Womens Running

Trying to Wake Up Tuesday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on  6-7 miles after PT clients this morning. They're forecasting 10-14" of snow tomorrow, so I should take advantage of the clear roads today.

TR: my mom gave him this little red wagon for Christmas, and he loves being pulled around in it. Play center today.

NRR: not too much- need to run to Target for diapers for R and a few other things.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5 miles of rolling hills with Sam.  She has PF and for some reason is allowed to run rollers, but not repeats on the double bitch.  I can't motivate myself to run double bitch before dawn by myself in this frozen weather (it is located on the northern edge, isolated part of town).

TR - Told my mom that "dessert smells really good." but wouldn't eat any.

FR - ate WAY too much yesterday, including a shit-ton of cinnamon hearts, my Feb downfall. Frozen pizza and spicy slaw tonight.  Maybe DH won't scream like a pussy when eating the slaw like last week.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

RR:  4 or 5 after work outside.  It is supposed to get "up to" 20 today.

BR:  4 months old today.  Going to try spoon feeding rice cereal tonight.

TR:  Is so cute when you tell him about something fun he says, "I'm so excited".  Today they are going to story time at the library where Grandma will join them then they will all go to lunch.  I'm a little jealous.

NRR:  A lot of stuff going on at work.  I feel like I have 100 little projects and they never go away.

FR:  Breakfast burritos for dinner last night were really good.

rg - Wow, that's a lot of snow!  Target is always good for an outing...I can always find things there.

zorbs - I bought cinnamon hearts this weekend, and they are not for me.  I need to get them in the mail before I eat them and need to buy another bag!  What?!  No dessert?!  He's crazy!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 8k recovery. Even though my legs felt tired before I started, yesterday's 13k with strides felt great. It's amazing how much speedier I am when it's not -30 out.

TR - Purposely poured a glass of milk on her enchilada at dinner last night and then continued eating it. Soggy bread grosses me out so much, I couldn't watch for fear of shrieking and barfing.

FR - Teriyaki chicken, rice, baby bok choy

NRR - Need to sign up for the summer/fall CSA at the local farm. They posted the sign up yesterday and it sells out pretty fast. We are going to sign up for the whole shebang this time: fruit, veggies, eggs, chicken, turkey, beef and pork. I am pretty excited about how quick my grocery store trips will become 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - 8x's hill repeats tonight, then we're going to the gym to ST.  The high today is -22*C (real temp), brrrrr.

TR - slept over at gma's yesterday after swimming and is spending the day with her today, she'll be thrilled to not have to go to the dayhome.

BR - can go down stairs now, knows to turn around and back up, she was up and down the stairs a dozen times at least last night practicing.

FR - made up my breakfast burrito's last night, so I'm set for breakfasts for a couple weeks.  DH is in charge tonight

NRR - I think I've sold my old dining set, a lady came and looked at it and says she's coming back to get it Wed or Thurs, so as long as she comes through, then it's sold.  She didn't even barter on price, said I'd priced it well, I have no idea how to price these things or what it is worth, I was having nightmares that I was selling some gem that's really worth $20k and I'm going to see her on antiques roadshow..

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - it seems like this is the winter that will never die!  Enjoy the clear roads today.

zorbs - ha funny about Dh and the spicy slaw, my DH is way more of a wimp for spicy food than I am too.

mer - ha, well 20 sounds balmy compared to our weather!  Hope you can catch up at work.

ernie - I'm so excited to see how easy running is on dry pavement, maybe sometime in March... or april.  Smile  Your CSA sounds amazing!!

Kantkatchme

Er- NTC maybe?

DHr- was admitted last night after spending the day in emerg.  He has diverticulitis? And a lesion in his colon. He is on antibiotics and has to stay for 48-72 hrs for observation.  They'll send him him with the lesson is gone I guess.  we went last night to drop off some pjs, iPad and toiletries.  Visiting hours aren't until noon so i just have to stay busy this morning.

moxieluvah

rg - cute about the wagon! ugh, winter just needs to end already!

zorbs - lol about DH eating the slaw! my kids never pass up dessert.

mer - cute about J.  DH wants me to go do ikea again, must plan a trip, you in?

ernie - finished breaking bad, soooo much better than the dexter ending!

-----

RR - 4

TR - was really good yesterday, hoping it continues

KR - I filled out the forms for open enrollment yesterday so she can do 4k next year at the school DH and I both teach at, we want to move to the district but haven't found a house yet.

FR - was supposed to be pulled pork, but since I just realized I didn't put it in the crock pot I guess not

moxieluvah

CA - yay for selling the dining set! I did some breakfast burritos and it is nice to have a fast b-fast, but still haven't figured out the perfect micro time that gets it all warm but the tortilla doesn't get hard.

kant - sorry about DH, hope it heals quickly!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - we keep saying we should get B a wagon or a sled.  When ernie and I went to the fair at the end of summer, B definitely liked riding in the wagon we rented.

mer - you don't like cinnamon hearts but ate them anyways? I would say mail them to me..but then again, please don't. Smile

ernie - I was telling Emma about our texting conversation re: mayo during the LR on Saturday.  She hates coleslaw and then we started talking about how nasty Miracle Whip is compared to mayo and we were both kind of gagging while running..nasty but entertaining.

CA - why does she hate the dayhome?  I ate this Thai stir fry (really it was just that goopy sweet chili Thai sauce on top of veggies/chicken/rice) yesterday at a non-Asian restaurant and it was surprisingly spicy, my parents were like, "what is wrong with you? you usually aren't fazed by anything spicy."

kant - I hope your DH is better soon, that doesn't sound fun at all.

moxie - B hates ice cream and the dessert he passed on yesterday was really very special, it said on the menu it was smores, but it was more like chocolate sauce and marshmallow fluff baked inside a pastry filling.  Maybe he thought the whipped cream garnish was ice cream.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

ernie - Isn't is kind of exciting that we are prepping for warm weather stuff?  I am amazed at the things that J dips, its just gross sometimes and I can't watch.  Although, her doing that makes me think of my grandpa who used to pour milk over a piece of bread and put sugar on it and eat it that way!  Glad your run felt good.

CAR - Yay for getting rid of the dining table.  I can't believe how big O is getting and so fast.  I try to tell myself that this time will go fast...why sleep through it when you can be up and enjoy!? Tongue

kant - I am SO sorry to hear about your husband.  That is odd that you can't go until noon.  The hospital that we delivered at doesn't have visiting hours.  People can come and go as they please which is crazy.  I hope DH is better and home soon!

moxie - I am totally in!  That sounds like a lot of fun.  When is your Spring Break?  I filled out the paperwork for J for PreSchool yesterday as well.  From what I understand, if he does 3K, he is guaranteed to be in the 4K program, but I am not sure how that works since we are out of district as well.  Although, I just found out that the city we live in has 4K so now to school choice, or send him where we live.  All these decisions to be made!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Kant - oh no, sorry about your DH, I hope he's feeling better soon!

moxie - that would be super convenient to have your kids at the school you teach at!  We're touring preschools this week.  Usually the very end of the tortilla gets crunchy but not the middle part.

zorbs - she doesn't hate it once she's there but I think 1. she's bored (she's the oldest and winters gone on forever), 2. she's a  homebody and would rather be home.  That's why we're considering putting her in preschool a day or two a week right away if we can make it work.

mer - lol, yes you really do maximize your enjoyment of the day (err night) when you get to be awake for so much of it Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Probably won't have a chance tonight, really need to grocery shop and promised EMRP's daughter ice cream for helping me with R so I could run.

TR: Took him to sushi with me last night and he was being bratty. In all reality, he was nowhere near as bad as some kids I have seen in restaurants, but was definitely not within my expectations for behavior. There were 3 kids under 3 and he was the only one being a turd, so naturally I was embarrassed.

FR: Sushi was good, oh I missed it. Only my friend whose birthday it was had eaten sushi before and some of her friends were kinda skeered to try it, so there was much ordering of tempura rolls. In the end they all thought it was tasty, but I was glad I ordered 2 rolls and edamame since nobody ordered anything that could be shared with me (eel sauce and tempura had gluten in them). I got a vegetable roll, and one that had ahi, salmon, yellowtail, asparagus and avocado. Yummm.

NRR: DH is off work til Saturday, yay! He will work S,Su,M, T then be off for 7 days.

NRR2- DH is going to have a meeting at our house next monday, hopefully our furniture will be here, but if you were having about 10 people over on a weeknight, what would you cook? I was thinking something crockpotted, but I'm picky and only like pork/beef roasts or beans done in the cp.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I'd probably do a chili, roast, or spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker.  Have you tried that potroast recipe of mine?

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- R has a little wagon that is his size, unfortunately he likes me to pull him around in it, which means being hunched over. I want to get one of those radio flyers with the big wheels for family walks. I would be straight up broke if we had a target. I still want one though.

zorbs- EHRMAGHERD I love cinnamon hearts.   THat's gotta be frustrating if the kid won't even eat dessert. Sounds like my nephew, unless its cheese or bread, he's not interested.

Mer- did you do rice cereal with J? I skipped it and did oats instead because rice is so constipating. But then again R was 6 mos before I gave him solids (doctor wanted me to wait til 8 because of allergies, but he wanted food so bad).

ernie- R dumped his dinner into his milk cup the other day and then tried to drink it. The funniest part was that he looked shocked when he choked. Dumb dumb.   I remember you cooking something was rapini that sounded really good- I bought some at Costco this weekend. What's your favorite way to cook it?

CA- Your set looks like its in good shape, and I'm sure its worth some money to the right buyer, but a lot of people think that MCM pieces are too dated. I damn near gave away MIL's dining table, it was 80's and very clunky looking even though it was a very nice quality piece of furniture. I hated the rattan seats on the chairs and canework on the back.

Kant- glad they figured out what's up with DH, sending healing vibes his way.

moxie- I'm jealous of you all with 4k!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07