Womens Running

Hot and Humid Tuesday (Read 16 times)

SugarLand

Karen - Can you tell what neighborhood - I am so exicted for you - I ran outside yesterday afternoon the humidity about did me in - and I have been living here for 30 years - duriing August I do most of the runs on the TM - I joined Fitness Connection $10 a month can't beat that

Ginnie hope you are feeling better - hugs

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed day

Vicki

Anonymous Guest

Hot and humid indeed! From the almost Texas girl to the Texas girl....

SugarLand, are you familiar with where the new ExxonMobil campus is being built? It's right off of 45 where the Hardy Toll Road meets it. One neighborhood is Sawmill Ranch in Spring, about 10 minutes from the campus, and the other is Willow Lake Village near Tomball, about 20 minutes away. Sawmill Ranch you can find in google maps, the other one might be too new. Google Dale River Road in Tomball. Small neighborhood. We're heading out to look at both again in a little bit.

I have 11 with 3x2 miles at MP-10 on the schedule today. But my PF is not getting any better, in fact it was feeling pretty bad yesterday, so I may take a URD.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did not do my weights last night, so 7 and weights tonight.

SugarLand, sounds like a great deal!

Karen, glad to hear you like the airplane.  Hope you can find the perfect house for you all.  And Karma was good with your ex employer.  Enjoy the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mount Rainier

Good morning!  Back from an incredible vacation out in Seattle area http://tinypic.com/r/9biz9d/8.  Well we got back Friday but I'm still playing catch-up and will be for quite some time.  But it was great to visit our oldest.

Karen, just saw that you like both neighborhoods.  Good luck choosing!  (I don't envy you having to run in hot and humid weather.  I think I'd take up swimming LOL)

Vicki, Or I would do like you and just run on the TM when it was realy hot and humid

Damaris, Me either.  I have to do weights tonight too.

Did run 8.1 miles on Saturday, 3.5 miles yesterday, then walked 2.5 miles in evening with DH, and then 148 floors (35 min) on the stairmaster this am. 

OK Back to work. 

Susan

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 for me.

Karen how exciting. Hard to pick, I'm sure. And Karma does play out. Good they figured out sone things. But in the end better for you too as you are in a better work place now. I'm happy to get more normal with my miles

hi Vicki

Susan we really like Seattle when we were there several years ago.

Marjorie

ginnyb

got out and walked 3 miles this morning....16.00  minute miles    kinda slow, but better than not doing anything i guess.  Dont see Dr. until Thursday, so will get more info then.  Arm throbbed some during walk, but not too bad.  Decided to take off work this week, I have the sick time.

Karen...fun looking for new house!  Sorry for the heat and humidity.

Hi Sugarland!

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hi Ginny, Don't worry about speed!  Glad you can take this week off to let the wrist heal.  Hugs!

Good morning!  4 miles w some hill work thrown in. Ran with my friends.  Cool down was a walk w her dogs.  Not the most challenging workout, but a nice way to start the day.

Did the yearly mammo/gyn thing.  Good to go for another year.

Karen--My sister lives in Spring.  I sent her your choices to see if she knew anything.  Good luck!

Ginny--glad you got out for a walk

Please include BF's BIL Devin in your prayers.  He had a stroke on Saturday and waited until Monday to go to urgent care!!!!  Doctors said he had a moderate/large stroke.  IDK his age, guessing he may be close to 50.  Yesterday he woke up to severe headache and vision loss.

Ready to choke DS2.  His grades were low at USA so they told him to return in the spring.  He was planning to go to the junior college for a couple of classes this fall.  Last night he said he would like to return to Ole Miss.  I asked him when classes began--August 20.  That is two days from now!!!  Ugh........he applied on line.  Looks like he will be back at JC.  Get it together boy!

Bikerchick1

Vickie - Hi!  Nice to see you checkin in!

Karen - Sounds exciting for sure!  Seems to be happening fast now.  Karma certainly came around at your old place of employment....

Ginny - Nice that you took a week off, feel like you could use that for sure!  Great job for getting out and walking, agree with Susan, don't worry about the speed!

Damarias - Enjoy the weights and 7 miles!

Susan - Nice job on the running and keeping up with stairmaster.  I loved Seattle when I visited there for a conference.  Hard to believe your oldest is out there.....time has flown.

Marjorie - Nice job on the 11.2   Your monthly mileage amazes me!!!

Crazysue - Ugh, on DS....some things never change with kids do they..no matter how old they get Sad   Sad, on the BF's BIL, will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.  Sounds like a fun workout.

Wow, I was tired when Aly went home last night....whew.   Ran 8 miles sunday am, yesterday did my Stability ball class, today out for 4 this am, and meeting up with RB's later to do Bleechers.  Time is really ticking for Grand Canyon!

Carol

camille2

Karen, you're having to make big decisions quickly. It sounds like there are good choices though.  Good luck! Ugh on the PF.

Susan/RM, good workouts!

Marjorie, impressive miles as usual, esp in your heat/humidity.  GA sure got warm while I was there and I thought of you and Demaris running in it all the time.  Man, you're tough.

Ginny, that's a very decent walking pace!  Good for you for getting out so soon.

C. Sue, sent up a prayer for your friend.  Terrible.

Sugarland, hi!

I'm flew back to Anchorage yesterday evening/night. I got preck both ways again : ). That's like 5-6 times in a row!   Sweet. Going down, I asked TSA how I was so lucky and he said it was up to airline.  I asked again coming back and they told me it's random, as I've been told the other times, and that I was extremely lucky, so I bought a GA lottery ticket and a scratch off. I won $2 on the scratch off.  : )

I did 4-5 hours of house cleaning cross training for my mom yesterday then walked at airport 30 min with my little backpack.  I have PiYo in half hour if the plumber finishes in time and then a short run. Nice day here.

Modified to add:  Carol, when is Grand Canyon?  You'll be well trained.

AnnieSusan, it was nice to see a note from you last week end.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates done now too.

Funny I just never think my mileage is that impressive.

Camille I've  always run in the South so training wise I don't know much different. I've run in ice and snow but not much.  Maybe a few dozen times over the last 20 something years. I prefer heat to super cold and ice for sure.

Marjorie

Wasn't Texas or Florida but Chicago sure was humid this morning for my run.

Vicki-good to hear from you!

Karen-exciting on the new home!  PF is not good! Ice, ice baby.

Susan-welcome back!

Ginny-get that arm healing! 16 min/mile walking pace is good!

Sue-sorry to hear about Devin.  scary!  what you want to do to DS2... scary!  kids!

Carol-looking forward to this weekend's run!

Camille-I'm never that lucky.

Marjorie-depends on the season as to my preference.  LOL  there is a point where both just hurt.

Lisa