Womens Running

Doughnut you know its FRIYAY?! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

See what I did there? 

National Doughnut Day!!! I know someone (Damaris) who loves doughnuts..who else?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

14.1 for me.

As I put on my Strava run today, wiping dead bugs off my face for 14 miles is not my idea of a good time. I hate Summer. The rain that was promised did not come until I was done. In fact, it is pouring right now. Man, this would have felt good about 2 hours ago. When I walked outside I told myself that 10 was fine (not like I am in training right now Wink ) but surprisingly, I felt pretty good so I did what I intended to do Smile Won't be going much further as far as long runs while I am not training. Probably up to 16. Its done and I feel good!

I have to head over to the Safelite windshield place at 9. Rock hit my windshield a while ago and since its been so hot, the crack spread. They can't come to me because my windshield is "fancy'. LOL - lane detection, etc. I guess it needs calibrating. At least my insurance covers it all!

Hoping for a quiet easy day today. Ready for a low key weekend Smile Its going to be a rainy one which I don't mind. I have a lot of indoor chores to do. That includes wedding chores.

Docket – I am sure you could get much more for your money in Indy! Where this lot is, is about 20 minutes outside of Richmond – which is why the land is so cheap. That area is growing so fast though. Hoping for some good news today!

Run4kupcakes – Nice run! It is SO HUMID today!

Margaret – Smart idea with the snowball 😊OMG. You MOST DEFINITLY deserved wine instead of being active last night 😊 I’d say for at least a week 😊

OH DOUGHNUTS - Not really a huge fan. Don't get me wrong, I love them. Especially the ones with icing and sprinkles - hehe. But I am always starving 15 minutes after I eat them. I feel like its wasted calories. Just not my thing I guess!

Happy FRIYAY!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

How did my day start...hmm...pouring rain, traffic is horrible...and my Safelite windshield apt isn't until NEXT Friday. OF COURSE!!! UGH. Too early for wine?

Anonymous Guest

Good morning!  I started working on a project this morning to make key tags with individual QR codes for each member of my running group so coaches could check them in and we'd know when someone stops showing up and we can then bug them. The good news - got it all figured out and they are going to look awesome. And it works! The bad news - I worked right through the time to leave to get to body pump and didn't realize it. So I will be missing that this morning. Rest day from running, so instead of body pump I will do a kettlebell workout at home. And go to body pump on Monday morning to make up for today.

I haven't always been a big doughnut fan, but the last couple years, I've come to really love them. Notice a trend about these food days? I LOVE THEM ALL. This is why I run tons of miles.

Margaret, I like the way you think! If we get the cabin (or something like it), SOB in 2020! And really any year after that. I was looking at it online and it looks like a good one. In 2020 DH will theoretically still be working (he's going to try for at least one year after 55, which happens next May), so the cabin would be in rental mode most of that summer and we can just block off the dates we want. And he won't be around to roll his eyes and shake his head because we're about to do something crazy.

Liz, what a frustrating start to your morning! 14 miles in that crap is pretty darn awesome though. Hey, we are supposed to be getting a cold front middle of next week. Overnight lows down into the upper 60s for three days straight! Maybe it will come your way after.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  My massage therapist worked my ass for an hour and it feels much better.  It's my Friday off and I have 6, Pilates and a massage.

I don't know if I mentioned here that I was invited to be part of the peer review team for the next 2-3 years and I get to train in DC later this month. It's extra work but it's a great experience and good for your resume, whether I stay here or go to Indy.

Liz, yay donuts.  I don't like all donuts as not all donuts are made equal.  Only KK.

Karen, those sound so modern and awesome!

Damaris

Seloc

I like donuts well enough - old fashioned are my favorite when I do eat them.

Gatsby - woohoo - high five to wine over activity - you EARNED it!  not only from last weekend but oof on that commute.  Hope you are WFH today.  As much as I've been around snow, 99% of the time it is COLD out so it's hard for me to understand wanting to smash a snowball on my bare skin LOL.  Definitely a great way to cool off, however!  Am I reading that right??  Two weeks to another 50K?!!  You rockstar you!

HCK - nice workout last night!!  Do you have trouble sleeping after that?  For me, if I were to work out that hard that late in the day, it keeps me awake!  What's next for you?

Damaris - glad the therapist got you all put back together!  He comes to the house?  That's awesome.  LOL I laughed at your meme.  Tick tock is RIGHT!!  Happy day off Friday!!

Liz - fun about the build.  A brand new house AND a trip to Alaska??  2020 has some big things in store for you guys.  Nice run.  Sorry for the windshield scheduling SNAFU.  Hope you have a great low key weekend.

Kat - so you don't have to go back for JD at all?  Glad you didn't have to sit around all day yesterday!  I used to watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette but not anymore.  All the drama made me roll my eyes LOL.  Plus, all the commercials drove me batty.  No DVR over here.  Oh yeah, I usually have a fleece at work for the A/C.  I have to remember to bring it now that it's summer.  I totally get the long sleeves but don't you get hot outside, then?

Carol - no DOUBT your little leggies were tired after 20 and then racing a 5K.  What's on tap this weekend?  Two weeks, baby!!  Can start weather stalking next week!!  

Cathy - I used to have a heater at work but got in trouble for it - fire hazard or something.  Oops.  Heck, bring both the girls!  As long as you are all fine shacking up together it's fine by me.  I don't have a huge place by any means but it would be fun to have them.  Though, be warned, Leo takes awhile to warm up to people.  He did eventually come out for Karen and Liz.    Oh, I wouldn't say I'm an exceptionally fast reader - just been binge reading lately and not watching much TV.  That gives me 3-4 hours a night so I have been plowing through the books.  Plus, these recent ones have been pretty quick reads.  I'm purposely slowing down on I Like My Life because it's so dang sad.  Mostly because it hits a bit close to home with the dead mother part (not the suicide part )  OMG staying up until 10pm?  That IS late!  One of the girls at the gym was just lamenting that she hasn't been able to get to bed before 11pm with two teenagers and a 10 year old and it's messing with her workouts.

Karen - haha yeah, I'm not taking ANY more book recs from YOU.  KIDDING.    Good plan to do the long run tomorrow when you are forced to wake up earlier anyway.  Bummer you missed BP!  You must have been focused.  So you are MAKING the QR codes?  Well, aren't you fancy!!  That is really cool, though.  Oh, and Imma just gonna hate you for loving your upcoming cold front.  Cuz, you know where that is coming from, right??  Means, chilly willy up here next week!!  But, I'll give ya this one week break from your nasty stuff  

Just same ol same ol Friday around here.  TRX/Bells class and biked there and back.  Went heavier and I'm pretty sure I will regret it tomorrow.  Was all prepared to cancel after this session but had too much social fun this morning that I'm not sure I want to give up!  Plus, one of the girls was missing so I didn't feel so crowded in my corner.

No big plans for the weekend.  Planning to run in Mpls tomorrow where it isn't quite so hilly.  Supposed to be quite warm and sunny so will likely spend a fair amount of time on the patio.  Hopefully will remember to watch the Belmont Stakes even though there is no Triple Crown potential this year.  Sunday having coffee with a friend and am supposed to check in on another friend's kit kat but she has yet to get me a key so not sure what's up with that.  Have a great weekend!!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Hmmm, your Friday did not start out to great...hoping it ends better!  Are you guys doing a trip to Alaska in 2020???  Of all the places I have been, i would love to go back there!  It is amazing.  I am not a “cruise” type person, but the Alaska cruises are so different and you see so much.

Karen - Those key chain thingies sound cool...aren’t you clever !

Damarias - DC sounds fun to go to for training!

Sandy - Nice bike and TRX class - too funny about the socialization part!  I have already started weather stalking....I know, pretty darn worthless at this point...LOL.

Did someone say Oregon in 2020...I’m all ears about it!!!!  I’m on a mission to get/keep getting some fun runs in!

6 with RB #1, am going out for another 6 with RB#2.  I don’t ever break up my runs, but I wanted to do some miles when it got warmer today, just cause we haven’t had much warm weather....

Carol

Anonymous Guest

So you are MAKING the QR codes?  Well, aren't you fancy!! 

I am so freaking impressed with myself. First I made a google check-in form. Then did a Google sheet with a QR Code Generator add-in. Then ordered self-laminating key tags (like auto repair places use) from Amazon. Those don't get here until next week, but I went ahead and made QR codes for the coaches using the QR code generator, and then set them up for tags using an Avery template. And they work! Any one of the coaches (well, really anyone can do it, so I guess someone could scan themselves in from home and go back to bed) can just scan the QR code and it pulls up the check-in form populated with that person's info, then they just hit submit. I still have to figure out if I can automatically send that to another sheet, or if I have to go into the form and download after the run.

Edited to add: another organizer figured all of this out and sent me links to youtube videos. I would not have even known where to start if I were trying to do this myself.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Karen - that is SO AWESOME!  The nerdy side of me LOVES that stuff.  I remember when QR codes first came out I thought I was so clever I posted one on my FB page with a message LOL.  What a fun project!

To clarify - when QR codes became readable with smart phones.  Obviously they have been around longer than FB 

Carol - that's a great idea of getting some warmer weather miles in.  Plus, with an RB!  Well, hey, maybe the longer you weather stalk, the more favorable results!!

Man oh man oh man it is going to be reallllllly hard to stay at work this afternoon....

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Donut Friyay!  I'm not a huge donut fan, but I will eat one if they are sitting around.    Rest day but I walked 5 miles on the TM this morning to get my steps in, then did my lower body strength.  I was thinking that I should do some upper body stuff once in awhile or I will get a bit unbalanced.    The in-laws have a friend visiting from out of town so they invited us to dinner tonight.  Tomorrow is younger DD's "end of the school year" party.  Sunday we have to go shopping for gifts for the teachers.  Last day of school is Monday, I'm a little behind.   

Lizzie, wow, nice long run!   Bummer that you can't get your crack fixed.    It's nice not having rain here for a change!  The river has been really high.  7 acres and a new house?  That would be awesome!  Lots of changes coming your way!  My weekend will be fun if I make it to Sunday.    DD has a ton planned for her party!  I will need that long run on Sunday.  

Karen, those QR codes are pretty cool!

Damaris, glad you are feeling better!  Cool about being selected for the peer review team!  Do you have something in your shower to catch all your hair?  The females in our family lose an amazing amount of hair in the shower.  

Sandy, I don't know, it's nice to get away from the kids once in awhile.    With summer coming we will spend lots of time together.    Animals generally really like me, because you know, I'm allergic.    I Like My Life does get a bit more upbeat.  I just started The Astonishing Color of After.  The DD's have been staying up late too, they are getting excited for summer.  It's hard to get them to go to bed when it's daylight!    Enjoy the awesome weather!  I have to think of an excuse to skip out of work early...

Carol, doing doubles today?    Good idea to get out and enjoy the weather while it's warm and not humid!  The new training plan will be interesting.  Lots of goal pace running and tempo.  Tempo is my least favorite pace to run.  If this weather holds you should have excellent weather for Grandma's.  I am excited for you!  Enjoy the taper! 

Kat, nice that you got out of jury duty!  Enjoy the week on the couch.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I knew you and HCF were thinking of a house on acreage, but I didn't realize you were that close!!  Sorry about the windshield.

Karen, I didn't see pics of the cabin on your link.  Cool idea though, hope it works out.  I would be a maybe for SOB in 2020 if there is a FE.  I already have Oregon, but who cares.  Not sure how work would feel, I have about 5-6 weeks already planned off in Mar/May...

Damaris, Boston Cream with the chocolate wiped off the top.  Blech.

Sandy, I just got the DVR since I started working into the night.

Carol, I am with you on not being overly fond of cruises, but Alaska is indeed supposed to be spectacular on a cruise.  One of the better ways to see it apparently.

Cathy, I wish it was a lazy week on the couch, or even weekend.  Alas, it was just yesterday.

Indeed, I never made it off the couch yesterday.  Two naps, then I fell asleep on it.  Got up around 1230/1 and went to bed.  Not overly pleased as I slept in until 10:30 this morning.  Now it is 90 out with a feels like 97.  Sigh...

Tomorrow is REI's garage sale and then I need to get the pups vaccinated.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen – Have to be honest…had no idea what a QR code was until you posted that picture. LOL. Awesome awesome job! What a great idea.

Docket – Glad you are feeling better! And a massage today, too??! Nice! Totally agree with the peer review team – great experience and looks great on the resume! Good luck on the run tonight. BTW – my favorite doughnuts are KK.

Sandy – Nice workout this morning! Its nice that you can bike there and back..with your many many trails. Jealous. Haha, on social fun. That’s awesome! Your weekend sounds perfect!! Your weather sure will be. I am with you on not being able to sleep after working out late. I tried to do the late in the afternoon thing many moons ago. Didn’t work for me! HCF goes around 10pm and sleeps like a baby. Weirdo. I am hoping we can still do Alaska next year! I haven’t heard back from Ann yet. I am thinking she might be on vacation? I will wait until next week to reach out again. But, yes, 2020 is looking GOOD!! We need a good year. 😉

Carol – Love your idea on the run this morning. Except the warmer weather part 😉 We are planning a trip to Alaska in 2020, yes! Hopefully it isn’t too expensive..we are still in the pricing/inquiring stage. I told HCF, that if kids are not happening..then we are traveling to somewhere new every year. The kids topic has been coming up more frequently lately..so I can’t say “never” to that. I want to get in Alaska in case anything changes! I hear such great things about it. I am sure you need multiple trips there to see everything! We are hoping to do land + sea.

Cathy – Walked 5 miles on the treadmill?! Wow! Nice job. That would be hard to not run 😊 I guess you got your steps in alright! Enjoy your weekend! It sounds like a lot of extroverting and very exhausting 😊 I have a hard time going to bed when its light out, too. They will learn to love bed time as they get older 😉

Kathryn – We’ve been talking about this land and house for a while..we thought it was about time we look into it before the land gets scooped up! Its lakefront and it’s a STEAL. I am laughing – you have the entire month of May off!! 😊 Sounds great! Hehe. Oh boy REI is having a sale??? Lazy days are good days if you ask me 😊

Ready for this work day to be ovvverrrr!!! Trying to decide what to have for dinner.

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lizzie, I knew you and HCF were thinking of a house on acreage, but I didn't realize you were that close!!  Sorry about the windshield.

Karen, I didn't see pics of the cabin on your link.  Cool idea though, hope it works out.  I would be a maybe for SOB in 2020 if there is a FE.  I already have Oregon, but who cares.  Not sure how work would feel, I have about 5-6 weeks already planned off in Mar/May...

Damaris, Boston Cream with the chocolate wiped off the top.  Blech.

Sandy, I just got the DVR since I started working into the night.

Carol, I am with you on not being overly fond of cruises, but Alaska is indeed supposed to be spectacular on a cruise.  One of the better ways to see it apparently.

Cathy, I wish it was a lazy week on the couch, or even weekend.  Alas, it was just yesterday.

Indeed, I never made it off the couch yesterday.  Two naps, then I fell asleep on it.  Got up around 1230/1 and went to bed.  Not overly pleased as I slept in until 10:30 this morning.  Now it is 90 out with a feels like 97.  Sigh...

Tomorrow is REI's garage sale and then I need to get the pups vaccinated.

K

That's not a donut, that's like a cake, lol.  I don't like anything else than glazed donuts.  everything else is not worth the calories to me.

Damaris

LC Runs

Hey Girls!!

3.5 for me this morning, it's actually hot here today (80 degrees) though I went out fairly early when it was 59.  I am not currently signed up for any races which is nice because I can just do whatever! I may look for a fall Half since this is the perfect time to train.

Errands and cleaning today.  My younger kids have 4 more days of high school. I took youngest to the SOS today for his Level 1 Drivers License....and the fun begins again LOL!

Lizzie - I can believe it on the bugs, they are bad around here, too.  I used SafeLight last year, they picked up my car and brought it back a few hours later (I had let a rock hit develop into a total crack along the entire windshield of course). I am not a big fan of donuts either, I like them but if I eat sugar for breakfast, it's all I want all day and I feel so gross.

Karen - that QR code is cool though I'm like Lizzie and didn't really know what it was until you posted it! So exciting about the possible Oregon home!

Damaris - I got a massage today, too. It was much needed!  Cool about Peer Review!  Have you heard anymore about the job, I know you said they were calling references.

Hey Sandy!  Whoo hoo on our weekend weather!!  Sounds like a patio/beer/wine weekend to me!!

Carol - I would like to try an Alaskan cruise!  Smart move to get some warm weather runs in before Grandmas!

Cathy - good job for getting in some walking for your steps!!  Isn't the end of the year crazy busy??

Kat - ugh that weather would definitely make me tired!

Calling it a day early!  Blergh, draining week at work -- couple of hearings, some tough cases.  Have to go into the office tomorrow too, bah humbug.  So I'm logging off and taking a couple hours to myself this afternoon.  Sunny and windy here, temps in the 60s, going for a walk shortly.   Will put the Warriors game on the tube tonight because you know, bandwagon fan.  Might as well watch something while having my Friday beer.  

Doughnuts... sure, why not, I'm a fan of anything sweet.

Lizzie, eww on the dead bugs on your face but nice miles.  Hope the rain helps with the humidity.  Good luck with the windshield.  Is it leaking water or just a surface crack?  Either way, what a pain.

Karen, I wasn't 100% sure what a QR code was either... thanks for the visual.  No pressure on getting that OR place, but I'm already looking forward to it.... 

Carol, would be fun to see you in OR!

Damaris, on the peer review team, what do you review?  My office has an informal peer review system for the briefs we submit in court, but there's talk of making the process more organized.

Sandy, at the race last weekend, it was a weird feeling to be trudging through snow and yet feeling hot.  Next race is a 50k on 6/22.  Going to get some more altitude training there, prepping for Tahoe in July.  Yep, worked from home today, yay.  Enjoy that sunny patio.

Turtles, lol on Lizzie's crack    I remember when I used to be able to do tempo runs... well, I guess I still can, but the tempo is now quite leisurely.

Kat, oooh, REI garage sale.  That's my kind of sale!  I actually need some new trail shoes.

MTA:  Hi LC!  Cross posted.

Ok, later kids!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR