Womens Running

Lucky Tuesday (over 40) (Read 15 times)

camille2

I'm feeling lucky.  I might buy a lottery ticket.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Camille 2, I'm feeling lucky since the temps have gone above zero° for now.

Monday was a good 35 minute run on the gym track. I’m trying not to push it since the foot is doing well so far. :::knock wood:::

Today will probably be a long cardio session.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Welcome to Tuesday - 3 on the TM.

Thanks for all the safe travel thoughts yesterday, I'll have to use them today, though.  My work partner called in sick, so I rescheduled our home visits for today.  Fun stuff

Camille - hope you win!  LOL, my supervisor got us all a scratch off for Valentines Day - I won $5 which makes me happy ha ha

Judy - have a good cardio workout!

camille2

We're still under a winter storm warning, but I woke up with power and heat despite howling winds yesterday afternoon and evening and freezing rain. At my house, the rain would freeze, then normal rain, then sleet, then rain, snow... Not everyone was so lucky (200,000 without power), but I hope all of you are!

Note: I started a post and lost it (it decided to randomly update) so maybe I only get one lucky break.  : )

Judy, as you can see, it's the weather that makes me feel lucky, too.

Lisa, I hope you are better today.  Your boa weekend sounded like fun.

Demaris, great half! Congratulations!  You are certainly doing better now aren't you?

Cindy, I hope you are one of the lucky ones. DD sent text that they were having freezing rain and sleet in Chapel Hill.

Tessa, a group of you should stay silently with signs saying, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."   Nice run with your neighbor, esp after just finishing a 52 miler (and over 100000 steps).

Karen, I'm glad you're finishing your last cold runs.  Nice job on the 8!

Marjorie, I sure hope your dad likes PT.  I'm impressed with all the treats you make.  I enjoy doing that, too.

Margaret, I hope the rest of your day off was better than the start...cleaning the disposal.  : )  I'm impressed.  What is your next race?

Laura, Bayshore will be here before you know it.  Be safe in those cold temps.

Hi Carol and everyone else.

I ended up running in place/doing stairs several times yesterday.  Due to the high winds and risk of trees falling, I moved my sewing stuff to the main floor with the kitchen. By 1, I realized I was snacking constantly and had eaten my calories (+!) for the whole day. : )

Bikerchick1

I am so glad it is Lucky Tuesday 

Camille - Yikes on the weather for you!  Sounds like a good time to stay put - but unforunately snacking does seems to go with that Sad

Judy - Isn't it amazing how double digits is a heat wave!

Laura - Hope travel goes good today for you.  I didn't realize you had to do home visits.

As predicted long day yesterday....but went really well so I am happy for that.  After work run with RB's today, I think this is the only day of double digit temps this week so we are taking advantage of it!

Carol

camille2

Carol, I have to say all of you would be laughing at us with the weather.  Other than danger of power outage, it's not bad at all.

The other reason I'm feeling lucky this week is because some Alaska friends are floating this river this summer and invited me to go along.  I'm ridiculously excited.  It's the largest protected wilderness area, starts in the Yukon, goes into British Columbia and ends on the coast of Alaska. I haven't been able to do a big float trip in a long time and this should be spectacular.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T6z8A3PP9Yhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T6z8A3PP9Y

Laizzez BonTemps Roulle!  (or however you spell it).  We don't really do the partying thing, but my adult kids had a blast this weekend.  Ball was Friday night, parade Saturday afternoon.  After party at a local bar, which is right next to the railroad tracks.  Yes, this is the same bar that has the "Annual Mooning of the Trains".  DS2 was there Saturday afternoon and said some idiot (he told me who it was, although I don't know him) was trying to see how close he could stand next to the train as it was moving on the tracks!  SMACK!!  A boxcar door handle hit him in the head.  Police, ambulance, etc.   He's lucky he wasn't killed, although he is a definite candidate for this year's Darwin Award.

Tessa!!  52 miles!!  We rode 56 on Saturday and I was wiped out.  Did an easy 10 on Sunday, we were still pretty whipped.  Monday was a long swim, this morning was a short swim + 5 miles this afternoon.

BF re-did the other closet this weekend.  I sewed.  Fabulous!

Y'all in the north stay safe in this crazy cold weather!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 7 miles tonight, some with hubby.

Tessa, that was during the Ft. Lauderdale HM race, but a training run with 8 at MP.  And I agree with you on the Phelps thing.

Camille, good luck!

Judy, above zero is good (considering....)

LC Runs, hope the home visits go well.

Carol, glad it went really well.

Sue, nice workouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tessa--while the crazy people are out you should organize a little operation to let the air out of their tires.....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 did 400 repeats. Quincy and Hammy went with me for .4. Poor Hammy. That is hard for him and he did his best to keep up with Quincy. Quincy is fast. I had to keep making him slow down as Hammy was starting to struggle to keep the pace and Quincy wanted to go faster It was 8:20ish. Since hammy as been doing around 14 mm with dh that was a big jump for him.

I will be back. Auditor in another facility today.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, we did think of that, but decided we don't want to stoop to their level nor do we want to be arrested for petty vandalism.

We are also figuring the city may take care of the issue for us, considering where they are planning to picket between 8-8:30 and 8:30-9: St. Kateri and Grace Baptist, which are kitty corner across an intersection and up the hill a little way each. I'm not sure where the bigots are planning to park, since all of the main roads around there are posted no parking any time and the actual intersection is commercial on all four corners therefore has parking lots for the stores/store customers only. (plug this into Google Maps for a clearer idea of the situation: Copperhill Road & Seco Canyon Road, Saugus, CA) Either they will have to park in residential neighborhoods where parking is permitted, which are a little way away because the immediate vicinity is all condos with parking restrictions, and walk to the sidewalk in front of each church, or they will (more likely) park in private lots. It would be a terrible shame if the WBC cars were ticketed and/or towed for parking illegally, now would it not?

If they want to park in our lot they are welcome to park there IF they wish to come in and worship with us and be respectful of our beliefs and worship traditions. Otherwise they can darned well find the nearest legal public parking and hoof it, carrying their hateful signs, to picket on the public property outside the church lot ie the sidewalk.

Camille, Judy, and others who are in horrible weather conditions, hope it improves for you. Camille, how long will it take to float that river?

Marjorie, Hammy managed to run 8:20 pace for even a few yards? Wow. Poor guy, I'm surprised he didn't trip over his own ears! Especially with his fifth position front paws.

Anonymous Guest

Snow day here. Honestly, I got as much or more done than I usually do at the office. Even if I wasn't about to move and work from home almost exclusively, I think I would try to convince my boss to let me work from home once or twice a week. 2 hours minimum commuting (if I hit the train timing exactly right, there are no delays, and then no traffic), not to mention $15 a day to park at Metro and take the train back and forth.

4 easy miles on the TM this evening, and another hour and a half XT by shoveling the driveway and sidewalk. I'm glad I got it done this morning while the snow was still light and fluffy, and leftover icy patches had plenty of time to melt. I will also say I enjoy getting it done before any of the neighbors, some of whom still haven't shoveled. And our lazy next door neighbor that never shovels his sidewalk. Now that his kid is almost old enough to be walking to the bus for school, I wonder if he'll change his tune.

We got the report from the inspector for the house, and they have A LOT to get done before we get there next week. Our realtor apparently knows someone at the builder 2 levels above the person we're dealing with and is going to make some noise. Worst case is they don't get finished in time to close, I sign a power of attorney and fly home, and DH stays down there for a few more days to close.

camille, that trip looks awesome.

Hi to all. I'm kinda slacking on personals lately, sorry. I promise to get back to it, just not tonight. I'm kinda beat.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Hi Camille - hope the winter storm missed you!!

Hey Carol - yep, I coordinate services in the homes of seniors or disabled persons so they don't have to go into a nursing home.  We are on the road 2-3x per week.  At least this winter the roads have mainly been okay, last year was a nightmare

Sue - sounds like a fabulous weekend!  Yes, Darwinism award for sure

Damaris - hope the 7 went well!

Marjorie - way to go, Hammy and Quincy!!

Tessa - I'm sure you will be happy once the weekend is over and these whack a doodles are gone!

Karen - I would love to work from home, too...I end up doing computer work  at home on top of my regular hours anyway

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hammy did but it was hard for him, Tessa.  He sure gave it an effort and at .4 he pulled to the yard and said he was done!

He wasn't going to run another step. We were by the house and he was okay walking in. Quincy was all ready for more!  But we stopped and I hadn't planned on more. Hammy can't do a lot. It is funny with his turned out feet but he did do pretty well.

Camille did you get a lot of snow and ice?

Tessa how did RN friend do in her race?  Has she done it or is it coming up?  I know she wasn't trained well

Carol today was a long day for me. I just finished work stuff a few minutes ago

D migraine all better?

Karen no snow day here. Our super cold days won't start until Thursday

Laura hope you stayed safe

Marjorie