Womens Running

FINALLY FRIDAY DIVAS (Read 20 times)

outwestrunner

Checking back in...

Lucy - Oh no! I hope your grandmother is okay!

Seattle - Hey lady!

Slight vent here.. I'm pretty sure one of my friends is trying to be supportive since R and I have split up, but I feel she's really negative towards him and it gets on my nerves. It's not like he cheated on me or anything, we just aren't compatible. No need to knock him.

LucyBelle

Outwest: Aw, I think that's just how friends are post-breakup. It's like, oh, you guys broke up? I will hate him now. I think you should just be honest with her that it's bugging you. Say something like, "It was a really amicable break-up and I still have really fond memories of him, so we don't need to bash him, it makes me feel bad." There's nothing wrong with telling her that.

outwestrunner

Lucy - That's pretty much what I just said. I appreciate the rallying of the troops, but this break-up has been really different from any other ones I've had.   Speaking of R, we e-mailed the other day, and he's probably going back to Alaska for work this summer.. This confirms a lot of things for me, like he wasn't ready for a "regular" job, we weren't really compatible for the long run, etc., Plus him being gone away gives me more impetus to get my own life here, because the chances of us meeting up this summer are HIGHLY unlikely.

MA runner girl

Lucy - So sorry to hear about your grandmother! I hope everything is ok. Hugs.

Outwest - oh geez, sorry about your friend! One of my best friends broke up with her boyfriend in the fall. We had a girls night and my aunt was seriously bashing him, and my friend (she's my cousin's cousin on the other side) was almost in tears over it. It made me mad because she clearly loved him and it just made it worse! And now they are back together and my aunt has put all that out there... ouch!

Posted on FB but basically the ultrasound was good. I'm 2-3 cm dilated and 80% effaced still, but there is still some space between his head and the bottom of my cervix so whooo knows! This boy is a mover and stubborn, that's for sure.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

MArunner: Your friend's/aunt's situation is yet another reason I have learned to NEVER badmouth someone's boyfriend after they break up. If they end up getting back together, you're screwed! This happened to my cousins, who happen to be coming over tonight, but my male cousin P, was dating this girl, K, and told his sister, M, that he wanted to break up with K. M started saying how glad she was they were going to break up, how she never liked her, she was annoying, etc...lo and behold P and K got back together within 2 weeks. And now P knows M can't stand K. Awwwwwkard.

ETA: None of us like K, either, but I won't say anything. Joking

MA runner girl

Lucy - Exactly!!! Noone wants to know that you hate thier SO... LOL The crazy thing is that my friend's BF is my DH's best friend! So not only was my aunt bashing her BF, but my really close friend too!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

outwestrunner

Haha! Oh man... my mom usually badmouths our ex-boyfriends, but I made it clear when I told her about R leaving that there was no reason to badmouth anyone in this situation.  Today, when I told her about him probably going back to Alaska, she said "oh I guess this means he is'nt going to [brother-in-law's retirement party in West Yellowstone this summer]". Uhh right. Why would I bring him to something like that when we're broken up?

lizo_77

lucy: sending good healing vibes your grandmas way!