Womens Running

TENACIOUSLY TERRIFIC TUESDAILIES (Read 19 times)

Seloc

Yep, I'm describing YOU, Karen!!  Well, and all of you bad a55 runners.  Post!

Seloc

Congratulations, Karen!  I hope you are still riding that high.  Your pace was sooooo steady.  I loved following along.  SO HAPPY for you!  Did you get to meet up with Cathy?  And TF?!!!     Well, well, do I smell an FE in RVA one of these years??  I'm game!

Liz - YAY for official offer!!  SO HAPPY for you!  You have worked SO HARD and I honestly cannot think of ANYONE more deserving.  I mean, you endured Mammel for so long.  And, more recently, all those COVID cleans and the dusch-nozel (soon direct report mwahahaha) trying to get you to do his work.  Sorry for the lack of sleep.  Ufda!  Hang in there, mama!

Carol - oh!  You went over the top.  I forget that you live more north and, honestly, I forget going up and around is even an option LOL. Hope northern MN treated you well!

Elina - been thinking of you!  Lots of changes in your world.  You asked about house projects - I've got nothing major.  Just the usual chores and fall cleanup.  But, that all takes time and energy   And, there is MUCH more energy on non-working days   I honestly do not know how people with kids manage it all.

Waiting to hear back from a vendor I need to work with this morning.  He's east coast so I hope he sees my reply early.  Will run after.  I cannot for the life of me manage to get out in the dark.  Mileage TBD.  But somewhere between 4-6.  I've always been looking to see what Garmin suggests and sometimes doing that?  The last couple weeks it was pretty close to what I was doing anyway.  But now these last 4-5 days it's soooooooooo easy.  And Sunday, it wanted me to rest.  Need to do some reading to see what it really looks at.  Does it take into account recent activities?  Resting heart rate?  Body battery?  Or, is it only looking if I've "done" it's suggestion??  Oh!!  And, I should back up - after the initial battery drain crap out, the watch has been functioning so I didn't return.

Get after it, kids!  Have a great day!

Seloc

Well, a quick Google yielded the below.  Still makes me go hmmmmmmm.  My body battery got to 83 overnight, recovery time is back to 0, RHR is within the norms for me and VO2 max is up a point but the suggestion is 32min at 125bpm.  Numbers numbers numbers   That's why I'll probably just run 

What Data Is Used to Create Suggested Workouts?

The following items all factor into your workout suggestions:

• Training Status

• Training load and load focus

• VO2 max value

• Recovery time

• Sleep data

• Profile of recently performed workouts

NOTE: Non-running/cycling activities that are performed on your Garmin watch do not directly affect the Daily Suggested Workouts on your watch. However, these non-running/cycling activities will affect your stress and therefore your recovery time, which does have a direct impact on your Daily Suggested Workouts, as shown above.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I didn't run yesterday so 4 today.

Sandy, go run. lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Sandy, nice to have you back posting!!!  You were missed.

Karen, Bad Ass indeed!  I got to follow a bit of you yesterday while working.  Steady indeed.  Sorry the wheels came off at the end, but at least you know with a mile left you can tough it out.

Lizzie, good luck with the call.  Finally you got what you deserve!  Wheeee.

Another work day, go figure, it's Tuesday.  First run through packing last night.  Will lighten the load some tonight or tomorrow, seems a bit heavy and I know I will bring some stuff back.  By stuff I suppose I mean wine.  Seems that's another go figure statement!  And some olive oil, paprika, and saffron for me and my wino friend in PDX.

Brought the cat tree out of my bedroom and Poppy is LOVING IT.  Going to buy another tall one for her when I get back.

OH, I worked a fill in shift close to two months ago.  Forgot to invoice them for a while which was my fault, now "the check is in the mail."  And has been for a week...  Yeah, sure.  If I don't get paid I will be MAD.  (And I invoiced them A MONTH AGO.)

As my boss says, TOODLES!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ccoakley

Karen, really awesome job yesterday!  Good luck with all your flights getting home

Sandy, sounds like a very productive weekend.  Very happy to hear the Garmin is working again.  I’m ‘loosely’ following a training plan again but for weeks all my garmin ever suggested was rest days.  Does your Garmin show you your exercise load?  Are you outside your optimal zone? I’d keep doing what you’re doing, your running seems to be going really well the last few weeks!

Liz, great LR Sat!  It looks like you ran thru Bryan Park, what was the deal with the farmer’s market?  I’ve been wondering how they’re going to handle it race day since the farmer’s market is new since the last time they had a race.  Sorry about the sleep regression, it’s only a phase it will pass soon.  Hope the official call goes well!

Damaris, very impressive 18 on the TM from last week.  Feeling like you want to add more miles to your LR is a pretty incredible feeling.

Lori, really sorry about all the races being cancelled and losing your motivation.  Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

LC Runs, I’d be super annoyed by the double cancellation too.  Hope this new person comes through for you!

Cathy, hope you had a great time in Boston!  Inspired to go for it and BQ?

HCK, hope you get some answers soon on your health.

Kats, good luck packing less stuff!  Your trip sounds so incredible!

I’m feeling more back to normal.  Friday was my CWS day and then yesterday the holiday so 2 days where I didn’t work but the kids still went to school was pretty awesome.  I got a ton of stuff done around the house including putting the Halloween lights up.  Also, reconfirmed yet again that I would not miss a fulltime job in the slightest.

I had an awesome LR last Friday and finished really strong.  I also had a really great run Sun with some strides and then was feeling fast so I ran a fast mile after.  I have to be more disciplined about keeping my speed sessions in check though cause I’m feeling some early signs my hamstring isn’t happy.  I have a 30min tempo on the schedule today but I’ll probably modify it depending on how the hamstring feels.  Either go slower or cut it down to 10-15 min.

It finally feels like fall here!!!!  I wore leggings yesterday and it was so nice and cozy.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Good Morning!

Busy weekend here. Rode 40 miles in the park Saturday.  Run/walk yesterday sucked.  My knee feels like it is out of the socket a little......been bothering me for a couple of weeks. Sad  I'm wondering if it is from the bunion on that foot--I think my foot is getting worse and is messing up my running mechanics. I think I may need to have it fixed next February. After the gravel ride in January, of course.

Karen---GREAT job at Boston!!!! Glad you had a good race.

Better get back to the grind

Later!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me this morning! Good run but ready for humidity to be GONE.

Another 3 hour sleep for me last night. Ugh. I am assuming this sleep regression is going to last a couple weeks so just going to try to push through. SUPER tired, though. Probably why I am sick, yet again! I had a cold a few weeks ago and now I have some sort of throat/cough/congestion type thing. I guess I could go get a COVID test but who has time for that? I actually attempted to find an appointment and they were all 3 days from now. I don't have time to hunt for an appointment. They need to make the home tests more available!

Got my official offer - WOOT WOOT. OMG you guyyyssssss - its a 35% RAISE! I MEAN....WHATTTT!!! So happy!!! My boss said she fought for the increase because she knew I would leave otherwise. Yup, she is right. Looking forward to some wine tonight!

Sandy – SO glad you are posting again 😊. I vote FE next year!!! 😊. Aw, thank you for the kind words!! I am stoked and so excited! It is SO hard getting out there in the dark. I have been having a really hard time. Glad the watch is functioning correctly. That does sound like a lot of numbers – I can’t follow that, LOL. I hope you just went out and ran anyway 😊

Docket – Have a great run today!

Cathy – How was the weekend?!?!

Kathryn – SO excited for your trip! I am looking forward to seeing photos! My parents are on their Mediterranean cruise right now and are having the best time.

CC – I hope the hamstring continues to improve and feel good! Great running the past couple days! It is starting to feel like Fall but its still so humid!! UGH. Ready for that crisp air. A lot of my neighbors have Halloween lights up! And inflatables 😊. So, is the Farmers Market new in the park? I never run through there so I don’t know. They made us wait 15 minutes before starting the run so they would have time to “set up” before we ran through. It looked like a fun place to go if I wasn’t running, haha. I am sure they will ask them not to be there for the race though? I would think? I haven’t ran the half in years so I forget the course. Or maybe the marathon course goes through there too? I have no idea.

Susan – Ugh, sorry about the painful knee! Awesome ride this weekend! I also have a bunion. I blame it on my dad 😊.

Karen – How are you feeling today?? Assuming you are heading home?

Margaret - Hope you are enjoying Ireland!!

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Congrats, Karen!

Elina - been thinking of you!  Lots of changes in your world.  You asked about house projects - I've got nothing major.  Just the usual chores and fall cleanup.  But, that all takes time and energy   And, there is MUCH more energy on non-working days   I honestly do not know how people with kids manage it all.

I'm doing fine, generally speaking Smile Reading all the stuff here, but usually late in the evening when already in bed, thus lacking energy to post/answer. We had a game this Sunday, really good outcome - only lost in overtime vs second best team in the country! Maaan, was I happy about all the aerobic, slow runs done that week - I had a good base to survive 3x20min regulation time + 10min overtime.

Tons of work this week, and TONS of WTF moves from Poland; I cannot wait being added to Scandinavia cluster. Today was just series of ''are you kidding me'' emails.

Also, I have a Covid test scheduled tomorrow as it turns out the girl I drove to floorball practice with on Thursday is Covid positive... I feel fine-ish, but better safe than sorry.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I am at the airport and boarding soon. A little stiff and sore, but I’ve definitely felt a lot worse. Tired, I could not fall asleep last night.

Liz, woohoo! Awesome raise and we’ll deserved! I could get on board with an FE next fall. My friend lives an hour away and said “you can stay with us, we have plenty of room now that both kids are out.” In my mind I was thinking I’d meet her for dinner or something but I’m gonna stay with Liz! Unless the child is still not sleeping, that is……

Sandy, add me to the list of glad you’re posting again! Sadly, Cathy and I did not manage to meet up, so we’re gonna need a FE.

oooh, we’re boarding- will try to get back on later for the rest of ya. But now, gotta fly for four hours.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ccoakley

Sue, sorry about the knee

Liz, awesome news on the job!  That's a huge raise, congrats!!!  Will HCDH get to quit the pizza job?  The farmer's market in Bryan Park now was the one that used to be South of the James, it moved during Covid cause i guess the new space is better for social distancing?  This year will be the 1st they try to run the half thru it.  The full doesn't go into the park.  I don't see how both can happen at the same time, I'm insanely curious to see how it plays out.

Kilmisters, hope your test is negative!

Karen, glad you boarded a flight!

I guess it was too cloudy for Garmin to work this morning , it showed my pace being all over the place in the same block so I stopped looking at my watch and just ran by feel...aiming for just slightly uncomfortably hard.  The hamstring never complained and I ended up running a bit faster than I expected.

I also met my stalker!  For the past few weeks there's this one woman that's always super nice and says encouraging things when I run past her like she knows me.  And one time when I was walking DD home from school she stopped and said she almost didn't recognize me with my hair down and no stroller.  It's been driving me crazy how she knows me so today I saw her and stopped to find out. (Right at the fastest part of my run so I didn't really mind the excuse to stop).  We don't know each other but she walks with her kids in the stroller every morning when I'm usually running and lives 5 blocks from me and she just started really paying attention to me.  She said she was a runner prekids and has been meaning to get back into it but just hasn't yet so I think that must be part of why she gravitated to me.  Always fun to meet a friendly neighbor and a nice distraction to look for her now on my runs.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Hiya ladies, I'm back from Ireland!  Arrived in the wee hours of the morning and had only a few hours of sleep so today will be... interesting.  Off of work today, fortunately, and I just need to get groceries and do chores around the house.  I think I'm capable of such things but we'll see.  The trip had some challenges (lots of paperwork, covid tests, flight cancellations/rescheduling, dad's mobility limitations) but we figured it out.  Ireland is taking the virus seriously, with masks required indoors and a negative covid test if you want to eat/drink inside.  Although I caught a cold, I've had three covid tests in the last 8 days so I'm not too worried about it.

I ran periodically, and will upload my runs at some point.  Have a few pics that I'll post on Strava or FB.  Haven't been on Strava or reading here too much, so I'm out of the loop on everyone's accomplishments, sorry!  Just a few shoutouts from today:

Karen, yay for Boston!

Sandy, glad to see you're back!

Lizzie, hooray for the new job and more $$$!  Well deserved for sure!

Kat, you're leaving soon for Spain, yes?  Hopefully your flights are as empty as mine were.  Lots of room to stretch out!

CrazySue, sorry about the wonky knee.

CC, sounds like you are an inspiration to your stalker.

Kilmisters, good luck on the covid test.

Did someone mention a FE next year?  Keep me posted!  I have no running plans at the moment and my calendar is wide open.  Perhaps relatedly, I haven't been running too much, just little joggity jogs here and there.  Waiting for the right race to come along then I'll get back on the wagon.  Later!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Oh!!!!! Yes please.  If I'm finally allowed to cross the border I would definitely love another FE.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday - survived work day #2 LOL

4.6 for me this morning- I waited until 7:30 due to the dark (cloudy here today which didn't help) so then mad scramble to get showered, etc but I made it happen.  Yesterday RD from running - I did abs and upper body instead.

Sandy - another FE would be so fun!  I hear you on the dark. I had a scary thing happen this morning, I was crossing the road to get on the path I typically start my run on and I saw a car on my left with it's headlights on, no one coming from the right, UNTIL I got to that lane (there is a center turn lane as well) and there was a truck with no lights on and it was gray so I did not see him.  Scared the bejesus out of me - luckily he was far enough back that I could cross but I would have been scrambled eggs if not.

Damaris - hope you had a good 4!

Kat - yes, they better pay you, how annoying!  Well, food and wine sound like great souveniers!

CC - awesome weekend running!  I used to love days when my kids had school and I was home, I was so productive. Now I'm home all the time and get nothing accomplished   Yes, my work friend has already made plans for Friday and the location...and all she wants is booze (Angry Orchard)  I'll probably get her a gift certificate to somewhere as well.  Now let's just hope for no rain on Friday...  Fun meeting the neighbor/friend.  Totally drives me nuts too when I 'kind of' know someone but cannot place the face or name..and those people always know who you are!

Sue - nice weekend ride!  Hope the knee feels better soon

LIzzie - oh, man on the sleep regression for Baby B and of course, Mama!  It will pass soon.  Wowza on the job offer and salary increase!  I just checked my salary with a 35% increase and I was like, oh, yeah Baby. Keep in mind I make pennies now but it would increase to dimes at that rate LOL.  You totally deserve it!!

Elina - hang in there!  Ugh on the covid test.

Karen - congrats again and safe travels! Bummer you and Cathy didn't get to meet.

Margaret - welcome home and glad you had a fun time!!

Hi Lori!

MyNonnaRuns

Karen-you had an awesome race! So happy for you because you deserve it!

Sandy-way too many numbers for this HR person. LOL and I don't mean heart rate.

Kat-I bet it is fun to watch Poppy on the tree! We are all shocked at the items you will be bringing back. So unlike you.

CC-woohoo for the nice runs! Sounds like you may get a run buddy some day soon.

Sue-that doesn't sound good about the knee. LOL on after the gravel ride.

Liz-congratulations on the raise!! That is what the good bosses do and the good HR teams tell them how much they would have to pay to replace the person plus cost of lost time. Right now companies are finally getting smart about retention bumps.

Elina-oh boy on the emails. hope you get a negative on this test!

Margaret-can't wait to see those pictures and hear about the trip. I didn't accomplish anything but others have been kicking a$$!

Lori-I'm thinking soon you should be able to cross but who knows. Miss seeing you at races!

4 yesterday, 4 today. I have a Mary Kay facial thing over zoom later tonight. Yeah me. LOL Would be fun to see you all at an FE!

-

Lisa