Womens Running

Warm it up WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its going to be 60 today thru Wednesday. Dont hate me.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 easy miles for me. Heading to core class here in a few.

Easy miles that were at OMP (old marathon pace Wink ). Felt easy anyway. I struggled actually getting out the door but the run was pretty good. It was 35!! Took my gloves off midway through. 35-40 is my perfect temperature. I wish it could be like this year round - cold in the morning - high 50's in the afternoon! Anyway, this ends me at 46+ for the week. Next week will be my first ever attempt at 60 miles! I am scared.

Had my cake some cake last night MMMM. I am so mad at myself about that dumb cake. I accidentally ordered the HUGE one. It has a lot more layers and was $30 MORE. UGH. I seriously was really mad about it..who can spend $60 on cake?! Not me really. Oh well it was my own fault. I will freeze some but I wish I could ship some to all of you! Smile

Heading up to my parents place this afternoon. Dinner and gifts. Should be fun! I want HCBF to stop by this neighborhood on the way up..we are thinking of building in a few years (after a ring of course Smile ) but we saw this neighborhood online that has large lots and the homes are gorgeous! I just want to see for myself Smile

Docket - BEEN THERE. Regarding the bathroom issue. Haha. Been there too many times. They make fun of me at work. I say I am one with nature Smile Obviously they aren’t runners or they would understand!

Laura - Ahh..hours and time off is a good trade off for a little lower pay if you ask me. But I can see how it is hard to find people! How long have you been there?

Tessa - Ruger does not bark. Nope. Someone knocks at the door - no barking. The only time he barks is if we put him in the crate and leave. I think if we had an intruder he would lick them to death Smile But you know I have read that dogs sense your feelings..so if he knew I was in trouble he might spring into action. I am not sure. Nice lunchtime miles! Speaking of tummy issues to Damaris, that is the number 1 reason why I couldn’t do a lunchtime run. Do you ever have any issues?

Sandy - Agree with you on the guns. I have been to a shooting range before but they scare me. I am not opposed to HCBF having them or anything like that..I just personally don’t feel comfortable. And if it came down to it..I wouldn’t be able to use it. UNLESS it was a spider. Smile Family cat living 18 years?! Is that normal for cats?! I wish dogs lived that long! OH okay - I had never heard of VFW.  Smile Haha, 4am is still early. VERY early!

Feels good not to be freezing post run! Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Going to be 60's here this weekend too....was -17 on Tuesday...crazy weather.  Have the farrier coming today for the horses then I'm going to go have lunch with DD and DGD.  Can't wait.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have OTF and 5 miles total for today.  Slept 9 hours.

Lizzie, nice run!  Enjoy the weather!

Diane, enjoy the lunch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

5 miles this morning, totally perfect outside, it was about 32 with no wind.  I am so happy!!  Just hanging around the house today, I have a few projects to work on and I'm going to try and get some things set aside for out Florida vacation which is about 3.5 weeks away!

Tomorrow I have a 10k with my BRF and her hubs, same races we did last year.  I will miss the February race since we'll be out of town but am signed up for Jan and March.  Likely not going to be my fastest 10k since 5 today was challenging, I can feel it in my legs from raising my feet higher.

Lizzie - nice run!  LOL on the cake, at least you can enjoy it for a long time!  I have been at my job for about 4.5 years.  I still like it better than my last job but the past few months have been tough.  The paperwork aspect is a real drain (it's a Medicaid funded program) but when you have someone fun to work with it's bearable.  Luckily, the current staff is a good group, let's hope all of us stick this out!

Diane - this weather is great!  Hope you have a great lunch!

Damaris - glad you got a good night's sleep!  Have a good workout and run!

Anonymous Guest

3 easy miles for me this morning with my group, followed by breakfast. They brought me flowers. Love my baby runners.

And now I am catching a cold. See what happens when I take 5 days off from running? Nothing good!

Liz, I read somewhere recently that it takes three years of marathon training cycles to really get all the benefit. So in addition to adding speedwork and mileage, you're also still benefiting from the last couple years. Hey, too much cake is a much better problem to haven than too little cake. Wait, Ruger doesn't bark? I am a little bit jealous, Riley barks at EVERYTHING.

Diane, have fun with DD and DGD! Great to hear from you yesterday that you're feeling better and your aches and pains and stuff have gone away. Keep up the good work!

Damaris, so it looks like you'll be getting some extra "sanity" miles next week. Enjoy OTF + miles today.

Laura, have a great race tomorrow! You'll do fine.

I am trying to get up the energy to do some yard work this afternoon, but so far, nothing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Local 10K this morning.  Good enough for 1st in my AG.  After the race, we did 4 miles and made it back in time for our awards.  Smile Long run done!

Check y'all later!

Woohoo! My InkNBurn Kraken capris came!

Enjoying a lazy afternoon sewing.  Ahhhhh

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay, finally the weekend. Did a little over 9 today, part on the trails at the county park. Figure I should run on trails a bit since I have a trail half in 2 weeks.

Congrats on the AG win CrazySue!

Docket_Rocket

Ran 2 @ OTF and 3 outside tonight. Took a chunk of the floor out and I bet I'll be doing this project during the government shutdown.

Laura, nice 5.

Karen, awwww.  Nice 3.

Susan, congrats on the AG!  Yay for the Krakens.  They are awesome!

HCK, nice 9.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, nice miles!!  Strange Ruger doesn't bark.  I hope you had a good time at your folks.  That's a lotta cake girl.

Diane, Isn't the warmer weather nicer!!  Hope your lunch was good.

Damaris, nice you got to sleep some.

Laura, glad your run was awesome.  How long will you be in FL for?

Karen, you CANNOT get sick.  NO.  Not allowed.  Seriously, I hope you are feeling better.

Sue, huge congrats for your AG win!  Jealous of the capris.  I love INB's capris designs, but I don't wear them.  Skirts or tights, no in between.

HCK, practice on trails is probably a good thing.

Got a few miles in around noon, about 55 out and I will admit I was just a teeny bit chilly...  I know, I'm weird.  Started trying to organize my clothes/closet, even made a goodwill pile.  Not very big since I have purged several times.  Now my bed is COVERED in clothes that don't have a spot yet.  Possibly I should finish prior to bedtime.  Ran a few errands and spent way too much money.

Have a good Saturday night all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

20 mile trail run today with a couple running buddies.  Lots of hills, worked hard, and legs are pooped!  But I got it done so that gives me some confidence for the 50k in a couple weeks.  37 degrees in the canyon when we started!  I was glad I had warmer gloves, a beanie, and a jacket.  Warmed up to 50s where the trail was higher up and more exposed in the sun.

Looks like I'm off on Monday and possibly longer due to the federal government shutdown.  Assuming we eventually get paid, I'm not too upset about a few extra days off.  Of course, that just means work will be piling up for when we return.  

Lizzie, happy birthday eve!  Enjoy dinner with the fam tonight.  Bummed that I'm too far away to help you get rid of that extra cake!  Nice "OMP" run today.  You also have a "NMP"?  Is that based on your goal time for your next race?

DHuff, 60s seems way too warm for you!  Hope you had a nice lunch.

Damaris, sounds like you will be productive during the shutdown.  I'm not actually sure what I'll be doing -- didn't really believe it would happen.

LC, have a good race tomorrow!  FL in 3.5 weeks sounds fun!

Karen, so sweet of the baby runners to get you flowers!  Hope the cold bug passes quickly.

CarzySue, yay for new capris and an AG award!

Kupcakes, nice trail miles.  No snow or slush on the trails?

Kat, I need to clean out some of our closets.  So much easier just to ignore them, though...

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

GatsbyBird, nice 20! Only snow in one spot. The .8 mile loop around the park had more snow/ice on it than the trails. Since there are no leaves on the trees, the trails got enough sun to be clear.

Docket_Rocket

Last shutdown happened during taper for my PR attempt at the Chicago Marathon. I blame the Rs for making my ovarian cyst explode and later needing to do surgery, from all the stress, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, how big WAS that cake?

Ruger doesn't bark? That's unusual.

60 miles in a week? You can do it!

And on the tummy issues at lunch...that's one advantage to running on the TM in the gym. The bathroom is close by!

Diane, -17 on Tuesday and 60s over the weekend? Wow, some difference!

Damaris, have fun with OTF and run. So the shutdown affects you?  I hadn't thought about that, that since doing bankruptcy you are in federal court the shutdown would impact you as well.

Laura, where in Florida are you going to be? I'm in the Tampa area the first weekend in March.

Karen, I think it takes years for joints to fully realize the benefit of running. Cardiovascular system and muscles benefit a lot faster.

Nice that they brought you flowers! (As long as Riley didn't eat them...)

Susan, laughing that you finished the 10K, did another 4 miles, and were still back in time for the awards. Yay on the AG win!

Kupcakes, trail runs are fun anyway, but particularly useful when you have a trail race.

Kat, you were chilly at 55? What were you wearing? Kudos to you on the closet cleanout.

Margaret, yay for a 20 on trails! That's hard work.

20 here too but not on trails. Big loop on roads, found that the day after a rainstorm can be problematic if the shoulders are really muddy. I'm not too concerned about getting dirty, but some of the mud was slippery enough to make me worry about footing and things like possibly tearing a ligament. Run started with me chasing a driver down to tell her her tire was flat -- her response was "I was wondering what that noise was!" -- and ended with witnessing a near-accident as a driver who had been parked at the side of the road pulled out in front of another car because she didn't check to see if there was anyone in the lane before she pulled away from the curb. Sigh. Good run, cold at the start, warmer later. Now it is getting windy!