Womens Running

LATE START FRIDAY DIVAS! (Read 16 times)

POrun

Post. Am I really the first one here?

POrun

Happy Friday! I still have to look through the rest of yesterday's posts and try to get in some more personals to those of you that post later in the day.

RR: Ran 4.5 miles last night, including speedwork for the first time since 2012!!!! Today is a SRD, then tomorrow will be 6 miles run and 20 mile bike. Sunday will be open water swim, run, swim.

NRR: DH gets back home today. He said he got to enjoy the low humidity and 70 degree weather and actually went for a run on his own up in MN. I have work today, so that's not very fun, but it's pay day, and almost the weekend!!!

Meli: I don't know how you do a 5 hour bike ride! That's crazy!!!!

EMG: I think I'll actually email you today! (if you're lurking)

Happy Friday ladies!

SassySparky

PO - I was going to post at 5:30 before my workout but decided to wait so I'd have more to talk about, haha! Great  job on speedwork! Your weekend sounds busy and active. Yay for DH coming home!

RR: Did an "easy 6" this morning on a really hilly route that I haven't done since June. It was tough! Having your first mile all uphill really can be a buzz kill. I did my normal easy pace and probably should have slowed it down a bit because I'm beat now.

NRR: Lab meeting this morning then more work with my undergrad. I am starting another big experiment this afternoon that will be done in a month. I also need to get some forms filled out and submitted to the university so I can start a whole new set of experiments that I'm really excited about.  I'm looking forward to the weekend!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

Morning! Posting from my phone so excuse my ridiculous autocorrect...

rr: 7 miles at 5:10 this morning! Felt amazing, cool and I got to watch the sun come up.

Nrr: headed to the beach in a few for the weekend! My friend from college is getting married on a dock... Should be fun!! The inlaws are coming to babysit Smile

have a great weekend!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

OJewel

Morning!

PO - Great job on the speedwork! And I'll bet youre glad DH is back! Hope the work day flies by.

Sassy - Nice job on the 6! Agreed, having the first mile be up hill is tough. My first mile is always really, really slow anyways.

MA - At first I thought you said your friend was getting married on a duck...not a dock...ha, Friday brain! Anyway, great job on the early 7 and have a wonderful weekend away at the wedding!

RR - JM's kickboxing this morning. This weekend I have an 18 and an 8 miler planned. We'll see what order I do them in.

NRR - Just putting the finishing touches on my paren'ts 60th birthday party tomorrow. Not much to do, really, since its at a restaurant. Just need to get some picture frames for some of the pictures I have. I will truly be glad when this is all over though. Today is working, getting my nails done, and hopefully going to bed early. Somehow, I'm just not in the mood today for work.

Have a great day!

taylorma1

RR: late start for me too. I haven't been sleeping well lately and have nothing to do today, so I slept in, will eat some breakfast, then head out for an 11 mile run with some MP miles thrown in. Another gorgeous day here for it too

NRR: stressed out day yesterday. Starting to feel overwhelmed with how much I have to do with my program, but I felt a little better last night when DBF and I were walking around exploring the town. Ice cream helped too lol

PO-woo for speedwork. Glad DH is coming home today

Sassy-that's exciting that you are getting to do lots of experiments now. Hilly routes are tough. I need to start getting used to them around here

MA-love seeing the sun rise on my runs. Enjoy the beach this weekend

Jewel-have fun at your parent's party. Good luck on the 18 this weekend

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Maybe that yoga class tonight, not sure what time it will be, though. Jogs with Dogs tomorrow morning.

NRR: Friday! I slept like a log last night from the ST, and I'm sure my legs will feel the DOMS tomorrow. Still busy at work but I'm hoping to take the whole weekend off! Well, maybe a few hours on Sunday, but really, I am ready to have my weekends to myself. Just have to meet the deadlines.

PO - Hurray for speekdwork! I'm happy for you your DH is coming home. What is he cooking you for dinner?

Sassy - Dang, yeah a hill first thing throws off the rest of the run. Way to hang in there!

MA - I saw your post about your run on FB, and I briefly thought,"Well, having a kid would be an effective alarm clock," but the rest of it isn't for me. Enjoy your weekend at the beach!

Jewel - Is that standard operating procedure to have an 18 and an 8 back to back like that? Have fun at your parents' party - I'm sure they'll love it!

OJewel

Taylor - Sorry you are stressed out! I am glad ice cream helped, ha. When is your marathon?

Outwest - I know what you mean, working on weekends always bums me out but sometimes its gotta be done. I should probably put in a few hours this weekend too, but I'd rather not. Hal Hidgon's intermediate plans have you go semi long the day before your long run, sometime easy, and sometimes at MP. There are a lot of people who do not like his plans for that reason. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it works well for me.

taylorma1

Jewel-it is on September 28th, so coming up pretty soon. I already have my next one in site too, and it will be a trail marathon in December

melrunner

Good morning girls!

PO I don't know how we do 5 on the bike. The most we do is 6 which is equivalent to about 100 and I want to do about 5 100 milers! C cooks for me too!!! I clean and set the table! enjoy your workouts. You should come workout with us here one weekend and let P go fishing!!

Sassy on Sat LRs we start right by the bridge (only hill here) so we typically do a mile warm up in opposite direction So by the time we reach the Jill we are already at mile 2.

MA great job with your run! Have a great weekend wedding!!!

Jewel enjoy your parents party!!!

Taylor how are you liking your phd classes?

OWR, enjoy your run with the dogs tomorrow!!

TriR: did spinning this morning. 1.5 mile OWS after work.

NtriR after the swim we are having pasta dinner with our tri friends at our place. First time we host a dinner (informal) of 10!!! Pasta since we all have long runs tomorrow!!

Have a great day!!

taylorma1

meli-they are not too terrible. My Cell Biology/Histology class is going to be kind of hard,  but my Gross Anatomy class I think I will really enjoy. I am also taking an education class in a week, and that shouldn't be too bad either

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: nada. we both decided we're taking it off. Smile 10 miles on tap for tomorrow.

NRR: work, then off to M's parents house on the lake. Hoping for some golfing and fishing and work. I'm taking my computer with to see if I can get some stuff done...

sheesh.started this 2 hours ago adn got distracted by work. just got out of first meeting for the day.

Po: yay for your DH home today!

sassy: I'm with you on the first mile uphill challenge! way to go on the run!

MA: yay for an awesome run for you! I'm looking forward to the 10 tomorrow.... will be peaceful.

back later!

SassySparky

MA - great job getting out there that early! even though I wake up at 5:30, by the time I get dressed, eat and drink coffee I can never hit the road before 6. Maybe I should try running on an empty stomach again ... HAVE FUN this weekend!

Jewel - Wow that's a lot of mileage! I just saw your post yesterday about your marathon. Yep,I'm aiming for 4:10-4;15, but since it's my first full I'll be happy with <4:30, I think. My mileage tops out around 41 miles per week, with a 20 mile long run. Most of the weeks are 34-36 miles total. I'm pretty happy with the plan although I am currently in disbelief that I have 14 more weeks of training ahead of me.

Taylor - just take a little bit at a time; grad school seems like a daunting task at the outset but it's kind of like eating an elephant!

OWR - I almost never work on weekends unless it's absolutely necessary. We need the time to recharge!

Meli - unfortunately the opposite direction from the hill is a big construction site (which is how I normally run, but it's been closed all summer).

Lizo - enjly the day off and the evening with family

SassySparky

EMG - if you're here, thanks for posting about the 610!! I'm thinking about it more often! My Garmin gave me trouble to start this morning ... I'm going to wait for it to really die before I spring for a new one but I know what I want now!! How are you doing, BTW? Are you done with law school????

NorCal

Morning girls!

Late check-in for me today! Happy Friday, everyone! Smile

RR. Got in a nice 5 miler this morning.

NRR. Just seeing one client today and packing for our backpacking trip this weekend. We're leaving tomorrow and will be back on Monday. Can't wait! We're hiking into an alpine (8,000+ feet elevation) lake and spending 2 nights there. It's about a 5 mile hike, which is perfect for L, he can't do much more then that. But at almost 13 y.o. I'm just happy he can still do this with us!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34