Womens Running

Hey Hey its the WEEKEND (DAILIES) (Read 27 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I have noticed a lot of RW people are over here now. What a dumb move on RW's part. They won't get much traffic these days!

OH AND ITS THE WEEKEND!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.5 for me. Heading to core shortly.

Ah, 47 degrees. It was chilly in shorts and a tshirt! I am NOT complaining. I loved it. The leaves are starting to fall...best time of year. Great run. Foot didnt bother me at all and I was near MP the entire run. Its that weather! Foot seems to be intermittent. This ends me at 47 exactly for the week! Thought of you Karen, Smile Right on I guess!

I have some errands to run today then I may just head north to my parents. Not sure yet. HCBF was going to try to get everything he needed to get done last night so he could come home today. But I am NOT that girl that sits around and waits..so I am just going to do my own thing. I really have nothing nice to say about that situation so I am just going to keep my mouth shut.

Happy Weekend!

Sandy - I hope you are out there killing it!!! I am sure you are Smile I am so excited for MCM! Have fun volunteering tomorrow, too! Lets see this weekend…well the room above the garage finally got finished so we were going to start moving some stuff in there. Not sure about that now. I might just do some errands and head to my parents today. I only have to be at work for a few hours tomorrow so I am hoping I can rest most of it!

Lori - Laughing about the funyun! It might be for the best that you don’t know what they are hahaha. Glad the layoff is only temporary.

Laura - I agree! Rectify is so slow! We just finished the first season and the last episode was good..but now we want to see what happened with the case! Do they end up telling that? Have fun this weekend! Hope the weather is nice for the games!

Tessa - Thanks for the turkey instructions Smile I told HCBF we should have our own Thanksgiving the weekend after. For practice Smile Though we might have to do it anyway. Since my brother will probably have a new baby they want to do Thanksgiving at their house..they are 2 hours away and I have to work the next day so I probably wouldn’t go. WOOOHOOO for the 200! What is next for you??

Karen - Ahhhh a house to yourself! I am sure that was nice Smile When is your dads birthday?! Sweet of you to go out for it!

Run4kupcakes - Good luck out there today! You have PERFECT weather!!!

Anyone else racing today? Oh, Lori is, right? Good luck!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning Lizzie . This is beautiful weather indeed. Where are you located?

I'm trying to motivate myself with coffee right now.

My race is tomorrow.  Today is an optional 3 miles. Trouble is that if the schedule says optional I usually opt out. But it could loosen things up?

I'm a little stiff today to be honest. Tomorrow is not my goal race but to be used as a training tuneup sort of thing. I'm still creaky from this week's speed work.

Will be back later and attempt personals.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Saturday!

Lizzie, great you had a fab run.  I hope HCBF makes it back, such a frustrating situation...  Agreed with everyone, turkey is super easy.  I like mine stuffed, but that is a no-no apparently nowadays.  I still do it.  I am a rebel.

Lori, I am with you on optional days being days off instead.  Enjoy your break!  Good luck tomorrow.

Sandy, hope your race went well.  I have zero idea what race you are doing, but I'm with Lizzie, kill it!

Heading off to work in about an hour.  My coworker asked to switch days so he could watch his girls run XC.  Gives me tomorrow off.  I am going to try for a short run then to see how things feel.  I was chatting with my friend doing Chicago and we both are going to go most likely and suffer through it regardless.  My cold does seem greatly improved this morning.

I've got nothing else here.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with my husband's cold, thanks hubby.  Canceled OTF because that might make it worse. Have 5 with strides tonight.

Lizzie, nice 6.  Unfortunately, they don't care about traffic. They already closed the forums two days ago, like announcing and then boom, fuck you (us).

Lori, good luck on the 3 and good luck tomorrow.

Kathryn, hoping work is not too busy.  Hope to see you in Chicago. Where are you staying?  I'm at the Congress.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

6.2 miles this morning, 3 with BRF which was nice since we haven't run together in a few weeks.  Quite chilly, 30's which means the wooden bridge I run over was frosty and slippery!  I made it over unscathed though lol!

Quiet morning, then taking DS to his soccer games.

Lizzie - nice run!  You would laugh at the layers I wear once it's below 45.  I had on capris, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, vest, gloves and headband  LOL and my hands were cold the entire time!!  I agree, you should do your own thing today, no point in sitting around and waiting.  I don't really want to give away the ending on Rectify...I will say there is  no courtroom or trial involved.  If you don't finish it, I'll give you the ending ha ha!  I missed your question about the turkey, but I have used the Jenny-O brand which is all ready to go, even includes a thermometer, so you just put it in the oven and wait for the thermometer to pop up!

Lori - oh yes, I do remember you are in Canada!!  I say go for an easy 3 

Kat - glad your cold is getting better and you are doing Chicago!  Sounds like a fun time with your friend.  Blah on working today but glad you get tomorrow off!

So, anyone else have to increase the font size on RA?  Yikes, way too small for these middle aged eyes!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all! Nice run with the group today. Our dew point was down in the 60s and temp around 70 and we were all talking about how nice it was. I didn't have the heart to tell them that in other parts of the country people still consider that sucky weather. It did feel nice out there. The group ran 9 and I ran 10.6. There is a park that closed due to Harvey flooding but opened back up a couple weeks ago that has a 1.8 mile loop, so I started putting that at the end of the runs and then when I get to that park I run the opposite way to make sure everyone is doing okay and still there and upright. Today the last girl was struggling some, so I turned around and ran with her the rest of the way and ended up with 10.6. My stomach was feeling a little messed up during the run and is still not 100% so I probably won't do a whole lot today. Plus are start time is getting earlier and earlier and I am tired - retired people don't need to be getting up at 5 am.

Liz, nice weather and even nicer run! My dad's birthday is Nov. 6. We were going to throw him a surprise party the weekend before but then I forgot and agreed to do the run leg of a half ironman on a relay team on Nov. 5. And the following weekend is the goal race for most of the half marathoners in my group. So we decided to do it on his birthday (because 80 year olds and their friends are mostly retired). I'm just flying up Monday morning and back Wednesday.

Lori, if your feeling stiff, maybe go out for a mile and if it helps, run 3, otherwise, quit. If your feeling tired, I'd say skip it. I'm going to go ahead and say good luck tomorrow now, since you'll be getting up way way early and I'll still be sleeping tomorrow morning.

Kathryn, I'm glad the crud seems to be going away. Nice of you to switch work with your coworker.

Damaris, aaauugh on the cold. Take it easy.

Laura, nice chilly run. Not jealous, not jealous, not jealous.

Kupcakes, good luck at your race today! Wait, it's 11 o'clock here, so noon there......hope the race went well!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My cold is almost gone.  It wasn’t ever terrible but still sucked as I was coughing.

Rockey had training yesterday. He did well.

I had my annual mammogram this am (they have such a need they are doing Saturday appointments now), walked Rockey for his homework and yard work. The memorial garden for my dad is looking so great. The roses are in full bloom (odd for end Sept) and even the gardenia is flowering. I know some gardenia  can bloom in early fall but mine never have.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

PIc of garden

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The gardenia is blooming white flower.

Marjorie

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, I am at the Omni.  Is your DH coming??  When are you getting in??

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, I am at the Omni.  Is your DH coming??  When are you getting in??

Yeah he is coming. We get there Saturday at noon and leave right after the marathon.

the cold is not bad, fortunately.  Just sniffling so far.  But going to OTF would have made my cold worse as it has before. I might have to downgrade to once a week. Not much time lately.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 total with the 10k. Slower than I was hoping for, but pace was faster than last week's 5k. It was a mostly out and back course. The first 2+ miles felt really good. Turns out that was from the downhill (not steep, but noticeable) and tailwind. Guess what happened on the way back? Even the the second part was slower, it seemed like it was for everyone and I wasn't being passed all over the place. Weather was nice--I wore a tank and capris, it was in the low 60s. It did get warm mostly in the section of the race on Aberdeen Proving Ground. There is no shade on the base. Oh, and that part made for interesting pre-race announcements:  "You've all been cleared to run on APG. If someone tells you to stop, listen to them. They have large guns".

Marjorie, the garden looks great.

BerthaSlayer, I've had mixed results with the short shake out runs. It didn't seem to bother me today, but I've had times when I've done a really short, like 1-2 miles to try to loosen up and it makes things worse.

Seloc

16 tougher than they shoulda been miles this morning. Ah well, they are done. Great weather, too. 47 and breezy. Perfect for shorts, T and gloves haha. Soon as I got home, quickly showered and then to a friends to help move a couple things. Heavy things and now I'm tired. But meeting another friend for late lunch and beer! Gramma is gonna be a sleep earrrrrly tonight!!  Hoping to get in some miles early tmrw before having to be over in Mpls by 7am to course marshal TCM. Itll be a long day but fun!

Lizzie - soooo happy you are getting the fall weather!  Sure hope HCBF makes it home tonight but I'm with you - can't be waiting arnd. That's super exciting the room above the garage is done already!  Whatcha doin with your parents?  Have an awesome day!!

Laura - ummmm yep!  Gotta increase the font on this web site on the computer - you are not alone. Nice miles today - glad you could catch up with you your RB.

Karen - thanks for the input on my long run yest. I was hoping for more miles today but just wasn't feeling it. Ever since the marathon my entire posterior chain has been tight and hurty. I really need to stretch. The piriformi (both piriformis?  Piriformises? Haha) are sore. As well as lower back. Figured 15 next week then 10. And I gots to stretch. Nice run with your group!!!

Kuocakes - congrats on the race!  Dang 10K pace faster than 5K is awesome!!

Kat - no race for me - Lizzie was just wishing me luck in long run. Glad you are feeling better!  Excited for you to still go to Chicago as well!!  Good luck with your run tmrw. Hope it's cooled off a bit!!

Good luck tmrw, Lori!!  Cracking up because I'm kinda like you - I can easily convince myself that 3mi is not going to make or break anything haha. Hope it's a great race!!

Damaris - oh no on the cold!  Darn DH. Hope it's short lived. Smart if you to skip OTF

Marjorie- beautiful garden!!

Waves to everyone else. Doing the from memory posting from phone which I'm not that great at!!  Off for beer and food ahhhhh. Happy Saturday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

On my tablet and it's acting weird...fixed up the fence so the horses have a little romm...massage...grocery shopping and later I'm going to packet pick up and check into the hotel. HM on Sunday is a point to point which I've never done. Hi to everyone.