Womens Running

TACO Thursdays!!! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Taco Day!!! I am tempted to just trash the chicken I defrosted and have tacos!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4.2 for me.

MUCH better run than yesterday. I think body pump was making some of the niggles worse! Feeling a little better today. Still have weird pain in my left glute and my legs feel tired! Maybe I need some carbs. Wink Anyway, THAT IS A WRAP!!! Training cycle is done. Ending this week at 22+. If I would have ran another .20 miles I would have been even at 23. That might bother me now...whatever, I am tapering Smile Lots of energy over here and ready to run some miles!

My flight is 6:10am tomorrow so I have to get up around 3:15. Because I booked in the "basic" class on Delta (cheapest), I can't be assigned a seat until I am at the gate! Which makes me nervous...and makes my anxiety at an uncomfortable level. LOL. I will feel better once I am assigned a seat! The race tracking app looks pretty cool. My dad downloaded it last night and was studying the course Smile

Hoping today flies by! I have a one on one meeting with mammel. He wants to do these meetings weekly now and wants us to come to the meeting prepared with the following: Projects we are working on, tasks we achieved this week, upcoming projects and things that we want to do in the future such as career development. GAG. I may just say that my career development goal is to LEAVE. Smile

Tessa – Yay for the double yesterday! Delta is who I am flying tomorrow. They are doing the fare classes now – since I booked “basic” (cheapest) my checked baggage price goes from $30 to $60!! Whatever. I guess if I am flying somewhere for a week or so, I would have to book a different “class” for a lower checked bag fee. Did not know that about lavender and pastel wedding dress. I am not sure that white will look good on my polar bear skin! LOL. Might be Ivory.

Run4kupcakes – Wow, nice speed work run. I knew you would have a great run after the rest days! Smile

Margaret – Nice run yesterday! LOVED your wedding pictures!!! Smile You two both look the same! SCORE on the wedding dress! A friend of mine got hers on sale for like, $100 at a trunk show. Aw, thanks for the compliment on the dress fitting. We will see! I am trying not to worry about the niggles. Hard to when you have so much energy and thinking time since its not being taken up by exhaustion naps and running Smile

Sandy – Good luck this morning! Let us know!

I really want tacos now.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

That is too early to be on a plane, Liz!  Ugh.

I have Pilates and 4.

And yesterday, I was scratching the shower tiles with a semi-rusted file/knife, and oops, I cut my quad.  It's like 2" long and 2mm deep but apparently I have so much fat or muscle (let's hope it's muscle), I cut through it and there was hardly any blood.  Didn't bother me much while running, but come on, I couldn't have cut a finger or something I don't use much?  Thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, sorry about the cut! (I felt the same way when I broke the toe. )

Wednesday was another great run for at least 60 minutes. I also saw a friend I haven’t seen for a long time. She is doing well and a good walker. Squirrels abound, all colors but red. As I went through the park where there is a tall chain link fence, about 30 tiny birds started darting in and out of the fence all around me. They were so cute, perching in the fence, then all fluttering around me as I ran through.

Today I hope to run the trail again. It’s raining this morning but I think I’ll just get the rain jacket on and go out. I need to make a short grocery stop as well after the run.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I flew Delta Basic down to Biloxi and it wasn't too bad on the seat assignment.  I flew United back, same basic fare but I ended up in the very last seat in the plane.  I hate being behind the wings.  I make enough money that I don't have to be so cheap and even though I called it "frugal" it still sucked.

You could make chicken tacos...I love those on the soft tacos better then the regular ones. Perhaps he's trying to be a better boss?  Maybe he was told to do that?

Damaris, wow...so I'm thinking bubble wrap during taper. And it's definitely muscle and not fat.

I got 3 in at the gym at lunch and 5 at home.  Hoping to do the same today. I've been so busy with projects I really haven't had time to keep up.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 this morning. This week is Cruisin The Coast (huge antique car rally) and I saw 8 cruisers headed out bright and early. There are over 9000 cars registered! I need to pick up my Southern Magnolia Ride packet this afternoon--I hope the traffic is not crazy.

Jake is hanging in there. Glad we didn't "off" him yesterday. It is so hard to know what to do. No vet available till Monday, so I hope he has a good weekend.

OMG I got an email that HQ is "too busy" to "deal" with my name change. REALLY??? WTF??  Should I reply to the email that if I die before name change takes place, all my beneficiary designation documents are on my desk bc I cannot  submit them till my name is changed???

Image may contain: Kevin Rademacher and Susan Melde Rademacher, people smiling, wedding

I wore one of the least expensive dresses from David's bridal.  It was just what I wanted. Something simple.

Docket_Rocket

Sue, my coworkers' name change took so long, she was already divorced when they did it.  That's the government for you.

Judy, right?  It's like, please cut something useless.

Diane, ha, that's what Karen said after I sent it to her. Nice miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Left proximal hamstring tendonitis possible tear.  So all soft tissue and PT prescribed but can’t get in until the 25th.  Could be worse. And feel sorta silly knowing that I COULD have just dealt with this.  But, now I know.  Will load up on Advil and get my booty out there for some MILES!

Homework Helper at the library last night.  Gonna be a regular Wed eve volunteer gig.  Kids can just drop in for help on whatever.  I got to do 5th gr math, 8th gr math and 6th gr math.  Everything from multiplying decimals to scientific notation.  Super fun!  The other volunteer is a 19yr old that goes to the local community college.  She is a trip.  Studying to be a mortician and super into taxidermy.  Gotta say that is all pretty foreign to me.  Made for some good entertainment for sure!

So super excited for my GUESTS to arrive in 24 hours or less!  Weather Sunday is looking pretty darn fab for these two!

Gatsby – nice miles!  Your training seems like it’s been going awesome!  LOL I was wondering if there were any Catholic school kids that had heard that before.  I did not go to Catholic school but friends did and my niece and nephews do now.  It cracks me up!  Hmmmm I somehow missed your wedding photos!  Will go stalk some now…

HCK – how about a wedding photo from you?  Nice job on the workout, speedy!  Those longer speed sessions/tempos are HARD but to me provide the most benefit for half and beyond.

Lizzie – yeah, wimped out on trying to run long this morning.  Yes, work is busy busy and the company that we acquired is trying to dump a bunch of work on us in a big fat hurry.  My boss is doing a pretty good job of defending it all but ugh.  Yep, you ARE going to cry at the cool weather tomorrow.  I’m wearing a long sleeve and sweater today.  DOH.  And, and funny, early this morning I was scrolling through my phone about today being taco day!  Was pretty sure that would be the forum thread title LOL.  WOOHOO on a good run and yet another KILLER training cycle in the books!  Oh, try not to worry about the seat assignment – I book those tickets ALL the time and have NEVER had a problem.  In fact, I’ve often gotten exit aisle!  So super cute of your dad studying the course.  I cannot WAIT to show it to you guys tomorrow!!  Good luck with your Mammal meeting!  OMG GAG is right.  LOL on your goal being to leave haha.  See you soon, lady!!

Carol – LOL on not being a fan of groom #1 haha.  32 years?!  Dang, nicely done!!  2nd time was the charm, I’d say!!

Damaris – what the??  Step away from the knives!!  If I don’t get back here – GOOD LUCK on Sunday!!  And say hello to Joan.

Judy – aww those birdies sound cute!

Diane – nice miles!  So do you need to change at lunch?  That’s great you can get some miles in then!

Sue – what is the Southern Magnolia Ride?  Awwww poor Jakey.  Glad he is a bit better.  Hope for all’s sake he has a good weekend, too!  OMG you are STILL dealing with the name change??  Redic.  What a GREAT pic!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Tacos sound good for tonight!  Super short intervals for me today, 2x(3x100m) cut downs.  100m is pretty short, the intervals took from 20-24 seconds!  It was 50 degrees with 30 mph winds this morning, I left the house wearing a short sleeve shirt and turned around and changed to a long sleeve shirt!    The temp was actually dropping as I ran.  My run ended with a "feels like" in the 30's.  Big change from our high of 86 and humid yesterday.

Lizzie, I will have to track you during your race, I'll need some entertainment as I'm standing around for 5 hours.    Congrats on finishing another training cycle!  I hope all goes well on your flight tomorrow!  I hate those one on one meetings.  Ours are every 2 weeks.  Speedy co-worker is still undecided about the marathon!  Online sign-up ended yesterday, I haven't asked him if he signed up.  The race didn't fill up, so there is registration during packet pickup.  There was a slight chance of rain for Sunday, and he was nervous about the sore ankle.  He doesn't run in the rain much so he is scared.  

Damaris, ouch on cutting yourself!  I'm glad it didn't affect your running!  But yeah, figures it would be on your leg during taper!

Judy, sounds like some nice running on your trails!

Hi Diane!  Nice workouts!

Sue, I hope Jake continues to improve!  Too busy to deal with a name change?  How long does it take?  Your dress is pretty!

Hi Margaret!  Nice miles!  Yeah, DH's uncle threw a pretty nice wedding for his daughter!  Probably the nicest wedding we have ever attended.  I guess if you have the $$$.  

Kupcakes, nice speedwork!  My intervals were even shorter than yours.    They were fun!

Sandy, I hope Doogie Howser has some good info for you.    I assume that you mean that your background check goes through in time, not that your background check fails.    15 before your appt?  You know what I would say.    I'm a little nervous about the 10K.  I don't like short races.  

Lisa, scary about those people in the dark.  Stay safe out there!!  So when is it proper to tell people that they are almost there in a marathon?  Less than 1 mile to go?  Finish line in sight?     Sounds like your wedding was a great party!

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Sandy, glad that the appointment went OK and prognosis is decent.  Not silly, it's always good to know what you're dealing with!    Homework helper sounds fun, as does that other volunteer.  Do you know that new math?!?  It's very confusing to me.     You are going to have an awesome weekend!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, are you in the Facebook group? I posted a pic there. Look for the one showing Elvis is still alive. Hamstring tears can be no joke.

Seloc

Cathy - OMG you ran while that big front came through!  I've done that before and it's always so weird.  It came through here last night.  Lovely cool and sunny today.  Has Lizzie giggling with delight.  Nice speedy sprinty miles!  OMG, no, I do NOT know the new math.  I was watching this one kid multiplying decimals and had NO idea what he was doing.  I had to do it my way to see that he got the correct answer haha

HCK - OH!  I did see that photo with Elvis.  How cool!!

Southern Magnolia is a supported ride sponsored by the Gulf Coast Bicycle Club. Distances of 12, 25, 40, 62, and 100 miles riding out in the country north of Biloxi. Usually about 200 or so riders. I don't think any of my friends are going, but I do know some of the folks.  I will do either 25 or 40 miles, depending on who I can link up with.  I don't like to ride alone.

dhuffman63

Trails

Luckily Sandy I don't sweat much so I just change into shorts and a tshirt and then back again when I'm done.

ginnyb

Liz...glad today's run was better.  You all are going to have fun, weather sounds perfect!  I know you won't relax until you get that assigned seat on the plane!  I am the same way, I don't like any unknowns when traveling.  I'm sure it will be all good.

Damaris....what a weird thing to have happen with the knife!  Glad that it wasn't serious.

Lisa...I loved the wedding dress with the hat too, very unique.

Tessa....Yay on the double the other day.  I have never run twice in a day.

Sue...what a beautiful picture of you and your husband.  Hope Jake has a good weekend too.

Sandy....Have fun this weekend with Liz and Karen!  How could you not???

I had legs yesterday and upper body this morning with trainer.  I felt pretty good after today, so I also ran 3 miles after.  We didn't have to be in to work today until 9:30, so I had some extra time. Very warm and humid here this morning, but supposed to cool off drastically, and then back up to the 80's.  Weird, warm weather for October in these parts.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15