Womens Running

Mandatory Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I HATE and DETEST the word "mandatory". It is used at work all the time. Roll eyes

Post as you wish. It is NOT mandatory but always encouraged. Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did a 15 minute run , then a 30 minute cardio DVD workout.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday was a trail run for a wonderful hour, then a nice nap.

Today will be a track run, then cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - I am with you, don't like the word Mandatory, either - it's a word my workplace loves though lol.

Tessa - I am tired just reading about your weekend.

April Fool's on me - slept right through the alarm this morning.  I should be able to run a fe miles after work, though.

ginnyb

Good morning,

Oh joy, it is snow flurrying outside again...Happy April...not April fool either, I wish it were!

Hi Judy and Laura....yep, my work uses mandatory a lot also...I'm with you.

I would say that I will run tonight after work, but I know I won't.  I might do my walk/jog DVD though, we will see, did WT yesterday.

I can't believe it is Monday again, I do not want to go to work, don't even want to get ready.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I didn't post during the weekend but our internet was spotty and every time I tried to post, the internet went down, rinse and repeat.  I had a tough Saturday.  18 miles (I wanted to do 25-30) done but couldn't even breathe due to the asthma.  Then, I did 9 with 4 @ MP last night and that went well.  Weird!  Short recovery run and weights tonight.

judyruns, haha at the mandatory.  Nice workouts.  Enjoy the track and the cardio DVD tonight.

LC Runs, hope you get your run tonight.

Ginny, the feeling is mutual.  I don't want to work today, bah!

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

G'morning all!

I'm not a fan of Mornings, Mondays OR Mandatory!!  How's that for alliteration?

I'm still smiling about my race on Saturday.   I guess all of my boring indoor runs paid off.  I'm grateful.   Also... weird thing.  My weight was up SIX pounds after run.  Then, today, it was back to normal.  I guess it was inflammation?   I dunno.  weird.

I'm leaving for D.C. tomorrow for an Alcohol Policy Conference.  The cherry blossoms are supposed to be peaking this week.  I couldn't be happier!  woo hoo!  I'm very much hoping to run the mall.  Any tips on where to park, and the best way to do it?

Marjorie - glad you gave yourself a break!  On the 15th weekend.... she rested. Sounds like a book.

Carol - oh my, clown feet.  I so get that.

Lisa - Jeeze... that's a fast trail run... nice.   I'm going to have to  look up Mount Cheaha.  I've never been there.

Ginny - I'll be cheering for you on your April 15 race!   And, I'm procrastinating getting ready for work right now.

LC - 43 in a week... woo hoo!  I slept in a bit too this morning.   We're making that a habit, huh?

Linda - I agree.  A PR is a great way to start a season... and such a nice surprise.  Thanks!

Karen - I love the two Easter dinner versions.  Now that's having it all!

Gatsby - In the early, less careful days of my youth,  I could have eaten a full bowl of cream cheese frosting (especially with the pecans in it!!)

Tessa - I'm exhausted just READING about your weekend Wink

Judy - Good morning - nice workout!

Today is another little run with my group.  Then, I'll run another 2 miles and get a core workout in this afternoon.  It's a travel week.  So, I have to grab workout time when I can!

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

LC Runs

Ginny - it's cold again here, too.  No snow as of yet, though we're supposed to get snow showers this afternoon, ugh.

Damaris - sorry your Saturday run didn't go as planned, though I think 18 is awesome, it's been a long time since I've run that distance.

Julie - I love your alliteration and I agree with hit ha ha.  Enjoy DC, I would love to visit there sometime.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy April fools

i get to call animal control as someone on our street has decided to put in a chicken coop complete with chickens. It is prohibited in city limits. And againsOruro neighborhood rules. And it is very visible in their back yard. Don't know what they were thinking.

Julie you have a right to still be smiling.

Morning Judy and D

boo to the snow Ginny

Heya Laura

Tessa that is a lot of services!  I'd be tired too.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Marjorie....chickens?  I know it isn't funny for you, but this made me laugh...thanks for that!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yep Chickens!  I have no idea what they were thinking or how the direct neighbors by them have not complained.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Count me in on not liking anything "mandatory"....tell me it is a "mandatory" meeting, and I immediately want to get out of it....

LCruns - Good job on the miles last week!

Karen - Had to laugh about the "salad" as opposed to the "stout potatoes"!

Judy - Trail run sounds wonderful!

Tessa - Whew, on your week-end....guess that old saying is true "if you want to get something done, ask a busy person", somehow I think that applies to you Smile

Julie - Glad that 6 pounds went away fast!  I really struggle with water retention (inflammation) after LR's and races...

Damarias - Sorry on the bad run, but glad you had a nice run the next day!

Marjorie - Chickens???  Oh boy, what do people think....

Ginny - Hopefully this is the last of winter :0

Went for my traditional holiday run - was beautiful weather!  No clown feet!

Had a very fun dinner with family.   Both DD's are going on a trip to Mexico SO, they are both trying franatically to lose some weight and DRUMROLL please - they are both exercising.....I am quietly being supportive, not  making a big deal out it....but silently I am doing the happy dance....funny how the difference in their personalities when they are exercising and eating better....don't know how long this will last, but for right now I am so thankful....

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I do not want to be at work today! Especially since we're finally getting some nice weather. I have an easy 6 on my schedule tonight, but I may run a few more in an attempt to front-load my miles for the week since I'm racing this weekend. I'm actually racing the next three weekends while trying to do the last five weeks of a training plan that discourages racing during training. Oops.

In work news, my boss is still an idiot. I had to explain to him this morning that since we accrue vacation monthly, he couldn't take two weeks vacation when he only had one week accrued. I told him he could take leave without pay, but we weren't allowed to borrow against future time. He has been here over three years, he should get this by now, but he seemed shocked. Then again, he can't figure out how to use his voice mail  so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. My job search continues.

Julie, PM me here or on facebook with where you're going to be in DC and I can probably help you with logistics. I'm about 3 miles outside the beltway and about 10 miles from downtown.

Hi to all - will try to get back later.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Linda

Good morning ladies.  It is glorious to have the week off.  The potatoes were a hit.    It was a nice dinner with friends

LC:  You probably needed the rest.

Damaris:  My computer is acting crazy!!  It’s driving me crazy.

Marjorie:  I am so annoyed by the chickens.  I live in the suburbs, but people, weirdly, have chickens in their back yard.  What they don’t understand that chickens lure the mountain lions into the neighborhood.  They don’t run at 5:00 in the morning, so they could care less.   Don’t get me started about these goofy people keeping farm animals in their backyard like they live on a farm.

Speaking of animals in the wrong place—Two weekends ago, we hit a young deer, head on.  We were  driving at least 70 on Highway 101.  (Tessa:  We were near Goleta South bound).  It truly was slow motion.  My husband and I both saw it coming, but I knew we would hit it and there was nothing we could do.  That could have been a deadly accident, but we were completely fine.  We hit it low and rolled over it.  It took out a headlight and skidded off the road before it was hit by the next vehicle.

I’m stressed out just thinking about that deer story.  I need a run Smile

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Linda, good point about the chickens attracting other critters. I don't think Marjorie has to worry about mountain lions since per the SCDNR there aren't any in that state except possibly an escaped exotic pet, but you definitely have to worry. And even in South Carolina there are plenty of raccoons and dogs who could be looking for a chicken dinner. I'd guess they have coyotes too.

Sorry about the deer! Yikes. Is that a deer crossing? I know I've seen deer crossing signs on 101 up that way, also bear crossing signs, I gather deer tend to follow existing deer trails so it's quite likely that that spot could be a regular crossing point for them. Glad nobody (except the deer) was hurt.

Julie, sounds like water retention to me, glad it went off quickly. Re the Mall, I personally would not even try to park there. I would take the subway and let DC Metro worry about where to park its train. But I have zero tolerance for driving/parking hassles and I'm an avowed public transit user.

Karen, your boss is a twit. Any progress on the job change front?

Racing the next three weekends and doing a program that discourages racing. That's our Karen! It has worked for you in the past, as I recall, go for it. I suspect that discouragement is primarily aimed at inexperienced runners who will race flat out and then need time to recuperate, rather than those who know what race pace they can run without it having a detrimental effect on their training. Does that make sense?

Marjorie, not sure what your neighbours were thinking -- except "Yum! Eggs! Fresh eggs!" but they should check zoning laws and HOA rules before getting chickens. And I hope they managed to get hens not roosters. This is a constant problem, apparently, because it's difficult to sex young chicks. Funny story: both Reebs and Zipper on runango built chicken coops and acquired chicks. Both wound up with at least one rooster. Reebs, in the PNW, found a farm that takes "rooster rescues" so that the rooster can live out his natural life span. Zipper, in northern VA, had one comment about her rooster: "He was delicious". Gotta love different attitudes!

Ginny, Laura, snowing? Yikes.

Carol, great that your DDs are exercising.

Damaris, 25-30? Wow. 18 is good!

Judy, "mandatory" does tend to put everyone's backs up, however some people you have to spell it out or they don't get it. And don't do it. Nice workouts!

No run this morning, I was too tired. I will go to the gym at lunch.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Okay.... WHO was it on the forum that shared something like "There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing?"

It was raining right up until noon, when me and my new little rag tag running group meet to do the C25K thing.  There were 5 of us today.  Two 50-somethings, and three 20-somethings!  LOL (told you we were rag tag.... haha).  It was in the low 40's and the sky was starting to brighten.  We were all glad it had stopped raining.

About halfway through the run, the wind picked up to about 25 mph and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees.  Then, we started getting pelted by ice pellets.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?   Ice pellets??  OUCH!  I'm not sure how to dress for ice pellets!  My poor little group.  But, you know, they hung in there.  Not a one of them bailed!

So, go ahead.... fess up... who said it?   LOL

*smiles*

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.