Womens Running

Monday Madness Supermoms (Read 26 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

WOOT HOOO, Congrats Mer - Now I know where the 'you can do it with 2' thing came from ... Smile

RR - Meeting old RP for a gym workout this morning.

TR - slept past 7 two mornings in a row!!  She's so much happier when she does, and so are mommy and daddy.  She's sleeping at gma's tonight though, so hopefully gma doesn't break her Smile

BR - her and DH got to bond a bit this weekend, and she won him over, not that DH wasn't before, but he doesn't 'get' babies much, but loves older babies and toddlers.

FR - not sure, DH and I are alone w/ O tonight.  I think DH has some port he wants us to drink, I don't know if I'm up for finishing the half bottle, but I'll have a glass for sure.

NRR - just over a week until FLORIDA!! Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I'm guessing you can leave B at the sitters after work? Do you have to sneak in? That's nice if you can, much easier to run if you don't have to entertain a toddler!

rg - bummer that your brother was sick, I hope you managed to clean all the germs away! M has pants like that, I need to go through her drawer again!

ernie - S's party sounds super fun! I don't think I know 50 people to come over! My DH used to have friends over and I'd just go to bed (they'd be common friends, but his before we met)... I have no pride when it comes to bedtime.

Jen - bummer on the bad run Sad , take a rest day girl, you're starting to run as much as RG! Good luck w/ the observation!

mer - congrats again! Mmmmm your snack after your run sounds sooooo good, and so a pgr snack Smile

bermy - you'll rock the independant american thing! Is the house all set up? Have you been cooking up a storm in that awesome kitchen?

shel - omg on the poop in the green painted tub! M would have done that for sure if I'd have let her paint in the tub... she was famous for pooping in the tub.

mzm - I often have TM runs like that! I can't cook dinner stuff in the slowcoooker overnight, freaks me out to smell dinner all night long.

becky - yay massage!! boo ccranky toddler!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Jen - I also was not feeling my runs this weekend...I think it's the winter blahs. The gym birthday party sounds like it was awesome! LOL on devouring the cupcake. I loved the picture of him all covered in chocolate. Good luck with your teaching observation! Sometimes it's better to be tired because you're too tired to get nervous!

Mer - CONGRATS! So exciting! Ha, when I was reading your FR I was thinking, "my goodness, is she pg or something?" and then I got to your announcement! Very impressive pg mileage this months and don't worry, everything will fall into place by October!

Bermy - Have a great day in the new house!

Shelby - Great running this weekend. I am glad all that mileage is paying off for you! Eek on the tub poop! Sounds like a serious mess. So annoying that everything gets delayed but your school always starts on time.

Mrszm - Wow, that's a long break from school for DD1. No wonder she didn't want to get up early, it would be like the first day back to work after a vacation, when you want to kill your alarm clock. Great TM pace!

Becky - Yikes on the drama. Sounds nasty. Glad you were able to get a good mountain run in the end, though. Enjoy your massage!

CA - Yay for sleeping in past 7 am! Anything after 7 am makes such a big difference. Ha, I think I would die if I drank half a bottle of port, so I don't blame you for thinking you might stick to one glass!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4 m stroller run yesterday. Finished the week with 16.8 miles, need to get back up to 20-25 again. I keep bringing up speedwork and RP keeps saying she would rather do hills. Yes, hills are important, but for a flat 10k we really need to be doing speedwork. Going to meet up with my other RP for speedwork on Tuesdays hopefully.

BR: Had an up and down day yesterday, lots of mood swings. We spent about 90 minutes at the park in the morning, and he was in the swing for at least 30 of that. He was falling asleep and got pissed off when I told him it was time to go. Was in a really good mood this morning, hopefully he's nice at daycare today.

FR: Last night was grilled cheese and tomato soup. Still haven't had the nice dinner that I bought all the stuff for because DH was gone on a structure fire on Saturday night then he said his sinuses hurt last night and he'd rather wait.

NRR: Had an argument with DH last night. I feel bad because I was rude to him, he leaves for work really early in the morning, so I have no idea where we stand today.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- sorry B is being such a butt about potty training. My sister had to do a instant and long term gratification plan to get her kids to PT. There was candy and sticker chart for instant gratification, and then if they went a whole week without accidents, the family got to go out to dinner at a place of the potty training kid's choosing. If B doesn't care about going out to eat, maybe he could earn a small toy each week?

runnergirl- sorry your bro was sick. Its awful being sick when you aren't at home, I hope he feels better and that you guys don't catch it.

Ernie- Glad S had a good birthday. I can't wait until R finishes cutting these last couple canines and then we are done until the 2 year molars hit.

Jen- that indoor play place sounds awesome, R would have a blast at one of those! Good luck on your observation today. I love the new pics you put on FB>

Mer- Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't figure out I was pg with R until I had implantation bleeding and made a comment to my sister that I had the most annoying short/light period and she told me to test. I've been having a little bit of baby fever lately, but DH and I discussed it a while back and its off the table until we are in the new house.

Bermy- Are you guys moving much of anything from Bermy, or are you buying everything new? Glad you are liking your new place and neighborhood!

shelbyjo- knock on wood I have not yet experienced poop in the tub, and hope I never have to!!!!  Was that Monkey Bizness that you guys went to? I might see about going to one of those places next time we visit Denver.

mzm- I've been going through a "reflection period" too lately I guess. I think that was part of my fight with DH last night, we are just on really different schedules lately and I don't think he understands what its like for me so we are a little out of synch.

Becky- Why doesn't your mom tell those people to get lost? There are a million people out there that would love to have someone watch their kid, maybe she should start looking for a new one. I know she probably loves the kiddo, but sometimes the parents make it so its not worth it.  Ugh I hate working on divorces, I would lose my mind if I had to do those or Estates on a daily basis-- people are so WEIRD.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I think I'm going to see if R's godmother would take him overnight one evening on the weekend so we can go on a proper date. I'm jealous of your vacation!

strollermama

spike - So sorry to hear about the fight!  DH and I usually have to fight over the phone and I always hate hanging up angry...

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runninmer

Thanks, everyone.  Smile

zorbs - How does time go so fast when on FB?  I will never figure that out.  I hope your 10K goes well.

rg - I saw the pics from this weekend and looks like the boys had a great time.  What does your DH do?  I hope it is warm enough for R to join you on your run.

ernie - Glad the party was a success.  How did S sleep that night?!  I bet she was beat.  50 people is a lot!  Glad it was a good time.

jen - I loved the pics of J covered in chocolate.  All I could think of,  knowing how cleanly you are was, Jen must have been freaking out about the mess! Ha!  Glad yesterdays run went well.   Do they only do birthday parties there or can you take J there just to get out of the house?

bermy - I had thought about just asking you if you had any blanket patterns that I could use as a way of telling everyone.  That will be my next project...I really want to make this baby its "blankie", but I need to find patterns.  Enjoy settling in to your home!  You don't have to make me anything.  Blush

shelby - I don't feel the best.  I am pretty nauseaous (sp?) constantly and eat about every 2 hours.  No puking yet, just gaging while brushing my teeth, but that happened while I was pg with J.  You didn't do the 20 on the TM did you?!

mrszm - That is an AWESOME pace.  I always find it interesting that we are a group of runners, but very rarely talk about pace!  You are right, this way of getting  pg is much better than the emotions that I went through the first time around.

becky - Love how stress fuels runs! Smile  I hope you get everything sorted out.  Yes, I do want to stay in bed and watch spiderman! I honestly didn't have an inkling that being pg was the cause of the symptoms.  Because, you can't get pg when you aren't getting a period, right?!

CAR - I keep telling this baby to be a good baby, that sleeps, and doesn't cry!  Ha!  Yay for Florida!  Warmth would be awesome right  now!

spike - Do you foreshadow with R?  If we tell J that something is coming up, or the order that we are doing things, he seems to handle them much better than if we just spring it on him.  You are doing great with your mileage.  Sorry about your fight with DH.  I hate ending a day and starting the next that way.  Can you text him or anything?  A date night sounds awesome!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Re: Fight- we don't do it very often and we aren't yellers. It was just hurt feelings and a talk in bed. I feel bad and had really odd dreams all night and didn't sleep well because of it.

Mer- I'll have to try that with R to see if it makes a difference. He was in a weird mood with a lot of ups and downs yesterday in the morning. He was a lot better after his nap, and I made sure to do something he wanted to do outside for a good 10 minutes or so before we got in the stroller- he's got this ride on firetruck thing that MIL gave him and he always wants to go on it, so I pushed him around for a while, then for good measure did it for several more laps than I wanted to and R was nice about going running.

strollermama

mer - NO way on the 20 on the TM.  I ran 1/2 on the TM (while H napped) and then the rest with H in the stroller and the dog.

Forgot to mention, I went to the bike store and got a new tube and guards put in both tires.  Can't wait to test it out.  Now if only there weren't so much snow!  I really want to go buy a sled so I can at least take H for a sled this afternoon.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Marathonjen

OBSERVATION IS OVER!  No idea on what he thought but I was good with it.  Hopefully he isn’t too harsh.  Just so glad its over!

Shelby – Great job on the weekend runs.  Oh no on the poop.  What a great idea though to paint in the tub.  Glad he had fun at the indoor play place.

Mrszm – What is a reflection period?  As in, where to go next?  I think I am in the phase too.  LOL to DD2 coming down in her underwear to show you her lack of nailpolish.  Great job on the speedy run!

Becky – Ugh on the stress.  It sucks when someone else puts your family in their drama.  Enjoy your massage…you deserve it.  Yum…grilled cheese sounds good to me.

CA – Glad M slept in for 2 straight mornings…hopefully it’s a trend.  Glad O and daddy had some nice bonding time.  Have fun tonight with just the 3 of you.  Oh…I still have over 4 weeks until Florida.  Enjoy.

Spike – I hope you can get some speedwork in soon.  Sounds like you have a plan.  Sorry R was moody.  All this grilled cheese talk makes me want some.  Sorry about your fight with DH…hopefully you’ll have some time to talk tonight.

Mer – The place is open everyday just to go in and play.  I think we should take the boys when you guys are here!

beckykay

So unmotivated today.  I am watching the suit & tie video on youtube rather than working.....I love me some JT.

Zorbs:  I love jamming out on the TM.  I have to be careful though since my running playlist is not kid friendly.

RG:  Ugh, I hope you don't get sick!

Ernie:  LOL, chocolate cake would perk me up too Smile  Holy smokes, 50?

Jen:  Hahahaha, C never eats a whole cupcake.  Mostly the just the cake.  He hates getting messy so he usually asks me to scrape the icing off for him.  So glad Sunday's run was much better, mine was too.  Saturday was just a suckfest.

Mer:  All I could think about was eating this weekend while I was running.  I wanted chocolate cake so bad....but I didn't have any.  Too lazy to run to the store as well.  Now I am still dreaming about it.

Bermy:  Have fun today!

Shelby:  Can you send some fresh feeling legs my way Smile  I saw all the snow you guys are having, yikes!

MrsZM:  Reflection period?  Is that when you look back on your life and wonder how you got here?

ok, page 2

beckykay

CA:  Dh doesn't get babies either.  Woohoo for FL!

Spike:  Its ok, I am pretty sure he won't be bothering them anymore.  Not if I can help it....My mom has watch the kiddo for almost 4 years now so she is like family to her.  She won't just tell them to bug off because both the parents are crazy and she is the only thing stable in the kids life....she's a sucker for trying to help these kinds of poor kiddos.  Hope things are all good in the hood.  Did you guys go to bed angry?

runswithrocky

Congrats Mer!!!!!!  Our BFP for #2 was much easier and faster than for #1.  I still have "Oh sh!t" moments with this one and it's only 9 weeks away!  I'm sure we'll both figure it out.

nolamama

CQTM

YAY Mer!! Congrats!