Womens Running

Watery Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Rain here. A storm or two. We are already starting midweek.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thirty-five minutes at the track practicing my breathing. It is really helping because it dramatically lowers the effort level I feel when I run.

Track run today after work. Going to treat a friend to dinner afterward.

Damaged thumbnail is still coming off. Poor thing. Even though I have a constant black toenail, it has never come off. I should be grateful.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope the nail comes off without a problem.  Great job as always on the running!

LCruns - Sounds like a great race for you at Bayshore!!!  20 miler this week-end....good luck!

Karen - Which fall Marathons did you and Tessa sign up for?

Did a 1 hour bodysculpt class yesterday..........thought my arms were going to fall off!  Then went out to The Forest for a 1 hour trail run with RB.  It was very hot and humid.  Tonight dinner with RB's to plan our "attack"....summer training for Grand Canyon!

Carol

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday!!

Probably no run for me today, opted for extra sleep this morning and tonight is DD's band concert.

Judy - enjoy your track run and dinner with your friend!

Carol - enjoy the dinner and marathon planning

ginnyb

Weights this morning.  I really hate doing weights, it is like torture for me and I really still have horrible arms!  The arms were a gift from my grandmother on my mom's side, weight training has never seemed to touch them.  I guess if I hadn't done weights for years maybe the flabby part would be hanging down even further???  I even have cellulite on my arms, who has that???  Enough self-deprecation for today!  LOL!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bummer!  I got up early to ride and after 2 miles saw lightning so I went back to the house.  Still not raining.  Sad  At least I was on time for work.  Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had some Hanson intervals yesterday and after having an asthma attack on the third interval, I decided Hanson is too hard for my lungs so I'll be doing something else for San Francisco.  SRD or a run with hubby tonight.

Tessa, congrats on the great performance!!!!!

Judy, ouch the thumbnail  Enjoy the track workout.

Carol, reading about it makes my arms want to fall off.

LC Runs, enjoy the concert and the rest day.

Ginny, congrats on doing the torture workout.  I actually like weights but lack time to do them.

Sue, boo at the lightning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

No water here except what I need to carry and pour on the plants. Next time it rains will probably be November.

Yep, one mile loops. All on private property.

Carol, Grand Canyon? When? And Karen and I are signed up for Hartford on Saturday and Rhode Island on Sunday. One way to get two states in one trip, and I've never been to New England except one quick business trip to Boston about 8 years ago.

No run this morning, I slept an extra hour with a purring cat. Ed can produce quite a purr for a 6 pound moggy.Gym at lunch.

Anonymous Guest

So our realtor seems to have found the perfect house for us in Texas, just 5-6 months too soon. It will be a shame to let this one go. Three car garage, pool, hot tub and big fenced yard, at the end of a cul-de-sac, big "game room" that would work for the bike trainers and TM, etc. And selling for about $100k less than we will probably be able to get for our house here. Most of those features are not that hard to find, but the 3-car garage is not. And those that do have 3-car garages are generally much bigger houses, like 4,000 square feet which we definitely do not need! This one I think is 2,300, which is about what we have now not including the basement.

Carol, we are doing Hartford, CT on Oct. 11 and Newport, RI on Oct. 12. I'm also doing Erie, Baltimore and Rehoboth Beach this fall, and I'm sure Tessa has her list of "others" as well. Exciting coming up with a Grand Canyon plan!

Judy, ouch on the nail! For some reason, that sounds more painful than a toenail.

Laura, I always opt for extra sleep! Which is a problem lately because we're having hot weather, which leads to unsettled air and afternoon thunderstorms. Yesterday I just got my miles done before the storms, but today they are predicting them earlier, like starting at 4, when I will be walking to the train after work.

Ginny, you and me both on the weights. I like that the Pilates I did Saturday (and going back this Friday) works my arms and upper body as well as core. And legs. Hoping to get more comfortable with it and that will translate into mat sessions or DVDs. Because I suck at weights.

Crazysue, stupid lightning! I hate that.

Damaris, that sucks about the asthma attack during the workout. Is the coach you were working with before able to come up with workouts that don't trigger attacks like that? Are you going to use him again for your fall marathon? I'm starting Hansons next month for Erie - bought a plan that is even more miles and tougher workouts than the book. I'm a little nervous about that. The advanced plan in the book last spring kicked my butt.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Ginny, it's quite warm and humid here and you would be welcome to it!  I think it's safe to say your arms are better with the weights. At least, I tell myself everything I do helps. Maybe it's wishful thinking. : )

Marjorie, let's hope your hubby's flight is early.  45" is pretty tight in Atlanta.  Darn on the toe.

Laura, woo-hoo on that  half time!  Good luck with RP and long run.

Tessa, one mile loops?  Remarkable.

Carol, Grand Canyon sounds so exciting. When are you going?

Demaris, I got the Hanson book a couple years ago and decided it was too tough, but interesting.  I always found looking for a plan exciting.

Karen, any possibility the house will wait a couple months?  Are you doing Chicamauga?  I don't see it on the list and it's quite a list you have. : )

Hi, Judy and Sue.

I feel a bit better today and did  a couple very slow easy ones.  I'm debating what to do about my airline ticket.  I had a rare (found in Dec) 12,500 mileage ticket to Anchorage, which I had to cancel. Since there's a 125 change fee, yesterday when I talked to AK airlines, she recommended I wait to rebook until I'm sure I can fly  again. Yesterday all seats in the next couple weeks were 30,000 miles. I just looked and one has opened up on their best flight for 20,000 next Monday. Others are still 30,000. I'm so tempted to chance it. I'm coughing much less, but my ear still feels full. Wish ENT appt was today.

PBORB7193976484

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 until my toe started to let me know it was time to stop. 3 were at Tempo so I cant complain.

Camille I will be amazed if he makes his flight. Only if his Charleston one is delayed. He will be landing at 730ish. Very busy time in ATL. But, it is always busy.   I fly through ATL all the time so I know it will be close.

Judy poor nail!

carol good thing the arms did not fall off.

Karen oh that is tough. Three car garage houses go pretty fast. Hope another will come up when you are ready to actually buy.  the only thing with the housing market now is they go pretty fast again. Good when selling but tough when buying. We've been through both with all our moves over the years. Moving here outer house in NC so,d in a few days. We put it up in Feb thinking we'd be lucky to have it sold by end of May since we were moving here in June. Boom. It sold so we had to do temp housing in NC for several months as they were not ready for me here and I needed to finish up the contract we had in NC for work as we were bound to provide therapy there until May 31. But we've also had where we took almost a year to sell a house.  for selling, I do prefer quick to drawing it out for so many months.

Tessa it does look like a very dry summer for you.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Marjorie, yes, and in the area we are moving to real estate is really moving fast. That's what a brand new "campus" for 10,000+ employees will do for a place! I think I read somewhere that the majority of the people that will be moved to the new campus are people working in Houston and other Texas locations, so some will probably still be able to commute from where they currently live, but probably a good number of them will be looking to move there in addition to all the people relocating from here and Ohio. DH's office in Virginia currently has 2,100 people who will either be moving or leaving the company. I don't know how many will be moving from Akron, but I think it's smaller than Fairfax by a good bit.

camille, that's a tough call on the flight. I don't know what I'd do in your position. I decided to put off Chickamauga. After three marathons in October, I want to give myself time to recover and do a little training for Charleston in January. If I don't break 3:30 at Erie, I think I'm going to try again at Charleston. So Rehoboth will just be a long training run. I decided I should only do one or the other, and it just made sense to do Delaware while I'm still here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....you make me tired just reading about all the marathons you plan on doing!  Too bad about the house.  Sounds perfect and a pool!  That would be so nice.    Are you still thinking on doing the Half here at Cedar Point?

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Karen, my coach's plans were similarly hard but at the same time edited if I needed to.  During my Chicago training, I had an asthma attack during one of my interval days as well.  This time, I am bad and I even wonder if I could run the efforts I ran with my coach.  Maybe in 2-3 weeks I can pick up some of the speedwork back.  But for now, I''ll just run all workouts (using Pfitz) at easy pace while I heal.  Slow running does not hurt my lungs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SugarLand

Karen - were was the house the realtor found -

sorry I have been MIA - working alot of hours - my day consist of work, run, home & sleeping and floating in the pool on Sundays

Hi everyone have a great day

Vicki