Womens Running

Weekend dailies (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Lori, hehe, taper madness? You'll do great! You all will! Smile

Cathy, enjoy the show Smile Mentoring system is great to have! We had one both in high school and university.

Margaret, well, after Lisa's visit I have Trail Sisters hat and shirt, so it counts as full transition to dark side, I suppose Big grin 50k? Wow! Have fun? Can any fun be had, tho, in 50ks!?!? Joking, of course.

Anyone from St. Louis or Nashville area here (sorry, my US geography sucks)? Watching Stars-Preds this evening (matinee play-off game, yay!) and not sure which team to cheer for Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.2 for me! Heading to Core class in a few!

Went out to start my run...my Fenix froze. Ugh. Grabbed my other Garmin and hopped to it. Good run but it is yucky humid. All those gnats flying around your face. Reminds me of SUMMER. This ends me at 38 for the week. Next week I will probably cut the runs more than I usually do the week of the race. I don't want a repeat of Richmond Marathon. That was SO AWFUL.

Going to submit for a new watch in just a minute. Garmin customer service got everything ready for me I just have to put in my payment information (they will reimburse me when they get my watch). When I came home my watch was unfrozen. This is annoying though and unpredictable. I dont like that and shouldnt have to worry about it when I paid what I paid for it!!

Hey, I am getting my hair done today guys! Smile Are we all?! LOL! Looking forward to PIZZA and CAKE this evening! Yum yum! And for spending some time with HCF! Won't see him much this next week and weekend!

Hi Kilmisters! Do you have a ton of time on your hands now that floorball is over? Smile

Tessa - Enjoy Easter weekend! I had a similar experience with transferring from Middle to High school. I was on the county line so I went to a different high school than everyone else. That sucked! I spent most of my high school career in "in school suspension". I was expelled when I was a freshman. Maybe it was because all my friends had Ieft me! Wink

Run4kupakes - I haven't tried Adidas shoes in yearrrrs!

Laura - OMG. You are gorgeous with or without your hair done, silly! Enjoy the weekend! Sounds like it started off hectic! I am loving the Launches! I actually just bought another pair yesterday for the race.  I like them to be fresh! Wink Going to skip the Mizuno's this go around. Hopefully I don't regret that Wink

Margaret - You are a trail racing machine! Seriously! 50K this weekend and then 2 races next weekend? Wow! Enjoy! Pollen doesnt bother me either, thankfully. Was OK out there this morning but apparently it will be coming back by the end of the weekend. Good luck today!

Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Liz, enjoy cake and pizza!! How "old" is your Fenix? Also, isn't that from expensive Garmin series? Annoying... Garmin customer service is always decent, so you should be fine.

We started planning (flights, airbnb etc.) the Prague (Czech republic) NHL trip today (it's literally 1 month after the US marathon trip, omg), exciting! I'm glad I got that yearly bonus at work, which makes this a bit less painful, hehe Smile It covers the whole NHL trip, as per my estimates.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, the new watch should come pretty quick. I did the other option where they shipped once they received my old one back. I think it was about a week total from when I shipped the original to when the new one was in hand. I had asked folks on the Beginners forum about Garmin customer support because I have had so many bad experiences with tech stuff. One of the people who had to use them said they talked to a stoned trail runner in Colorado, but he was helpful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 4 miles tonight.  Woke up with a headache which makes me think I slacked on the Gatorade thing all week.  Long story but no migraines since I started drinking Gatorade for all my runs to normalize my electrolytes (read that BP meds screw with their levels).  But all week I've been slacking since I've been running less miles and now I'm paying for it.

Elina, have fun watching the game.

Liz, but it IS summer!  Nice run.  Order the watch now!  You don't want to get screwed during the race.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Super fun run with the group this morning. My neighbor running the half next week had 6 on the schedule and I had 10. I got out of the house earlier than anticipated so went and ran two before everyone else got there. Ended up being 6 of us, which is a pretty good turnout for our "off season" especially since we had two racing a 10K today. I ran 6 with neighbor and 2 others, then me and speedy guy added on two more with a loop around the park on the way back. The other two ran faster than the rest of the group and ended up doing an out and back of 8, so finished just a few minutes before me and speedy guy (we picked up the pace a lot the last two miles). It was beautiful, about 48 degrees at the start and 62 at the finish. I will say it got a little warm at the end, but not bad. So very similar to predicted marathon weather, and I will be happy if that's what we have. I will be even happier if I finish before it hits 60 degrees.

So I was thinking I should get my hair cut next week before we leave Thursday.....now I definitely want to - everyone else is doing it!

Elina, root for St. Louis. I grew up about 90 miles north of there and my family is full of St. Louis fans for all the sports. Mostly baseball, which I find boring, but the rest of them are huge St. Louis Cardinals fans.

Liz, that sucks on the Fenix. I did end up loaning my 235 to my neighbor, I hope I don't regret it! My Fenix has not had any problems though, so I should be okay. And Kathryn mentioned having her Fenix 3 if needed. But I will be fine. Everything will be awesome and amazing and good. I am glad the Launch is working for you - for some reason they fit me just a little bit funny, and I can't run more than 3-4 without starting to get a blister on my left foot. I don't have that problem with the more expensive Glycerins, just the Launch. May have to check out the adidas ones HCK mentioned now.

HCK, I noticed the loudness of the Wave Riders but thought it was just me. One of my baby runners told me once she always knew it was me coming up behind her because I landed "loud", so now I'm self conscious about it anyway. So I thought maybe I was hearing things, but apparently not!

Damaris, get yourself some Gatorade! And enjoy the nice easy 4 today.

Excited about our quick little trip. We can't check into the campsite until 3, so not leaving here until noon earliest. It probably will get stressful and annoying at one point with two poorly behaved dogs, one of which gets anxious and pants a lot. I will probably not sleep well. But I'm not gonna focus on that. It will be fun. At times.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Things are looking up - overnight low of 47, still in the 50s by noon, winds 10-12 mph. Yes, please. And when I click on the hourly forecast, it shows cloudy, 48 degrees, feels like 43 for the start at 7 am. Feels like temp at noon of 52.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Things are looking up - overnight low of 47, still in the 50s by noon, winds 10-12 mph. Yes, please. And when I click on the hourly forecast, it shows cloudy, 48 degrees, feels like 43 for the start at 7 am. Feels like temp at noon of 52.

Is that Accuweather?  it's the only one showing that low.  Both weather.gov and weather.com have the highs in the high 60s and lows in the 50s (party poopers!).  Better than before and no rain but rain the next day so hoping it does not move to Sunday.

If you let me choose, I would take the feels like 52F at noon forecast, ha.

Have fun on your trip to OH!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Is that Accuweather?  it's the only one showing that low.  Both weather.gov and weather.com have the highs in the high 60s and lows in the 50s.  Better than before and no rain but rain the next day so hoping it does not move to Sunday.

If you let me choose, I would take the feels like 52F at noon forecast, ha.

Have fun on your trip to OH!

Weather Underground. I find them usually more accurate than weather.com. Yesterday they were more like 50/64, so I'm hoping their trend is right. I don't even look at accuweather.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, yeah!  I keep forgetting they are around come race day!  Off to stalk. Smile

Yeah, the rain stops earlier than expected which has been bringing some nice cooldowns.  Hope it continues a bit more but better than it was a day ago even.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Karen, ok, STL Blues it is Smile

Edit: it's Dallas vs Nashville, my mistake. Oh well. Go Dallas Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not stopped coughing since I woke up. 🙄🙄🙄. I have one day in the office (Monday) and hope not to get sick with that mold. I was there yesterday so wondering if it was that.

Damaris

LC Runs

4.6 this morning, I ended up seeing my BRF and her hubs so I caught up to them and ran most of my route with them. It was fun, haven't run with anyone in a while!

Went downstate today to BF's sisters for Easter, was a nice day though of course I ate too much, bleh.  Going out to eat tomorrow with 3/4 of the kids and my ex MIL/FIL/SIL/BIL "LOL".

Hi Elina - thanks for starting us off today!

Hi Half K!!

Lizzie - YUM, Pizza and cake!!  That is great that Garmin has such a good customer service dept, bummer about the Fenix.  I am loving my Launches!

Damaris - hope you had a good 4! I'm glad it looks like the rain is gone for next Sunday!  Do not get sick, Girl!!

Karen - have a great trip!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

No gym today since they are closed. I think I am going to do that Thursday Body Pump class again this week. Any soreness should be gone by Sunday Smile SO EXCITED FOR A WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

Yesterday was fun! Lots of food and laughs. Oh, and my hair looks good so thats a plus. We are heading to HCF's parents house today. I have to bring my anxiety pills with me LOL. They are one of those families that all talk at the same time so there are multiple people trying to have conversations with you at once. It happens ALL DAY. Sometimes my mind just goes nuts. Haha.

I have to do a little work this morning to prep for my travels this week. And pack!

Happy Easter everyone!!

Kilmisters – YES, it is the expensive one. It is only 4 months old! SWEET on the bonus covering your trip! That is nice 😊

Run4kupcakes – I think they did my watch exchange this way because I said it was URGENT. Haha. I would have rather done it the way you did. I hate having that kinda money just sitting out on my credit card.

Docket – Ugh on the headache. Interesting about the Gatorade. I have also been slacking on the hydration since I have been cutting back the miles. Sigh. NO GETTING SICK!!

Karen – Nice run yesterday! Weather sounds almost perfect. The other bonus is, there will be no humidity in Ohio! Your updated weather forecast made my day yesterday! I am so so excited. I am actually nervous to wear the Launches for the race. I did wear Launches for a race once – the Baltimore Marathon – and they felt great! I am hoping for the same this go around. I would have used the Glycerin’s but they don’t agree with my feet for really long runs. Great for everyday training shoes though. I have loved the Mizunos for so long!!! I am so disappointed this go around. I hope you are having a great time this weekend!

Laura – Nice miles yesterday. LOL, your day sounds very interesting today 😉 Are you wearing your Launches for race day?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2