to all your neighbors, too.  Wow on your father...good luck!

Annie, I haven't done any conversions of tapes, but need to. Let us know how Costco works out.  I wouldn't have thought of them.

Tessa, I agree with you about the tickers.  Why would people mind?  I never bother with them, but like seeing them.  I wish I could read on tm.

Ginny, yeah on the stove!

Lisa-M, maybe this will be a call to action for your hubby. Hope you can sleep tonight.

Hi to everyone else!  I thought of more comments as I read, but the thoughts have  left me.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought wearing a fleece jacket in the gym was unusual!  The gal is young, in terrific shape and delightful-one reason I love this gym.  Today she wore a thin longsleeve jacket to work out and teased me when I went outside in tank and shorts a couple times.  Just different, I guess.

I did an 11 mi TM run-with  quick loops of parking lot to cool off a couple times. It seems much harder than a nice trail run, but I'm onsidering it heat and mental toughness training.  : )

Arimathea

Tessa

Back after 6.6 on the TM.

I just went over to RWOL. Cry The forums appear to have been taken down because of spam attacks.

I am sorry for all the new runners who are going there hoping to find support and community and to have questions answered.

mommymac

I am having trouble logging on; I feel like I should say something profound in case I never get on again!

Tessa - Your post regarding your 10 year anninversary makes me think I should run H-M and meet you in person! Are you definately going?

Carolyn

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

So I went to the gym this morning and did XX bike.  Came home and read for awhile and then started cleaning the house.  Then I knit for awhile.  I started a new project so I am psyched to get going on it.  I stopped knitting to go for a 3.1 mile run, came back and read some more.  Our local library is back open again after vacation break but according to my husband, their implemntation of a new system is slowing everything down.  It takes forever to check out a book and the self-checkout is down because of the new system.  So I may delay going to the libary to get new books.

Judy-  do you run when it is 17 outside?

Marjorie and others-  what the heck is a ticker and why is it controversial?

LC-  good job on the 4.2 TM run

Lisa-Marie-  I haven't heard about Jazzercise in ages

CrazySue-  I just started a new project.  A yellow sweater for spring.  It has picot edging which is a new technique for me

Cindy-  good job on the 5 with friends

Ginny-  what fun, a new stove!

Karen-  yeah for rest days!

annieSusan-  I have been doing some yoga lately, also

Tessa-  I think I would have a hard time reading while on the TM

that's it for me,

cheers, Lisa

lisa