Womens Running

Thrills, No Chills Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

After a slow start this week needs to have a thrill come along.

Marjorie-safe travels!

Sue-yeah for new fur ever homes.  Love that name for it too.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did about 10 minutes of running with the rest of the 35 minutes being cardio DVD. There were storms all around so I went directly home after work.

Plants seem to be happy. They are now getting rain and breezes.

Track run today after work. I look forward to it.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good morning,

Philmont training for yesterday: 2.0 miles with colleague (the one who is recovering from knee surgery) and 2.1 miles with DH.  Both slow and steady. 

Tired this morning and stressed.. too much to do. Too little time.  Data added to manuscript.  Now have to meet with colleague to remove about a page-worth of material to get it down to max page length.  Have to teach tomorrow and haven't looked at the material since last summer (its for a teen program) so I need to do that.  Have students that need attention.  And a crew leader that is expecting me to drop everything so he can install a modum and test it on my laptop (which he wants me to take).  Damn if something happens we can use one of the plethora of smart phones to access the internet.  We don't need my laptop.  Argh!!!! Sorry for the vent.

Back later (hopefully) for personals but thought I would stop by to say hi.

Susan

Anonymous Guest

It's Thursday!!! Which means practically Friday which is the weekend. Woohoo.

6 miles yesterday after work, 94 at the start, down to a practically chilly 90 when I finished. With a dewpoint of 75. Miserable weather, but I just slowed it down a bit and it was fine.

Marjorie, you must be exhausted. This has been a heck of a work trip. I hope you are able to relax and take it easy this weekend.

Susan, um, if the crew leader dude wants a laptop, he can take his own damn laptop. Who takes a laptop on a hiking trip? And he doesn't expect you to carry it does he? I agree with you, smartphones can do anything you may want a laptop for. Ahh, the mad rush to get everything done before leaving town. I guess that's one advantage I have of not having enough vacation time to actually take a real vacation - no trying to get a million things done before, and then coming back to another million things that have popped up when you were gone. (Work with me here, I really want a week-long vacation like everyone else in my office seems to be taking this summer.)

Morning Lisa and Judy!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My flight leaves shortly. I'm tired after all these long days.

Susan hope for reduced stress.

Karen it has. My travel usually is not such long days every day for 7 in a row. At least I had some time yesterday to do a few things. Still several hours work when I got back to hotel last night. Amazingly I am pretty caught up. Glad I can be very focused and get stuff done quickly.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for 5.2 miles this morning. It was much more of a struggle than Monday and yesterday were. I did discover a new bike path, though, which gives me a bit more variety.

The boys are having a great beach vacation. They love spending time with their cousins. And, I must say, it's getting easier for DH and me now that they're getting a bit older. I've been watching my BIL chase my 3-year-old niece around, and I'm glad mine aren't that age anymore!

Marjorie - I know you're glad to get home.

Karen - I don't know how you run in those temps. I can't do it.

Susan - good luck getting everything done.

Off to get everyone covered in sunscreen and head to the ocean. Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Good Morning!!  Rode 18 miles + 2 mile run this morning.

Hit the ground running at work, too.  Gonna be a busy day.

Have a great one!

ginnyb

sounds like a great vacation Cindy.  I love the ocean.  As a kid we always went to the Jersey Shore in the summer.  I loved it and haven't been since my youngest was 3, so it's been a long time.  Enjoy the days you have left.  Nice run this morning too!

Marjorie....sure you are glad to be headed home.  Sounds like a long week for you.  Your doggies will be so happy to see you!

Lisa...hope you get some thrills today.  Good ones!

Judy...we had storms around all night also.

Hi susan....sorry your life is so hectic right now.

Karen....you always manage to get a run in no matter what.  I don't know how you do it after work.

Morning Sue...glad you foster dog has a home.

Ran 5 miles this morning.  Very, very humid, but I did fine.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

8 miles this morning and you'd think I went through a monsoon.  NOT that I am complaining about the heat.  Will remember dripping sweaty clothes the next time I have to assess the trade off of glasses to shield eyes from cold or balaclava to cover nose since both at same time leads to iced over glasses, or when I'm putting a pair of pants on over running tights, or 2 pairs of gloves.  I will take the humidity and heat.

Ginny-I take my thrills how ever I can get them.

Karen-so have you booked and registered yet?

Judy-happy plants!!

Susan-my thoughts too...you're NOT carrying a laptop on a hike are you??

Marjorie-you'll sleep well tonight!

Cindy-enjoy your varied run!

Sue-riding that far sounds like a lot!

Lisa