Womens Running

(Over 40) Wise and Wonderful Women Weekend (Read 275 times)

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run today - still babying the ankle. I plan on going out tomorrow.

So I think I'm in for H-M. My MIL and her husband were here yesterday and I was telling her husband that I was thinking about running it. My DH got out the atlas and started figuring out the best route for me to take to get there. So I think I have his buy-in!

Marjorie - sorry about the crud. I hope it goes away soon!

Ginny - yay for you! I'm glad you were pleased with your time, especially since you were so worried about it.

Julia - you've had quite the schedule lately.

Lisa - I'm also excited about the FE.

Lisa-Marie - nice job on the race!  It does seem odd that they haven't posted the chip times.

Linda - hope DS's eye is ok.

Waves to everyone I missed. I'm going to go grab a little nap before I have to be back at church. Tonight is our annual Love Feast service, and the choir plays a big part. We've been prepping the music for 2 months. I'm hoping everything goes ok! Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

official time 2:55:13  pretty good for me

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

I made the newspaper!  You can see me kind of in the middle.

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - WTG!!!  So happy for you, what a great race!!!  Love the picture AND that you made the newspaper!

LisaMarie - Congratulations on your race as well!!!  Sounds like a fun time - great job!

Marjorie - Hope you feel better!

LisaMMR - I'm good with carpooling Smile

Is anyone doing the half at H&M???  I had swore off Full's in warm weather...but ya never know.  How hilly is this race AND do I want to know.

Had a "fun" 12 today, rained a little in the beginning....4 of the 5 of us are all over 50, so we had a good conversation about our "bat wings" and saggy skin....had some good laughs about it Wink 

Carol

ginnyb

Carol...I am doing the Half at H/M

ginny

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good evening, all!

Today in an SDO (thanks for the terminology).  I did do a 3.25 yesterday.  It was quite slow.  I usually don't run two days in a row, but I couldn't bear to let the good weather slip away.  I almost took off too fast, though.  I was listening to the Tran-Siberian Orchestra, and that is like an aural adrenaline shot!!  

I spoke to Camille on the phone earlier today.  She and I will have a coffee FE tomorrow.  I'm very much looking forward to meeting her and doing some running chat!  

Karen, Carolyn, Gatsby, and Linda - thank you.  That is encouraging to think that as I add distance, the speed will take care of itself.  I do enjoy the fartleks.  So, I will probably do them occasionally just to change things up.  I am easily bored by routine.  So, mixing it up will help me.  But, just knowing that adding miles will add speed is good info to have!   

Karen - As for the swimming... I get the sense that you're tenacious enough to get this done!  Gills would obviously help.  but, barring that, you'll get it!  

Lisa Marie  - Woo hoo on the race report!  Congrats on getting this one under your belt.  We can commiserate on the blood sugar issues!  I have pretty significant hypoglycemia and have to be soooo careful when I am exercising (running, core or weights.. doesn't matter!).   I always run with glucose tablets and I wear a Road ID bracelet.  

Julia congrats on the HM!!

Ginny- Yipeeee!!  All that worrying and you did great!  I LOVE, LOVE the pictures.  

Hooray for you ladies that are signed up for the Hatfield/McCoy.  If I didn't have already have a work related commitment on June 7th, I'd drive down just for the FE.  Sounds like the forum is going to have GREAT representation. 

My wonderful first running buddy (the one who moved to Florida) is coming to pick me up for our drive back to NY on Tuesday.  She's going up for the holidays and I'm hitching a ride.  I can't WAIT to see her.   She's going to save me from this insanity called my family.  

g'nite, be well

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.