Womens Running

Twinkle, Twinkle Thursday - Supermoms (Read 418 times)

runninmer

jen - Yes, J waked up crying 99% of the time.  When we were at your house, I didn't want to put you through that so when he saw me, I pulled him in to bed and then quickly got up for the day.  

shelby - J is a pretty intense little guy.  He woken up talking maybe 1 or 2 times since he was born.  That is the way he is and while we accept that it is still tough sometimes to wake up to that constantly or to hear it.  

mrszm - With the oven, that is the same situation we were in when J smashed the front of ours.  It was a few hundred dollars to fix, so we felt that buying one was a better option.  Bummer to have to do that right before Christmas.  Yeah, he sucks, but it is up to the administrators to do the firing.  That is the one thing that hasn't changed and has been my argument all along.  I don't think the union protected bad teachers, I think the administrators don't always do that part of their job in firing people.  Do you think you would be teaching with three kids?  I know you loved teaching, but you love being home with your kids too! 

zorbs - We aren't as fortunate with the daycare situation.  We don't know many people in the city we live in and have tried getting recommendations, but none have panned out.  The ones that we thought about in the city I teach in are all full right now...or at least that is what they tell me.  With the flexibility in my schedule and DH's we really don't want a public facility.  DH is pretty protective of who has J and since our first experience wasn't the best, it is hard to move forward from that.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

zorbs - i definitely have days where I wish i was back at work and sometimes go stir crazy at home... but unless we win the lottery, I'll be going back to work.... I know it's not totally a bad thing, it's good to be around other ppl...

mer - has J not said mama or dada at all?

jen - yea, the mat leave in Canada is decent... i think if you're in a union, you can take up to 2 years off and your position must be held, but you'd only get paid for up to 52 weeks.  I wouldn't mind going back to work in July, when DH is on summer vacation but then we'd be down to 1 salary for 3 months... we'd be ok but it'd be tight.

navymom/lane - never introduced myself:  I'm 34, a SAHM until March with my almost 9 month old daughter.  I'm hoping to run more marathons (8 so far) in the near future..

shelby - I wish I was a better cook b/c I'd love to have a nice stash of food in the freezer stored up..

mrszack - ouch $400?  Yea, I'd get a new one too!  We have a convection oven and they're supposed to be better than regular ones but I haven't figured out in what way LOL...

mrszackmorris

shelbyjo: i wonder if my family would like tuna noodle casserole...can you share the recipe?

zorbs: the clock part of the oven that you press for the oven features stopped working. i would preheat and it would be fine and then all of a sudden it would be at like 175 degrees and trying to preheat again. then over the weekend it wouldn't even let me press any buttons. yesterday it half-assedly worked and then wouldn't cool down. then it wouldn't let me press anything to turn it off, so i had to unplug it. guy took the clock out and said it'd be $400 to get a new one put in. um, i think we'll just pay a couple hundred more for a new one. the stove top still works though, so until then i'll be using the crockpot and whatever i can make on the stove. merry christmas to us, huh?

mer: yah, i don't know if i'd still be teaching. but i do know there were a lot of idiots in my department that the district would have loved to get rid of and with the new changes could have (at least they did force them into retirement). i did love my job though, but i will ever go back. i love my job as a mom way more. maybe i should adjunct teach marathonjen's accounting class?!?!?

runninmer

cx2 - J says mama and dada a LOT!  Our problem is that when he wakes up from nap or bedtime he screams.  He doesn't just sit and play or talk....he screams.  I would love to hear him call out for us by name rather than the crying.

mrszm - You did have some dooseys (is that a word?  spelled right?) in your department and the way the district handled things sucked.  If I ever get stuck teaching accounting, you will defintiely be helping me out....just like our college days!  Ha!  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

down.the.lane

Hi Ladies!

RR: 2.5 miles after 5 am wakeup.  I am so proud of myself for getting up at 5 three days in a row, but am seriously more tired than I thought I would be.  I am ready for a nap!

FR:  Working from home today, so I will be able to get an actual dinner on the table tonight (last night we had oatmeal!).  Still have no idea what dinner that will be... must go to the store.    

___

eh:  It was a beautiful starry morning here too!  I kept looking up and had to correct myself before I tripped in a hole or something.

lane

strollermama

mrszm - I am not usually a fan of tuna noodle casserole and I really like this one.  It is from skinnytaste.com.  I love her recipes!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/skinny-tuna-noodle-casserole.html

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Last night's run was a nightmare. RP and I almost got hit by a jeep a block from my house. We were in lit crosswalk wearing tons of reflective gear and I pointed my headlamp at her as she was still a half a block away from the intersection. She was turning right and started accelerating as we were just in front over her- RP and I screamed and I looked at the driver at my headlamp caught her attention and she slammed on her brakes. At that point we realized that it was getting icy so we bagged the idea of speedwork or hillwork and just decided to toodle around, we got cornered by some dogs- I was being as commanding as I possibly could and they didn't back off even after I kicked one until RP started throwing chunks of loose asphalt at them. It got icier and we decided to head back, and by the end we needed ice skates to get home. Managed to eke out 5k.

BR: I think he's waking up early because he has to poop. Its wearing him out too, he was awake well before 5:30 this morning and fell asleep in the car on the way to daycare.

FR: chicken enchiladas, black beans and corn last night. I forgot to pull out something to thaw from the freezer for tonight so I'll have to text DH to do it.

NRR:  Bossman continues his streak of crappy eating. I asked him yesterday what diet he plans on doing in January like he and his wife always do. He's going to try this Nutripoints thing that is supposed to be a "healthy eating lifestyle" rather than a diet. Good luck with that buddy. So far the only thing I've ever seen him lose weight on was Nutrisystem and he gained it all back as soon as he stopped eating the food. I worry about his health.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runswithrocky

ER - stroller walk + dogs last night.  Then 45 min vinyasa yoga.  Feeling very pleased with myself. 

FR - leftover meatball sub last night.  yum!

TR - Was sweet last night and very huggy.  Kept snuggling on my lap.  She walks within about a foot of me turns around and then back up until she bumps into my leg (i'm sitting cross-style on the floor) and then sits down.  It's so cute.  We read books and snuggle and hugged all night long.  DH was out last night for beer club and didn't see her at all, so this morning she showered all her hugs and affection on him<-- which meant momma got an undisturbed shower!  Dh was all melting and sweet with her.  Again, nice to have the "real" DH back. 

PGR - Feeling good!  Looking forward to getting through the holidays and finishing up some deadlines, etc.

CM - I refresh this page constantly throughout the day as it's my only interaction.  So I'm pretty sure about 30 of those views are just from me. 

spike - sorry about your perilous run!  yikes!  ooh chicken enchiladas sound yummy.  might have to do that tonight. 

superspike113

Honorary Old

runningeh- mmmm beans. Good job on running!

bermy- LOL at E for Ewok. I don't think I have seen all of the star wars movies. I have seen the beginning of the first one, and vaguely recall something about an abonimable snowman guy and then the ewoks.

zorbs- R has been sucking bathwater out of the washcloth. Blech! I wish DH liked onions, I love F.O. soup.

rg- how far are you traveling to shop? I don't think I could run as fast as you even in the best of my dreams.

Jen- Sorry about the kid biting at daycare. Its hard to discipline kids this age, though I think they understand a heckuva lot more than they let on.

CMG- I'm sure we had as many or more views on RWOL, but they didn't have a view counter.

cx2- all the daycares here have waiting lists, even the in-home ones. There is a serious lack of childcare in my town, so I am very lucky to have gotten R into such a reputable one. There are pros and cons to an inhome daycare- I think it lets kids be kids a little more, but there is a lot going on so kids have to work stuff out between themselves a lot more too.

mer- I'm sorry about the early waking. R usually doesn't call for me. He either babbles to himself or straight up cries, he usually only calls for mama when I put him down for bed and he doesn't want to go or if he hurts himself.

Shelbyjo- I have tried leaving food for Dh when I go places, but he ends up ordering pizza or something. I look on ebay for the brand I like (Le Mystere) but have also bought them on sites like www.6pm.com or www.zulily.com (not always on there since its a flash sale site). I buy sports bras off www.sierratradingpost.com too. Le Mystere bras usually run $50-75 in the department store, and I can usually get them for around $25 on these sites. The last time I saw them on Zulily I ordered 4 bras because they were such a good deal. The Dream Tisha is my favorite but I'm also really digging this other unlined mesh one I got (don't remember the model name).

mzm- I thought the $20 limit on the supermoms exchange was hard, $5 would be really hard!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

down.the.lane- I should really be taking advantage of my kid waking really early and just throw him in the stroller and go run, but mostly I just curse silently to myself and hope he goes back to sleep so I can get a few more minutes of shuteye.

superspike113

Honorary Old

rocky- I threw meat from a roasted chicken I made that turned out a tad underdone in the crockpot with half of a finely sliced onion and a can of Rosarita enchilada sauce. Then I just assembled the enchiladas in the evening and they baked off really quick since the filling was already warm. I love it when R sits on my lap. Best thing ever.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k/5mi on the TM at naptime.  I almost went after O woke this am but I was so tired from not sleeping well that I crawled bagrck into bed.  I'm glad I did because I had some good sleep and woke up feeling much better.  Dinner is leftovers tonight so I might as well run during naps.

TR - school today.  I'm thinking about putting her back into the dayhome one day a week in the new year.  She gets antsy being home with me all day, and I need to get stuff done, plus it would be easier to run when I just have to deal with one kids naps/schedule.  It would be good for her to interact with other kids a day a week also.

BR - coming with us to school - hopefully she is happy and good.  I'm going to put her in the Ergo, she's the happiest in it.  Grabbed a toy hanging over her playmat yesterday - might have been accidental of course.. Smile

FR - leftovers.

NRR - I think we are going to pick up a tree tonight and then decorate it tomorrow night.

NRR2 - no baby for RP... we went to the mall and walked last night.  She still has 2.5 weeks till her due date but she is mentally done.  

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

Zorbs – nice on your run this morning. Do you drink coffee before you run when you get up?

Rg – yeah on molars – at least ds is happy. Nice that you get to spend time with your mom. Sneaked a peak at your fm pr – very sweet!

Jen – how did single parenting go? I find it really tough. What does he do? What time do you finish work? I am amazed how you fit everything in. I never seem to have any time to run/cook/tend to DS at the end of the day.

Cm – very cute bump pic. You are adorable. And look so neat! Great job mama! I agree on posts although if we got paid for each hit/view then we could make a fortune on our own blog site. I will look into it. People are clearly reading it.

Cx2 – I had no idea you have run so many fms. When is your next? Which one?

Mer – ask for more pay for that technology thingy. They probably regret not giving you the job now eh? What is your next race? My DS cries when he wakes as though the world has ended. I think he gets really panicky that he is alone and searches all around for me. We just put a mattress o the floor and leave the door open so when he wakes up now he can just come out of his room. It helped a lot with the crying.

Shelby – great job on getting out for 1m and the meals even though you are sick. I liked your otter story. Very cute.

Mrszm – how are you liking your new haircut? Hope you get your oven fixed. Not cool.

Lane – what’s the story behind your graphic image? Are you training for a marathon?

Spike – scary on driver. Well done for being alert and staying safe. And the dogs. Nasty.

Rocky – great job on your exercise! Sounds like you had a fun night. Any chance of a bump pic for you too?

CA – those are sweet PRs on your ticker thingy. I still carry DS in my carrier everywhere. All about town this morning and to and from playgroup. It keeps him s happy and he can see everything going on. Nice on the 5m! How are you doing your side planks?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Marathonjen

Shelby – Glad H slept well and seems to be feeling better.  Now you need to get better.  That is so nice of you to make DH a bunch of meals.  LOL on DS yelling at the TV and getting excited.  Too cute.

Mrszm – You can come teach my Acctg. Class!!  I actually really like teaching it and wish I could teach it all day instead of some of these other classes.  Boo on the stove but I think you are smart to get a new one.  I hope C can wear the outfit I sent.  J had 2 of the same ones so you know it is cuteWink  Plus it has a onesie so we LOVE it!  We leave next weekend for our trip.  I am not excited.

Lane – Great job on getting the run in.  Good luck with dinner.

Spike – UGH on the run.  That is why I hit the TM a lot…lol…so much less dramatic.  J wakes up every morning (almost) with a poop…I think that is what wakes him up…lol.  I hope you can come up with a dinner idea.  LOL to bossman’s eating…nice of you to care.  You’re right about kids but the daycare does discipline the child that bit in front of J.  So that way J learns that it is NOT ok to bite.  I had a long conversation with the director of the daycare yesterday.  She is awesome and very helpful.  She has a 2 ½ year old and a daughter that is a day older than J.

Rocky – I love when J gets in that cuddly mood and wants to sit and just read books with me.  I spend 90% of the time kissing him and telling him I love him…lol.  Glad DH had some nice quality time with E this morning and gave you time for a shower.

CA – I hope you have/had a good run and that O was good at “school!”  Enjoy the leftovers.  We have leftover crockpot chicken from Sunday…not sure I want to eat it though.

Bermy – DH is in Supply Chain for a multi-national company.  He travels A LOT so I am single mom usually 3 weeks out of every month.  This month was especially bad.  I get done between 3 and 3:30 everyday then I run and then pick up J from daycare and do stuff with him until he goes to bed.  Then I do all my stuff to get ready for the next day…it’s busy!  I don’t know how mom’s of more than one kid do it.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

lane - yeah the sidewalk seems to jump up and bite your ankles when its dark out.

spike - did you punch her car? when I was 6 months pg, some yahoo came so close to hitting me that I had already turned the bump away, and he only stopped when I punched his car.

rocky - good to know I'm not the only one refreshing the page like crazy.

CA - I think my daycare woman is the only one on the planet who won't take kids unless the parents are working.  If I have to go somewhere non-worky and take B next door, I have to lie and say I'm working, otherwise she gives me shit.  Yes I know she's nuts.

bermy - if I didn't drink coffee before running, I would never make it out the door.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/