Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did 15 minutes of running and 30 of cardio DVD. Then I walked a mall twice as well as all through the big box stores. Quickly.  Does that count as cross training?

Today will be a track run right after work. I’ve had less sleep all this week so I hope to catch up with a nap or something this weekend.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - good workouts for you!

Sorry I have been MIA, ended up with an awful cold/respiratory thing end of last week through the weekend.  Was miserable for a few days.  Did manage to run a few miles Sun, Mon and Tues.  Got up today but it is pouring and windy outside, so hopefully will be able to get in a short run tonight after DS baseball game.  Feeling pretty much back to normal now.  Have an 18 miler scheduled for Sunday, probably not gonna be pretty lol.  Half is next weekend, can hardly believe it's almost Memorial Day Weekend

Hope everyone is doing okay these days!

Bikerchick1

Judy - what a busy day for you!

LCruns - Glad you are feeling better, was wondering about you!  18 miler....good luck!!!

Did a big ZERO last night.  Work was very busy, my legs were tired, soooo.....rested instead.  Tonight is Yogalates - I will make it to that!

Carol

ginnyb

Good morning,

Speaking of thoughtful Thursday Judy.......I ran 3 miles this morning.  It was raining pretty steadily.  Do you think one driver would allow me to cross, at the crosswalk?  Nope.  It wasn't a stop light, just regular neighborhood corners....one of my pet peeves.  Just how long do you think it is going to take me to cross a side street?  OH well....as the ,now, popular song says  "let it go, Let it go".

Yes, all that walking is definitely cross training!

LC...sorry you haven't been feeling well.  I can't beleive it is almost Memorial Day either.

Well I am getting cold sitting in these wet clothes, better get ready for work.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a massage therapist appointment and 6 miles tonight.  Work kept me busy yesterday with court and other stuff, so I was MIA.  Sorry about that.

Judy, nice DVD workouts.  Yes, walking around the mall counts as XT.

LC Runs, I hope you are feeling better now.

Carol, sometimes rest does wonders.  Hope that is the case.

Ginny, drivers suck!

Have a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Good morning,

Lunch time massage in an hour, then 3-4 easy miles after work. We are supposed to be getting a crap ton of rain starting early tomorrow, I hope it doesn't affect my 6:30 am flight!

Marjorie, yes, the online research is for work. We're trying to create an online version of our certified installer class. So learning lots about content development and learning management systems. It's a whole new world for me, but interesting so far. Need to develop an RFP by the end of June.

Judy, absolutely that counts as cross training!

Laura, glad you're feeling back to normal.

Carol, rest days are good. I could use one.....tomorrow.

Ginny, I hear ya! They are in their nice, dry, warm car, they can't wait 3 seconds for me to cross the street? But good for you for running this morning in crappy weather!

D, when do you leave for your marathon?

Set up my first Pilates session for next Saturday (of Memorial Day weekend) morning. I'm a little excited about it.

Looking at all Lisa's pictures on fb she's taking while in CA and getting very jealous. Although I did finally get my tickets to Dayton for my two days of "vinyl siding boot camp" next month, and am now planning my trip to Columbus in July for the Technical Committee meeting. And of course my fall goal marathon trip to Erie, PA! Living the life here, I tell ya, no reason to be jealous of a trip to southern California. No reason at all. Sigh.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, enjoy the massage.  I leave for Orlando tomorrow to do something there and since I'll be there we are leaving from Orlando Saturday morning.  At least tomorrow I will be resting in the car with lots of hydration and snacks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My flight was delayed last night then they had an issue that the count didn't match for scanned passes versus number in plane that added another 45 min. Then they closed a runway so just one for take offs and landings so another big delay. My bag was nearly the very last one off.  I got home 3 hours later than I should have.

Ran 5.1. Foot still tingles but better than it was. Shoes should be fine in a few more runs.

Pilates got cancelled. My instructor is sick

Ginny some rain here too but not too bad. It is raining hard now. Glad I avoided all that. I know driving this morning I'd get pockets of heavy rain. So the light sprinkles I had from time to time running wasn't too big a deal.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen we do that. We have an Adobe product we use for the training. We can create curriculums, certificates tests etc.

pit sucks on some things but when we have online courses we need to do for our therapists to maintain licensure etc it helps. Not all our stuff can be web based but some things are.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I wanted to jump in even though it's late. I'm in the company of those who ran in the rain today - it was pouring! I cut it a bit short at 5 miles due to thunder and lightning - I don't mind getting wet but have no desire to be struck by lightning. I was thoroughly soaked.

Sorry I've been so absent. We're in the dead sprint to the end of the school year and all the activities that go along with it, plus DS2 and DS3 are both playing baseball, so we're gone almost every night, with either games or practice. I've been keeping up with everyone even though I haven't been posting.

Off to bed-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2