Womens Running

Friday FUNday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

It is Friday.  It is a day of fun.

After cleaning, dishes, laundry, work, etc....  Oh, who am I kidding, it ain't gonna be fun till tomorrow!

My "other" family comes in tonight.  My GF and her parents, who treat me like family.  I am lucky.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

It is only fun because the weekend is starting!!!

I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.2 miles for me.

Oh. Em. G. It was 38 degrees and it was WONDERFUL! I was close to wearing pants and a short sleeve but my gut was saying long sleeve. I had a feeling it was going to feel pretty cold to me since I am not really used to that temperature. I was right! Around mile 6 I was glad I had long sleeve! No wonder I was born in January - I am meant to be "one with Winter". Wink It was a great run. I had a niggle on my left knee towards the end - I think it is related to IT band tightness. It has been bothering me since the race. I need to spend some time with a foam roller - will do that tonight! Didn't try the PB&J sandwich as fuel because, well, I really don't need to fuel for 13 miles. Next week I try!

Not much else to report. I am ready to start the weekend and not be in this shit hole but what else is new?

OH...a year from today...will be my wedding day! CRAZY. Just CRAZY.

Cathy – Okay, you just sold me on the vest. I am going to have to buy one Smile I forget how bad your winters are! If I lived in your area or Sandy’s, I might HAVE to become an afternoon runner. We have one guy in our neighborhood that runs in the afternoon. I NEVER see him in the Summer - I just saw him out yesterday Smile

Kathryn – I am so excited for your trip!! I hope you take so many photos. How exciting!! I am hoping to do an Alaska/Canada trip in 2020! Oh, I am also going to need to see pics of those Christmas tights! Such a cute pic of the pup! Have a great time with your family Smile

Tessa – Wow, busy week for you.

Run4kupcakes – You make a good point. There are a lot of shorter races offered this time of year. Are you signed up for any?

Karen – Daammmnnnn girl. Nice miles yesterday. Pretty impressive that you aren’t sore all over the place after 2 back to back long runs. Hope you had a good dinner and a good nights sleep! Are you increasing your calorie intake on these high mileage weeks?

Docket – Good luck on the run later!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

TGIF!!!  I actually made it to the pool and swam this morning and sat in the hot tub for a few minutes...heavenly!!

Yesterday I ran to the park and did the Beach Battle training...I actually climbed a couple of hands up the rope and 75% of the monkey bars!!  Woohooo!!!  and I am soooorrrreee today.  Swimming helped.

OMG I let the dogs out around midnight for a potty break and Skye snuck in an orange and was playing keep away from Stark in the living room. I didn't want her to try to eat it in my bed, and I did want to make sure it wasn't a turtle, so I finally caught her and tossed it out. Silly dog.

Lizzie--they have to clean the offices during the day for security reasons...need folks to be here. Glad that is done.

Boss is back and I have a meeting w her at noon. It was nice while it lasted.  I'm hoping she will cancel.

Have a fun day!!

Docket_Rocket

Liz, yeah, for 38 (and a short run), I wear a LS for regular runs with shorts.  I suspect I can wear shorts for up to 29F but 35F is the coldest I have run so far since my one and only run in 12F in Chicago.  But yeah, LS is what I wear for those.  Nice and chilly.

Susan, nice job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm a cold winp, but 38 and sun feels way different from 38 and dark. I'd be in pants for sure in the dark.

Lizzie, I just don't have the motivation to sign up for the shorter races. The 5k I did Sunday was lousy pacing on my part, so just not in the mood to repeat it. Im still getting out the door, just hard to have any enthusiasm to register for something given the utter lack of any improvement over the last 4 years.

Anonymous Guest

Heating up the hot tub for a little morning soak. Rest day for me.

We now know that when Huck has to pee at night his signal is to lick one of us in the face to wake us up. And if that doesn't work, he licks the other one of us in the face. Happy to know he will wake us up rather than try to jump off the bed and go, or just go in the bed. In related news, I was up at 3:30 this morning, then again at 4 (apparently after going out to pee, he realized he needed to go back out and poop). Finally slept maybe another hour after that.

Today I need to make phone calls, blech. Huckles is due for his next puppy shots and I am due for my six month boob ultrasound follow up to make sure what they saw six months ago was indeed nothing to worry about, as they assured me while telling me to come back in six months.

Kathryn, a day off cleaning is still better than a day working in my book. Wow, your trip came up fast. That is going to be amazing and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Damaris, enjoy the miles and the Pilates.

Liz, holy cow on that weather. Awesome. Although I don't really need to ever see a temperature starting with a 3 unless I'm racing. I'm happy with our 50s. Yes, I am definitely upping my calories. Extra breakfast, extra lunch, evening snack, and higher calorie dinner. Plus trying to take in more calories while running. It's kinda awesome that way.

Susan, that is awesome progress on the beach battle course. And yay for getting a swim in. I am laughing at the picture of you chasing Skye around to get the orange, unsure of what exactly it was.

DH just finished up a conference call, walked out and said "it's amazing how the fewer fucks I give, the easier my job gets." They better hurry up on finding his replacement!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

TGIF for sure.    Rest day today, will do my PT strength exercises and flexibility tonight.  Tomorrow is DD's last 5K trail race of the series.  She is only 3 points ahead of the next girl, so it will be a close series!  Forecast is for high 30's (feels like 30) and chance of rain.  Hopefully the rain holds off.  My manager at work gave me a backpack for my 25th anniversary.  I forgot that it was my anniversary!  I will also get a small bonus in my next paycheck.  That will be nice!

Kat, awww, have a great weekend with your "family"!    Your dog is a cutie!

Damaris, have a great Friday and enjoy the workouts!

Lizzie, haha, glad you finally got the Lizzie weather!    Is the wedding countdown beginning?    Funny, fast co-worker was talking the other day about how he has trouble dressing in this weather because the wind cuts through his clothes.  I told him to get a vest.    Haha, we don't forget about winter here.  It's here for 6 months.    DH was always more speedy than me, well, except for the marathon distance.   I'd like to think DD got endurance from me.  

Sue, nice job on the battle course!  The hot tub sounds great!

Kupcakes, have you considered talking to a running coach?  There may be one sneaking around on here...     I would like to believe you have some PR's still in you!    I suppose at some point I will have to face that I won't get faster.  Maybe adjust expectations, change goals, have age adjusted PR's... or just run for the sake of running.  Keep the excitement for running going.  I'm probably not helping at all.    On your 5K, I know it takes me several 5K races to get back into the swing of racing short distances.  Don't be too hard on yourself.

Karen, wow on the 18!  Talking about dogs and pee...  when we went to walk my friend's dogs yesterday one of them peed a little on the kitchen floor.  DD went to get a mop to clean it up.  Both dogs freaked out, one ran upstairs and peed a little on the carpet.  I guess they are afraid of the mop?  Or the threatening way that DD was waving it around?    I feel bad for your DH and the work situation!

Tessa, nice to see you check in!

Sandy, I may be biased, but I think DD is a super kid.    No, I didn't see that from the National Weather Service.  Warmer than average is good!  Though warmer weather seems to bring more snow.  I will have to check out what they say about WI this year!

Lori, no chocolate at all?  Sounds crazy.    Not even a little dark chocolate occasionally?  Antioxidants and all.  

Ginny, hope you are feeling better!

Cathy

Seloc

Hola, peeps!  We made it to Friday - woot!  And long run is done so I am happy about that.  Beer yesterday was so good.  The creepers at the bar, not so much.  My BIL saved the day.  TRX/Bells class this morning.  Goblet squats really help to stretch out the hips!  And Chiro this morning so am currently pain free.  It's definitely getting better!

Kat - awwww have fun with your guests!  Nice to have a 2nd family.  Hope the weather turns itself around a bit.  Such a cute pup!  Vacant?  Is she not all there upstairs?  LOL

Damaris - have a great 7 and Pilates!  I'm with you long sleeves and shorts.  Best running weather ever!

Lizzie - woohoo for awesome run!  Funny, I would never wear pants and short sleeves.  I hate when my arms are cold!  But, everyone is different.  31* yest and I wore shorts, long sleeves, a vest and gloves.  Dressed perfectly.  My legs do not really feel cold unless I touch them haha.  Wow - one year til the big day!  That's exciting!  Pictures this weekend, right?  Anything else on tap?

Sue - awesome getting further on the rope climb!  That is HARD.  I remember it being MUCH easier in elementary school.  Hmm probably because I was 50lbs lighter haha.  OMG on the midnight antics with the pups!  Thank goodness it wasn't a turtle - yikes.

Karen! - omg I think I need to start calling you WW for Wonder Woman!  Holy crap on all the miles the last two days.  No WAY I would be up for another 18 after my 20 yest.  Whew - you kinda rock.  I feel like you could run 100mi in two weeks and you still have 49 days!!  And, wait, you have a hot tub AND a pool AND a puppy??!!  I may need to invite myself down!!  I could use a little of all of that.    Awww smart Mr. Huck with the face licking!  Now he just needs to get #1 and #2 done in the same outing LOL  OMG cracking up at DH giving fewer fucks.  It does make life a little easier to handle.

Hck - OOPS on the birthday wishes!  Apparently I mis-read someone else's post.  But, hey. consider it early wishes.  Errr, um, late haha.  Hope you enjoyed some cupcakes regardless!!

Tessa - yikes, you sound busier than you normal busy.  Hope you and the kit kats and the fam are all doing well!

Ready for the weekend!  Going to watch a trail marathon tomorrow.  A couple friends and Diana are all running.  One of the aid stations is at mile 5.5 and 12.8 so I plan to hang at that.  Then possibly the finish depending on the weather.  Have a great Friday, everyone!!

Bikerchick1

Kat - You do have some FUN coming up!!!  Enjoy your company!

Lizzie - I’m with you loving the cool temps to run in!!!  Hard to believe a year from today!!!  What a beautiful time of year for a wedding!

Damarias - I see from FB that your temps have NOT cooled off...not sure how I would deal with that!  Enjoy your 7 and Pilates.

Crazysue - Yay for getting to the pool!  Why is it so hard to make ourselves do that???  I love it once I am there and swimming, but the thought of going  ....

Halfcrazy - I hate running 5 & 10k’s...would much rather do a half.  Guess I am “lazy” in the fact you feel you have to push yourself so much harder for shorter races.

Tessa - Hi!  You have been busy!

Ginny - Hope your neck/back issue is better.

Laura - Your job situation sounds stressful!  If you are going to GC, I will be driving, so you are welcome to ride along Smile

Ran a quick 4 yesterday...what a da#$ day it was...1 hour in the dentist chair to have a bridge sawed apart, only to be told, I now need an oral surgeon......then had sick grandson (have them all weekend as my daughter is at a conference and her DH is working)...ANYHOW, I am thankful it is only a dental issue...could be something so much worse.

Carol

Seloc

Cathy snuck in!  Good luck to DD tomorrow (and you)!  Sure hope that rain holds off.  Rain at 30* is kinda mizz.  I guess we need to start telling everyone how awesome it is to run in a VEST (Lizzie, that rhymes with GUEST hee hee).  They are kinda the best.  Funny about DD scaring the pups with the mop.  Silly pups.  Congrats on 25 years!

Seloc

And now Carol! - nice 4!  Ouch on all that time at the Dentist.  UGH.  Poor sick grandson.  Hope it's nothing serious so you can have some fun with them this weekend!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Sandy, I am glad you are pain-free!  That is awesome!  Ugh on the creepers.  Have a great time this weekend!  Try to convince Diana on Glass City.    It will be tough, I know she is not a road racer.  Thanks, 25 years here makes me feel old.  

Carol, sorry about the dental issues!  I'm glad it's nothing more serious though.  I hope your grandson feels better!

Gym this morning near A's place since I'm helping him out by taking the van in for new tires. Currently working from in a mall. LOL Watching the senior walkers making their rounds. 30 minutes on stair machine for me. 30 on bike.

Flights purchased to Italy to visit DD when she is there! Woot! 2 full weeks. Will work in some R&R once there (Rome & Riga). 

If anyone is looking for an end of August race to do I would HIGHLY recommend North Country Trail Run. Half, Full, 50 miles. HUGE medal. Lots of fun. Saturday half may be pretty full but still open. There is a half on Sunday also. I am doing the full on Saturday with the celebrity and will be met at the finish line of the Sunday half by cheering crowds drinking beer from lawn chairs. Consider it.. just saying.... 

Kat-Have an awesome time with second family!!!

Damaris-closer to the weekend already!

Liz-Nice run!

Sue-yeah for making it to the pool for your swim! Orange you glad you have dogs? sorry.

HCK2-I'd be wearing pants as well. I have no problem running in them but then again... Michigan so used to running in long pants since most of the year it is cold enough for them.

Karen-nice miles! LOL about DH's comments on giving away f's... wink! It's taper time for you pretty darn soon! Amazing what going slower can do for distance, isn't it?

Cathy-good luck to dd at her race! Nice to have some $$ to put in the back pack too!

Sandy-Have fun watching the trail marathon! Will there be costumes?

Carol-North Country next year.. be there! Bummer on the tooth situation.

Lisa

Update w the boss went well. Yay me.

Carol--Yes!! If I can get myself to the pool I am always glad I went. It's just that "getting there" part that is hard. Great 4, and good luck on the dental work. I need to go. to the dentist...ugh.

Karen--yes-- a full game of keep away and she was running circles around the sofa while Stark and I were trying to catch her. All the hair on her back was standing up and she was play growling .... in the middle of the night. Glad it was just an orange and not a turtle. You never know.

Hmmm....I need an item for a work project next week that is sold in the next town (about 30 minutes away).....I think I need to run over and get it... at Academy Sports Smile