Womens Running

Rainy Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Gentle rain for plants though.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday the car started acting up on the way to work. It’s now in the shop thanks to a friend who offered to take me to work today. I ate supper and before bed did a 15 minute run with cardio for 40 minutes. I may do the same tomorrow since I do not have the car to get to the track. Those cardio dvds come in very handy!

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Good I morning,

Laura.....rain here too, but so far snow not predicted.  This is the worst Spring I remember in a long time.

Susan...yes, I am going to Hatfield/McCoy, doing the half.  If you decide to go maybe we could ride together.  I was going to drive with Carol, but her plans changed, as Tessa mentioned.  Anyway, it would be great if you decide to go and I would love company for the drive down.

Judy...I enjoy having the DVD's to work out too also.  Hope the car repairs are not too costly.

I work tonight, so off this morning.  Planning on doing WT.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good morning,

Yep, Ginny - more rain here too.   Everything is flooded here.  This should tell you how bad things are: http://now.msn.com/fish-swims-by-window-in-grand-rapids-flood.  I'll keep you posted about hatfield/mccoy. 

Judy, glad the cardio dvd worked well for you.  Hope the car gets fixed quickly and inexpensively.

Well off to the gym to run and do some WT.

Susan

LC Runs

Bed magnet won out this am...but should be nicer this evening, will plan on a few miles.

Judy -  sorry about the car trouble, but great job with the workouts

Ginny - we have snow on the ground this morning *groan* but it won't last.  This weekend is supposed to be glorious, we'll see

Susan - I saw that GR picture, crazy!

ginnyb

Did a different DVD today...Jillian Michaels, Shred...tougher than I thought it would be.  Just when I think I am in shape, I get my butt kicked!  Guess that is a good thing though..

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.8 cold drizzle the whole run.  Out around 4 something. So just me and the chirping birds trying to tell me to suck it up and it would be fine. Temp dropped the whole time so it was cold. Yuck. But got it done. Just me and the birds. Didn't see a car until mile 5

Waves to everyone.  Doing stuff here at dads all day and organizing. Took most the stuff I wanted and have it sitting together so I can pack it up.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  No rain here yet, but they said it is coming.  Yard is still wet from last week.

Group Power this morning.  I ran yesterday after work and it is already too warm here for evening runs.  Around 80F last night.  Need to get my butt out of bed from now on and run before sun up.  Was really dragging this morning.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Quick post as work has been hectic, the nerve.  Only managed 4 last night, so 6 and weights tonight. I used too heavy a shoe and my legs were tired by the end of the 4th mile, bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Marjorie...welcome to Lisa's and my world!  Lovely weather, isn't it?   grumble...grumble...grumble...

Ginny

Anonymous Guest

Trying to decide what to do today. I completely blew off yesterday's run - just too tired and achy. Today is supposed to be my rest day, but I took it yesterday. I shouldn't do yesterday's workout today because I have my last hard workout before tapering scheduled for tomorrow. First I thought I'd just run easy, now I'm thinking about doing tomorrow's tempo run today. I still have the running clothes I brought to work yesterday, and I'd really like to get that last workout done and get to my taper.

Must stop avoiding work I don't want to do.

Have a great day all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

We would love the rain if you want to send it this way. We've only had 5 inches this season, average is 14, and it all came in the fall so the grass grew and now it's getting crispy dry already. Fires are starting early.

No run this morning, mattress magnet won out, I'll go to the gym at lunch.

Question for everyone. The race this Saturday is a trail race. It is either 50K or 50 miles. There is a 13 hour limit for both races.

http://leonadivide5050.com/images/LD50M_v07a.jpg

I have done a full on this course, last September, in 7:36 (hot dry day -- forecast for Saturday is 40s at the start and 70s during the day). I'd expect the 50K to take me about 90 minutes longer, since the extra mileage is the end bit at the east end of the course which descends to a road and then comes back up again.

I know I'm not going to do the 50 miler since the math doesn't work out, no way can I do nearly twice the distance in considerably less than twice the time. However, the turnaround for the 50K is Aid 4/8, and along the top of the ridge, 3.3 miles further, is Aid 5/7. I can probably do that out and back in another 90 minutes or so, it's flatter than the bit at the east end. Would I be nuts to extend the 60K an extra 6.6 miles because I haven't run that stretch of trail before (knowing that I have no chance of placing and that all I want to do is finish in under 13 hours) and go out to Aid 5/7 then turn and return? I'm signed up for the 50M, plan on dropping to the 50K before the start which is permissible, but I'd like to make it somewhere in between.

And this posits that I can make it to and out of Aid 4 by 11:30, which is 5 1/2 hours after the race starts. If not, then I will be doing the 50K and turning around at Aid 4.

Thoughts?

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Busy day, so quick fly-by for me. I got out for 7.1 miles this morning, followed by closing on our mortgage refinance (yay!). Two fast-turn work projects have popped up, and I'm headed out the door for our food bank's annual luncheon fundraiser. DH is chairman of the board of directors for the food bank, so we're big supporters.

I hope everyone is having a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Tar Heel Mom

kween

No rain here today. In fact, it is beautiful. 5.5 easy miles this morning.

Ginny, I have done the Jillian Michaels' Shred. Very tough.

Just had some furniture removed by a consignment place. Hopefully we will make a little money on it. Big movers coming tomorrow.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, would you be nuts? of course, but that shouldn't stop you! I would say just play it be ear - if you feel good at that point, do a little exploring. And since you'll be officially doing the 50K, if you extend on and then decide it sucks, you can turn around at any point. The elevation change doesn't look THAT bad between AS #4 and 5. If you were adding on say, between 3 and 4, then I would say you were not only nuts but bats#*t crazy.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel