Womens Running

(Over40) Fun with Fridays (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off we go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

On way home. Sitting at the gate at airport.

Lunch  run planned. As long as no big drama with continued sucky IT is dues at our new center.

I love  when I get TSA pre check. But, oh how conditioned we are after 13 years. Seems very strange to not have to take everything off, take everything out of bag etc.  Remember when security was always like that and didn't take forever to get through.

Marjorie

Sitting at the gate at airport.

Marjorie-As lovely as the above sounds, I'm sure all will agree that you deserve to be Sitting on the dock by the bay instead.  Safe travels.

Up and at 'em ladies!!!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Ugh, your work sounds stressful right now....booo.  Hope you get your run in!

Lisa - Sounds like a fun trail run for you!

Cindy - Will be curious to see what you put together for marathon training plan....I always have 2-3 plans going...when I train, and drive myself    Sorry about the bird pooping episode....but yes, it is a little funny...what are the chances, right?

Ended up with 16 mile bike ride, then a 30 minute swim.  Decided on that instead of Yogalates...was so beautiful outside couldn't resist.

Off to work!

Carol

LC Runs

TGIF - can not wait to get through this work day, has been a very long week

4 miles this morning.   I was supposed to meet a friend but she overslept so I went solo.

Marjorie - hoping for safe and smooth travels today!

Hi Lisa and Carol!

Cindy - congrats on the upcoming marathon!

annieSusan

Good morning!

Beautiful 20 mile bike ride yesterday, on a rails to trails path that went through tree lined areas and then past rolling fields of healthy looking corn.

Off to do some hills this morning before it gets too hot.

good runs, all!

annieSusan

ginnyb

Well crap, now there are 4 in my age group.  Darn it!  I know I will be the one with the police car on my butt!  Oh well, I have to get over it.  There is no way I am pushing myself too much because of the heat and humidity predicted.   I am getting nervous though, wish I wouldn't do that either, but can't help it.

Good morning, beautiful morning here, too bad I am stuck in the cellar of the library all day, it is dark down here, one of the reasons I get depressed in this building I believe.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

No workout yesterday. DH is gravely ill (non responsive) and is not expected to survive the week. He was resting comfortably last night when I left. The nursing home is about 15 minutes away so I can drive back and forth. That helps me to do things at home, get meals and keep moving.

Yesterday before things got crazy I visited my dentist who said that the teeth are not the problem. He said to treat for sinusitis until I see my doctor on Monday. That was good news.

I'm going to try and do a cardio workout here at home before I head back to the nursing home.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Judy, I'm sorry. I can't say I know what you're going through with DH, but I have to imagine that even though he's been in the nursing home for awhile, this is still tough on you. Sending hugs.

Lisa, thanks for DD's contact info. Sounds like she could be a great resource for us. We do know a few people that have already moved down, but they probably don't know the area as well as she does. It will be interesting to see downtown Houston - when I lived there back in 1989-90 and worked downtown, the whole downtown area was a ghost town after 5-6 at night and on weekends. I hear that's not the case anymore.

Tessa, thanks for the clarification yesterday on Mike/Miguel. It made me laugh out loud.

Marjorie, you travel so much you should totally pay the $85 to always get TSA Pre-Check. I'm surprised you don't have it. I got pre-check once and that was enough for me. It's good for five years so less than $20/year. And it was easy to do, just fill out the forms online and then make an appointment to go get fingerprinted and show your passport. I was in and out in ten minutes and got my Known Traveler Number less than a week later.

Carol, nice workouts last night.

Laura and annieSusan, good to see you both!

Ginny, you do not know you'll be fourth. But even if you are, just enjoy it. It will be hot and humid, but that's your kind of weather - may give you an advantage over those other 60 year olds.

Last night's workout for me was hard. It was 7 with 5 at marathon pace. With temps near 90, marathon pace was hard to hit. I probably should have slowed it down some, but I wanted to see if I could pull it off and I did, averaging 7:59 for the 5. In terms of the workout though, the heat probably made it more of a Pfitz tempo than a Hanson tempo (which is what it was supposed to be). 7 easy on the schedule this evening. And a little better temps with a little lower humidity.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!!!

Swam this morning.  Was nice to be back on my schedule.    The vet said Deuce has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis and loaded him up on antibiotics.  He seemed to be feeling better this morning, will see how he is doing when I go home for lunch.  Poor puppy!

Judy--prayers for you and your DH.  I know this must be so difficult for you.

Ugh!  I have so much work to do and really I just want to stay home and sew.  Also need to scrub all the floors since Deuce's sickly episodes yesterday.  Hoping that is over and I can scrub this afternoon and be done with it.  Sweet BF has been cooking so I can sew.  OMG he loves to cook and is really into it.  Last night was pan fried trout with pecan meuniere sauce.  Yum!  He is really spoiling me.

Have a great weekend!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run  today; it's an SRD. I jumped on the rebounder for 20 minutes and did light weights.

Tessa, Lisa, and Carol - we didn't take elements from different plans; I just took several to look at since this is my first go. One of my concerns is that most beginner plans only go up to 20 miles, and I really want to do at least one run longer than that, just from a confidence standpoint. We wound up using the Higdon Novice 2 plan and modifying it to accommodate my sister's wedding in October (I'll be travelling to NY for that) and to add in one 22-miler. The official start date for the plan is July 14.

Judy - so sorry about your DH. My prayers are with you.

Marjorie - I hope the trip home is hassle-free.

Laura - sorry you had to go alone! Both of my regular RBs bailed on me yesterday, so I was on my own.

AnnieSusan - good to hear from you!

Ginny - don't talk yourself out of it! Good luck, and enjoy.

Karen - I'll be trying to figure out what to do with the "pace" runs on my plan. My time goal is very conservative - I don't want to set myself up for failure with my first marathon - so my goal pace will be considerably slower than what I usually train at. I may just throw in a fast mile at the end of the pace runs.

Crazysue - a man that likes to cook! Lucky you! DH can manage a few basics, but he doesn't cook much.

Off to do the grocery shopping. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6-9 miles tonight.  I am tired but all these hours of work are coming to an end with the weekend!

Marjorie, good luck with your run.  How do you get that TSA pre-screening again?  I think with all the travels we and my husband always running late, we should do it.

Lisa, morning!

Carol, nice workouts!

LC Runs, nice 4.

Annie, hope the hills were nice to you.

Ginny, good luck!  Beat that 4th!

Judy, I am very sorry to hear this.  Hugs.  I'll be thinking of you and your husband.

Karen, like my coach said, YES, adjust for weather!  Nice job.

Sue, sounds like a busy day.

Cindy, enjoy the rest!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Judy, hugs to you.  So tough...

Just a couple personals...

Cindy, it's so exciting that you're planning your Marathon. I've only heard good things about Richmond.

Marjorie, yeah for precheck!

Ginny, good luck on your race!  Nice pic of son-you've every reason to be proud.

I'll catch up later.  I have to go to DMV. It's raining but I'm doing a short run in a bit and maybe a 5k in a.m. It's about an hour away and I'd like to take RV if I go up for it, but may not be able to finish work in time to go.  I need to get a couple projects in the mail by end of month which is shockingly soon.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy I'm so sorry!

Karen ne yes I can do pre check. Just our airport doesn't have the sign up. Maybe next time I'm in ATL.  I'd have done it while in Tampa but was in too much hurry (and they weren't open at 430 am this morning.

Got home. Delayed a bit out if ATL. Work, They solved the problem. Major hassles and most of today to do it. The router lost its scripts. No idea how it un programmed itself. But they are back up. Much hassles and many people working on this one.

Cindy several years  ago I had a bird poop on me while running. Still gross

Lisa funny on the dock of the bay. My College friends and I are still talking on doing a trip reunion thing somewhere nice. 25 years since we graduated from college.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Um, Marjorie, may I suggest you edit the last line of your post? I'm sure you meant sitting on the dock of the bay, unfortunately the "i" is right next to the "o" key....

I can barely remember what it was like not to have so many security measures at airports. I took a trip in June 2001 and DH and the kids were there to meet me at the gate when we came back. Now there's no way that would be permitted. I don't complain about security screening, though. My company lost too many people that morning for me to get blase about security precautions.

Susan, I hope poor Deuce is feeling better. I remember him as a pup, and I'm sure he's considerably bigger and therefore capapbe of making more mess now. Hope the antibiotics work soon. Or in this case aren't they the anti-bottom-icks? (Yes, I know I'm reaching here...)

Lisa, enjoy the trail run!

Laura, sorry your running buddies bailed.

Carol, will you get a run today? I presume the bike & swim were yesterday afternoon?

Cindy, very good idea to have at least one >20 miler for your first marathon training. Psychologically it means a lot to have that under your belt and on your legs.

Judy, responsed on runango, however (((hugs))) agan. I am so sorry. It is awful watching someone die slowly, even though he's not in pain. Is your son coming?

AnnieSusan, that bike path sounds lovely. Mmm, corn. Is this being grown for humans, animals, or autos?

Ginny, sorry 4 have signed up -- you go out there and do your individual best and that's all you can do. At least one of them may be walking with a grandchild!

Karen, wow, 7 with 5 at sub-8 pace? I take off my hat. I couldn't do anywhere near that.

Damaris, yay for the weekend! I'm surprised you aren't already preapproved travelers.

Camille, ugh for having to go to the DMV. Is it your license? I do whatever I can at Triple A rather than at the DMV, the people are nicer and the lines are so much shorter.

Didn't run this morning. Blame it on whoever shut my door. I was not greeted by a furry alarm clock. I am going at lunch, though.