Post all!!

k

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Made it to Madrid. Other than the torture of being on 3 planes for something like 17 hours, everything has really gone smoothly.   Checked in easily, all flights on time and no walks between flights. The long one in JFK where I was supposed to switch terminals didn’t happen. Our international flight went out of the mainly domestic terminal. A whopping 4 gate walk. We got into Madrid 45 min early. All the worry about my documents were for no reason. The line was terribly long, but I zipped through the security and covid checks.  Hotel was the biggest issue. They “had a room” for me available what they didn’t mention was it was a cheaper and kinda crummy room. I only figured it out after a shower and looking around and checking online.  Complained so I have a few hours to kill until the one I paid for is ready. Kinda annoyed me.  So now I wait. Might go to the main shopping street and meander. Not really dressed for much. 

I’m on my phone, so that’s it for now. 

k

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Glad your travels went well, Kat!  It's for SURE a FUN FRIDAILIE for you!

Me?  Eh, just another work day.  And, no other plans but, that's okay.  Managed 4mi yesterday mid-morning.  Glad I got it in since it's even colder this morning.  42*  Brrrrr.  Restarted my Peloton membership a few weeks ago so will hop on the bike at some point today.  Committing to that at least once a week and it's been hard to double up on other days so I've just been riding easy on my "rest" day.  It feels pretty good since it seems I am extra sore and tired by Fridays.  Zero plans for the weekend.  Just a little more yardwork for sure.

Laura - Oh!  I saw Des' post of the light pole flag thingy in Boston but did NOT pick up on that about kids.  Kinda funny, she actually changed it on Twitter to say "...tell YOUR kids I was mayor..."  haha.  But, maybe!  Hope the Senior pictures go well.  Your DS is just such a cutie.  Does he have post HS plans, yet?  I know, it's only October.  I hate to ask about those things but it's truly out of interest!

HCK - enjoy the day off!!  I took next Wed-Fri off just because.  Figured a good time to finish up the leaves for the year but, who knows.  As luck would have it (since I didn't realize at the time), its MEA (fall break for schools) and my sister (works in a school) is also off Thur-Fri.  So, if the weather is nice, I think we may hit a winery!  I hope that can happen.  How's MIL been doing?

Karen - so exciting about the house!  Are you over the vagabond life?  Have you enjoyed it?  I think I would be VERY excited to spread out haha

Liz - when does your job officially start?  Glad you are getting your cooler weather this weekend!  Have a great long run tomorrow and have fun at the pumpkin patch!  I can't wait to see pics!

Cathy - I guess I wore a tank once last week but yesterday I even pulled out the mittens to walk the pup.  Guessing this chilly weather is heading your way.  Wow, another tempo?  Whew!  You are going to crush the marathon!!  Might be fun to use a coach.  But, you are so disciplined and dedicated you could follow any schedule.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

TGIF!!  Final packing for the Natchez Trace trip.  Need to drop off the dogs and load bikes this afternoon. My bike clothes are packed, but still need to put my regular clothes in a bag. And knitting!!! Must pack knitting. I was worried I was over packing, but saw on the text feed that two of the gals are bringing small coffee makers so I guess as long as everything fits in the car & trailer I am fine.

Kat--Have a great time on your trip!!

Check y'all later!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have a massage therapy session and 5 later. I hope between the PT and MT they can fix my butt/hip pain which is still around (although not as often as before).

Kat, have fun!

Sandy, mittens? We are still in summer weather here. Might hit 48F as the low tomorrow and I shall wear a tank in that. Big grin

Susan, enjoy the trip!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Perfecto morning - 46 degrees, no wind and clear skies so I was able to leave earlier - 4.2 miles.  Now, crossing fingers this weather holds for the evening, I just really want to get these pics done.

Decided to go to my Moms Sat-Monday, I haven't been there in like 3 months - was shooting for last weekend then the pic fiasco which in the end I could have gone since she (well, her spouse) cancelled.  

Kat - so glad the travel went smoothly, have an awesome time!

Sandy - yeah for 4 miles and I hear you on the cold...I am okay with 40's but we both know what comes after that....I am NOT ready for snow, ice, frigid temps, ick.  DS has applied to 3 Michigan schools, Central Mich (oldest DD went there and it's about 70 miles away), Ferris (which is a maybe 1.45 hour drive) and his top choice Michigan State, which is where he and his dad went, that is about 2.5 hours away. None of the drives are terrible, I think he applied to a couple of other schools because his good friends have.  He has no idea what he wants to study so we'll see. He is a cutie, I"m really going to miss him   the only thing I won't miss is trying to figure out dinner every night LOL

Sue - have an awesome weekend!!

Seloc

Sue - I'm so sorry I missed you earlier!  Have an awesome bike trip.  That sounds like so much fun.

Damaris - hope the massage helps your hip/booty!  OMG a tank in 48*??!!  Brrrrrrrrrrr

Laura - great run!  Lovely running weather.  Yeah, 40*s are nice in the grand scheme of things and could be worse.  Last year we got 8" of snow at this time!  Awwww, no doubt you will miss DS!  But, LOL on not having to cook dinner haha.  Sounds like he has some great options.  Hope you get the pics tonight and have fun at your moms!

Welp, 'tis the time to go back to hanging in the basement.  It is only 60* upstairs and I refuse to turn on the furnace.  Was a bit nervous the fireplace didn't come on at first!  GAH!  But now it's running and I can smell it burning off the dust LOL  Got in a nice long walk with Miss Lily.  She is now crashed out.  Later!

Anonymous Guest

I want to live a normal life in a house with a yard! 

Okay, got that out of my system. I decided this morning to take one more day off from running. A front is coming through mid day and knocking down the heat and humidity and the next week or so looks beautiful. Still glad we came back when we did as it’s cold and snowy in Pagosa already, but have not enjoyed this last week of hot and humid.

We went over to the house yesterday and it’s really getting close! I posted a few pics on fb if you haven’t seen them. I can’t figure out how to share from there to here on the iPad (it’s so easy to do in the computer….) so until I pull my laptop out, only fb users can see them. The floor is really dusty/dirty so it almost looks white in the pics, it’s really brown wood-like vinyl planks.

Kathryn, so glad your travel went smoothly, now enjoy the time in Spain!

Sandy, yay on the peloton- I see more and more people all the time getting them. I don’t think we have room for one in the new house, the workout room seems small. We did carpet in the master and one other bedroom (guest room) so of course DH said yesterday the other carpeted room would be a better workout room - a little bigger and a huge window. Oh well. We probably should have skipped carpet altogether as it wasn’t that expensive to switch the hall and two bedrooms to tile. Anyway, if you need a break from winter, we will have a nice guest room.

Susan, have so much fun on the trip!

Damaris, yes, keep working on the butt and hip!

Laura, awesome weather - hope it holds for the pics! As a youngest child myself, I remember it being really nice to be the last kid with the parents. He will probably miss this time with you when he goes off to college as well (but he might not admit it for a few years).

Jeez, iPad typing is a pain. Hello to anyone that’s posted while I’ve been typing and to everyone I missed yesterday! And thanks again to HCK, Damaris and Sandy for the Pfitz pictures! I don’t think I’ll be ready to jump into the 70 plan (wow, I used to run a lot), so 12/55 it will be!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning. Sitting here at work doing nada because we're short on parts. If I have to be at work this is the way to do it (they could send us home but won't). Getting paid to do nothing.

Border is reopening for us double vaxxed in November but Canada is still requiring a negative test to return and if I have to pay for that (i heard it's expensive and not easily accessed on your side?)  I'm not making any trips any time soon. I imagine that will change at some point so don't plan the FE until then. Lol.

Also,  I changed my Monumental marathon to virtual but haven't trained so I will be hurting when I try it

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Lori, will you do the virtual at the same time? We can run “together”!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lori, will you do the virtual at the same time? We can run “together”!

Lol. Ok. Save me a beer at the end. Should take me over 7 hours. Hubby ain't happy I'm attempting this. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

ccoakley

Kats, awesome on no travel disruptions!  Have a fantastic trip!!!!

Sandy, 42?  Mittens? Fireplaces?  It’s 70s, sunny, and humid here.  Soooo different.  Fun starting back up on the Peloton. And taking some time off next week sounds very relaxing.  Awesome you might be able to meet up with your sister!

Sue, have a great bike ride!

Damaris, hope they can make it feel better!

Lc Runs, hope the pictures work out!  And have a great trip to see your mom!

Karen, sounds like great progress on the house!  Very exciting!

Lori, sorry the border opening won’t be as easy as it sounded.

Had an awesome run yesterday which resulted in a complete break down on my run today.  Oh well, I had a feeling I was pushing it a bit this week.  We’ll see what I feel like running this weekend.

Today’s an early dismissal day at school so I’m signing off early to pick up DD.  I don’t know how parents with less flexible work schedules do it, it seems like less than half the weeks are M-F for the full time.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  RD for me today, did upper body/core this morning.  I have 13.1 at marathon pace tomorrow morning.  Not much else planned for the weekend, younger DD has volleyball games on Sunday morning, I think I will go there early (it's about an hour away) and run there.  Just for a change!    Older DD has finished the online portion of her driving test, I've been searching for a "newer" car, I will give the kids my 2005 Subaru Forester.  I have a 2017 Subaru Legacy getting shipped here for me to check out, should be early next week!

Kat, exciting that you are in Madrid!  I hope your new room is much nicer.

Sandy, it was in the upper 40's here this morning, looks like it will be chilly for my run tomorrow morning, feels like in the low 30's.  Woo-hoo.  Not really...    One more work of tough running, then I get to taper!!  I'm ready.    Nice that you will have some time off!  I am picturing you, Lily, and Leo hanging in the basement.  I guess one of the few good things about cooler weather!  

Sue, I hope you have a great trip!

Damaris, I hope the massage/PT helps.  Is the pain on both sides?  Does it hurt all the time?  I still have butt issues occasionally.

Laura, I hope the weather cooperates and you get those pics done!  So all your birdies are leaving the nest?  Happy and sad!  

Karen, the house is looking good!  TF hasn't run yet either, he did a bike ride on Tuesday but other than that he's been busy recovering.    Though he has a half Ironman to do in December, so he needs to get swimming!  

Lori, I guess it's not a bad gig to get paid for nothing.     Would you consider dropping to the half for the virtual?  Maybe a tad less painful?

Hey CC!  Hope you can recover for the weekend.  I would take your weather.  

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I have been trying to update for over an hour! Crazy work day. 4 for me this morning with an abs workout. Not looking forward to the run tomorrow because its going to still be humid. Ugh. However, the course we are doing looks awesome and will be around my old stomping grounds!

Not much happening for us this weekend except for the pumpkin patch. Hoping to see one of my good friends after my run tomorrow. Going to be a rainy afternoon. Looking forward to that cooooool weather!

Kathryn – Have a great time!!

Sandy – I can’t believe its already that cool where you are! We are getting it Sunday. SUPER excited. I might have to see if my long sleeves still fit! Did I mention my parents bought a Peloton? They haven’t tried it out yet but are excited. I was wondering if you were still riding on a regular basis. It will come in handy now that Winter is coming! What kind of yardwork are you doing? Leaves? Woohoo for some time off next week! I am looking forward to some time off around holidays. Job officially starts today but announcement won’t be made until next week. There is one person they have to inform in my area that they didn’t get the position. That person is on vacation this week. I think my pay increase begins today so it should be on my next check! Which is nice since I get paid biweekly and we get an “extra” one this month 😉.

Susan – Good luck this weekend and have fun!

Docket – Enjoy the massage!! I want one so bad. Ugh, nasty Summer here too.

Laura – That really is perfect temperature!! Nice run! Hopefully the pictures finally get done this evening. Aw, of course you will miss DS. You will be an official empty nester!! Then what? LOL. Have a great time at your moms this weekend!

Karen – The house is looking FAB!!! Wow, snow at the condo already?

Lori – Not surprised about the parts. HCDH and I have been looking at getting a bigger vehicle and there is NOTHING out there. We had to put a deposit down for a test drive. Don’t think it comes in until November. I just bought a car but the backseat space is smaller than we realized with the baby seat! I can’t imagine two back there.

Run4kupcakes – LR is Saturday. I would run with the Sunday group instead but my running partner was really happy I was there last week to run with him. I would feel bad!

Cathy – You are crushing your workouts! I don’t get on Strava much but always impressed when I see your runs. You are going to crush this race! It feels good doing longer runs but I feel so out of shape! 10 miles feels like 20, ha. I guess its progress! I don’t have the drive to do a full marathon anytime soon.

CC – Oh no, sorry about the run today. But great on the run yesterday! Take it easy this weekend! Though it will be tempting to run on Sunday 😉. Childcare and working are HARD. I don’t know how parents (like you!!) did this during the pandemic. I am looking forward to daycare time so that we have coverage for Friday’s!

Have a great afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Lol. Ok. Save me a beer at the end. Should take me over 7 hours. Hubby ain't happy I'm attempting this. Lol

Better near home! I normally have my phone in airplane mode due to battery but I can check every hour so we can tell each other to get our shit together and continue.

Damaris

Fundraising Page