Womens Running

Getting ready for Boston Weekend (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well to watch except Katen gets to race it

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Up early for a trail run with RB's Smile    Then lots of things to do before tomorrow.  I am not as organized as Marjorie  , and will be scrambling today.  Do have eggs/candy bought for Easter egg hunt...so that is a start.

Amy - Nice to see you!!!

Karen - Sooooo excited for you!  How awesome that must be to have your parents there.

Carol

Karen-so excited for you!!

Carol-tell me about it.  I flew in last night and we are hosting Easter dinner. Need to get baskets together for the grands.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Easter weekend. 6.4 for me. Misty rain. Wasn't bad. We didn't get near the rain we were supposed to.

Dad ad and wife got here around 6 last night. Turns out her fb page was wrong. Her birthday was the 9th. We gave her her gifts yesterday. Sigh. It is going okay, though

hope the run was good Carol.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 12 or 9 depending on the husband, who is taking his board renewal test.

Sue, LOL at the dog eating a sock.  Isn't that normal for dogs? I am sure you won't lost foster status.

Marjorie, I cannot wait to see how Karen does!  Enjoy the visit.

Carol, I am not organized at home or at work, period.  Yet, I know where everything is without looking.  Weird.  Hope you enjoyed your run.

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Pouring rain all day. I finally just gave in and went to the gym to run on the indoor track. 5 miles done.

Yes, I think we are all excited for Karen. I have her bib # and I am planning on stalking her through the race.

Enjoy your Easter day, ladies.

I, for one, am already tired of Passover. Just a few more days.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Hooray for Saturday / Easter weekend / Boston weekend / Passover.   Whatever you are celebrating, celebrate well.  I did a short run this morning plus my PowerBlast class.  Planning on a longer run tomorrow before my Dad comes for a Easter visit in the afternoon.

Marjorie, hope the visit continues to go smoothly.  You have gone beyond the call of duty to be the welcoming hostess.

Carol, good luck with your Easter shopping and preparations today.  As long as there are eggs/candy, it will be a success.

Lisa, see above -- same for you.

Damaris, good luck to the hubs on his test.  Hope your run goes well and isn't too hot.

Tar Heel Mom, good for you for getting in your miles indoors.

Karen, don't spend too much time on your feet this weekend before the race (if you can help it).

Off to take care of some chores and shopping.  Have a great day, everyone.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

8 miles today with the 2 friends named Katie.  That's 3 days in a row. Need to rest tomorrow for sure.  27.18 miles for the week. Getting there!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Had a great trail run with RB's today, it was beautiful out.  We wanted 6, but ended up with 7.  Was nice to get out there for a reminder of what is waiting for us next Saturday, although I am sure this is pretty tame compared to what we are going to encounter,

Marjorie - Glad things seem to be going ok.  How long are they staying?

Lisa - So glad to see you racking up the miles again!

Damarias - I'm sure DH will do just great on his exam.  Enjoy your run!

Amy - Sorry about the rain!

Gatsby - What is Powerblast class?

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We were supposed to get rain today but it has just been cloudy.

Back from dinner. They loved it. She says best food she has ever had. It was very good. I put their pic on FB. She wore the new scarf we got her.

We made and decorated cookies today. Her granddaughter is in Myrtle Beach on vacation so she will take her those

Carol they are here until Monday

Karen so stinkin excited for you!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Awww, you guys are the best.

Having a great time in Boston. Went to the expo this morning, then sightseeing and stuff downtown this afternoon. We went to the finish line. Everything is so crowded with runners, it's crazy. Part of me wanted to spend a lot more time at the expo, but the part of me that doesn't like crowds cut it short. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a couple sets of friends, then DH and the parents and I are going to the Red Sox game. And then it's the marathon.....I can't believe how many people are planning on "watching". Crazy.

So tired, I didn't sleep well last night. I think I'm about to head to bed.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning! I'm at DD's in Chapel Hill. I drove part way on Thursday after my mom's doc appt on Thursday afternoon. Her hubby is working this weekend, so we had a small Easter dinner last night.  It's so nice to see them.

I did 20" at the hotel yesterday morning then about 4.5 yesterday afternoon in DD's  lovely old neighborhood. It has big trees and lots of blooming flowers which made for a nice run. I'm just doing a few walk breaks now-trying to be cautious.  It's raining today, but I'm hoping for 4 more tomorrow a.m before I head back.

CArol, enjoy your trail  run!

Lisa, I've been meaning to ask about Linked in. You seem to think it's important to be on it. I joined a couple years ago at nephew's request, but haven't accepted invitations after the first couple because it just seemed another way to waste time on the net and I feel I  do that too much already. I just got a couple more requests. Am I wrong? Is it useful and should I be accepting these?

Karen, I'm so excited for you!  I hope it's the most amazing running celebration ever. Have you thought of flying to Atlanta for Chickamauga?

Amy, it's good to see you!  Are you running Chapel Hill again? Is your son a senior?

Gatsby, are you recovered from your bug?  Congrats on the job!  Loved your pics of the trip!  I may have said this already-I lost a post this week and now don't remember which one was lost.

Tessa, I hope you enjoy the choir and Easter celebrations this weekend. The schedule sounds exhausting.

Cindy, I hope your 5k was great... and drier than it was here this a.m.  Big race next weekend, right?

Carol, that trail run sounded nice.  Good luck this weekend getting everythingdone!

Demaris, I'm impressed with your recovery, too.   When's your next full?

Sue , I agree with you...dating is awkward and I've done just a little..and turned  them down when they asked again.  Then it's even more awkward.  : )  I hope you're having fun with him.  loL  on your sock eater.

Marjorie, I'll bet she's thrilled you gave her BD gifts regardless of the day.  I'm glad things are going ok with the visit.

I started this hours ago... have a great night and day tomorrow, everyone!.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

camille, yes I will be at the Tar Heel 10 miler next weekend and then back again in Chapel Hill two weeks later for graduation. I wondered if you would be there then. Are you staying for the race?

You said you were being cautious, I guess I missed that you have been injured? I hope you are improving. If you are still around Chapel Hill next weekend, let me know.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

LC Runs

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Busy and fun weekend for me....ran 5 miles Friday and 11 yesterday up in Traverse City on the  Leelanau Trail.  Had to deal with some lingering snow and ice, but overall was a great run.

Just back from 3 easy miles....the BF and I (and some of his family) are heading to the Tigers game woot woot.  Supposed to be a great weather day down there!

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Karen - glad you are having fun, good luck tomorrow!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Easter. Moved today as rest day. The weather was gross and I just didn't want to do the run before everyone got up. I need one day I don't have to get up that early.

Camille  I think LinkedIn is good if you need to network especially for jobs. I have it but don't need it so I just don't use it at the moment. I have a few people on it.

Amy is son graduating already?

happy Easter Laura

Marjorie